bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1000 year reagin of Jesus, 1000 years of Satan in the pit  (Read 4230 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
1000 year reagin of Jesus, 1000 years of Satan in the pit
« on: February 10, 2010, 03:43:49 AM »

Could someone comment on how we know, or if we know, that 1000 years when spoken of in Revelations is truly 1000 years? Did not Jesus use symbols and metaphors and  is a thousand years truly a thousand years? I'd appreciate some clarity on this.
 Thanks so much,
Patricia

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: 1000 year reagin of Jesus, 1000 years of Satan in the pit
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 04:25:03 AM »

Hi Patricia.  We know that the 1000 years spoken of in Revelation is NOT a literal 1000 years.  All the language of the Revelation is symbolic and Spiritual.  Someone may be by later to point you to further sound teaching.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: 1000 year reagin of Jesus, 1000 years of Satan in the pit
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:20:13 AM »

Hi Patricia

The Scriptural things that are symbolized can only be accomplished in one's heart and mind and spirit through the Spirit Heart and Mind of Christ, Who imparts to us understanding and conversion.

Here are some points to ponder copied from a selection of e-mail answers given by Ray.

Arc

« on: December 04, 2006, 09:12:20 PM »

> Hi Ray,
>
> I have a question that I have not found addressed and answered on your
> website. If ALL of
> Rev. is symbolic, is the 1000 year period of Christ's reign (Kingdom) on
> earth also symbolic and what about the 100 year period to follow where Satan
> is released from his "bottomless pit" for a time.
>
> I go to your site every day to read and learn and I always find something I
> didn't see before, which
> fills me with even greater desire to be not only "called" but "chosen".
>
> You and your family are always in my heart and prayers.
>
> Sue

Dear Sue:
I am afraid that you do what we all do at some time or another, and that is
to assume that the Scriptures say things that they don't.

Technically, nowhere does it actually say that Jesus will reign for a thousand
years, althought it can be deduced, and yes, it certainly is symbolic.

As as for the 100 year where you suggest that Satan is loosed, the Scriptures
absolutely do not defend such a "100 year" period. But yes, the "little season," is also
symbolic.  I will be writing on these subject in the future.

God be with you,
Ray
    Parable
« on: September 19, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »   

Thanks for the encouragement.. can you tell me what you mean when you say all of the scriptures are a parable?

Thanks,

Dave

Dear Dave:

More accurately, I have said: "The whole Bible is one giant parable."

By that I mean that virtually nothing is a literal teaching, but a spiritual teaching.  From the opening statements concerning "Let us make [be making, or making[ man in Our [spiritual] Image" to "And whosoever will [desires] let him take the water of [spiritual] life freely," the Church has not a clue as to what is being spoken of.  Hence, the doctrines of  Egypt have replaced the Truths of God's Word. The result is the teaching that God's first plan failed utterly, and plan B doesn't seem to be fairing much better. The whole world is going to hell in a handbasket for all eternity, and there is nothing that God can do to change it or correct it or save humanity. What a crock.  A Perfect God does not create eternal failings. All the evils of this modern world are exactly where God foreordained them to be.  All is heading for a perfect and flawless and marvelous eternal destiny. "The wise shall understand" (Dan. 12:10).

God be with you,

Ray
    Rapture
« on: September 19, 2006, 11:54:24 AM »   
Does the second coming happen before the 7 years tribulation or after? When Jesus Christ will reign for a thousand years with his chosen, but this poses the question referring to my opening to this e-mail what happens to those that are left?
Hope this e-mail finds you and your family keeping well.
Yours in the faith.
Geoff.  

Dear Geoff:
The Scriptures do not speak of "The 7 years of tribulation."

Those "that are left" will populate the world during the millennium. As Jesus returns with Great Wrath, there won't be many men left with which to repopulate the earth (Isa. 24:6).
God be with you,
Ray

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 05:22:16 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.