bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 5388 times)

markn902

Hello
« on: February 11, 2010, 05:37:09 PM »

Hi my name is Mark and I am introducing myself although I originally signed up several years ago. So I am not really new I just don't post alot. ( or log on apparently as I have had to re-register 3 times now) But I am active now! I was raised as a JW  and thats what I believed the Truth to be for most of my life. Now I see,or am seeing, Gods real word. Anyway I will be posting often as I have started Bible Studying with my Wife. She was raised Catholic and alot of this stuff is all brand new to her and I am not used to, or qualified to be, a teacher.  So I will be posting questions from time to time. As a JW I never believed in Hell so that was no big deal to me but I am finding it is with Her. Anyway enough with my life story and thanks to everyone in advance who responds to my posts!  :)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »

Hi Mark, and by extension, Mrs. Mark.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:37:34 PM »

welcome (back) from me too mark. and a welcome also to your wifey. enjoy the time together in His Word.

claudia

Kat

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 11:52:35 PM »

Hi Mark,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
That is wonderful that you are studying with your wife, having you there will be a great help to her.  The forum will be here whenever you have a question and I'm sure someone can help you. Here are a few links, just in case you need to find something.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

G. Driggs

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 01:13:04 AM »

Hi Mark, welcome to the forums.

Peace, G.Driggs

Linny

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 01:33:40 AM »

Welcome both of you and so happy you will be posting with us.
I'll bet you have lots of interesting conversations at your house!!  ;) ;D
Lin

cherokee

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 08:13:23 AM »

Hey Mark,

Welcome back to the forum. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Blessings,
Suzie

markn902

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »

Thank you everyone for your kind responses and the Audio links. I am downloading a bunch of them to listen to while we are on vacation this next week (we'll be driving alot)
& Linny awesome quote there at the bottom of your box
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:21:41 AM by markn902 »

Samson

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 12:15:57 PM »

Hi my name is Mark and I am introducing myself although I originally signed up several years ago. So I am not really new I just don't post alot. ( or log on apparently as I have had to re-register 3 times now) But I am active now! I was raised as a JW  and thats what I believed the Truth to be for most of my life. Now I see,or am seeing, Gods real word. Anyway I will be posting often as I have started Bible Studying with my Wife. She was raised Catholic and alot of this stuff is all brand new to her and I am not used to, or qualified to be, a teacher.  So I will be posting questions from time to time. As a JW I never believed in Hell so that was no big deal to me but I am finding it is with Her. Anyway enough with my life story and thanks to everyone in advance who responds to my posts!  :)

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the Forum and glad that God remove the Watchtower Scales from your eyes. I was a JW for twenty years resigning in April 2004. After reading Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom By Former Governing Body Member Raymond Franz, all the proof I needed that they weren't God's Channell or Faithfull Slave was factually presented. There extreme Legalistic Approach on personal choices by their members and their subsequent Dis fellowshipping procedures was the initial catalyst to my departure. I didn't think that I would ever join any type of Fellowship again, until God led me to Ray's Site. Prior to that, I was already aware of the Universal Reconciliation of All and that God's Judgements were remedial and not "Eternal," but that was only the beginning of my journey.

It was one single thought, prior to learning about Universal Reconciliation that was the initial cause that started my search and it was This: " How could a loving God annihilate, Eternally torture or separate most of Humanity, based on Finite Sins commited in such a short Lifetime(70-80 years at most), I figured that a God like that was neither Wise nor Loving or Fair, it would make Him lower than the worst of Humans. None of it made any sense to me. Shortly afterwards I began to learn about Universal Reconciliation For All from various Writers and inadvertently found this Site, wasn't even looking for it, saw the subject Lake of Fire Series by some Guy named L Ray Smith and said " What is This," more of this Eternal Punishment crap, probably, but I looked at it and actually started reading His massive Volume of Emails and answers, I couldn't stop reading them thinking, this Guy makes alot of sense with the Scriptures to thoroughly support His points, covering every angle for those that might say: " What about this or What about that."

My apologies for the long winded speech, but I got so excited when an Ex-JW, like myself gets led to this Site, it's very upbuilding for me. There are a few other Raised, Former JW's that are members of this Forum. Glad you joined us Brother and hope to hear your comments when you are moved to do so.

Kind Regards, Samson.

markn902

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »

Thank you very much Samson.

I am going to read those publications from Raymond Franz as I was unaware of them to this point. I actually had a different "coming out" as it were. After several years of not going to meetings me and the wife decided we should be going to church. We had some witnesses over for bible study( as I was sure that was the only "real" religion). However my wife didn't like it and we didn't make it too far. To appease her I said we should go out and try out some different churchs. (again feeling inside that the kingdom hall was really the only place) anyway we went about "church hopping" with me being the constant critic always pointing out what they were doing wrong  ;D. Then something happened..we went back to the kingdom hall and I looked at the teachings and everything else with that same critical eye I had been using for the other churchs and guess what. I freaked out because this wasn't a "special" organization. It wasn't perfect it was  man made with all the faults and flaws of any other man made religion. I was not ready for that having been raised with a far different viewpoint. Anyway to make a long story a little bit longer I prayed. I prayed that God would show me which religion to be in what church to go to and how He wants me to serve Him. And he gave me the truth. or I should say IS giving me the truth. It seems so silly now to ever believe that God would have made billions and billions of people just to destroy most of them. But that's whats out there. Anyway thanks again I feel very good right now  ;D

Mark & Anne
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:06:40 PM by markn902 »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 05:49:06 PM »

Welcome to the forum Mark and Anne.

I also had been a JW for a period of time in my life.  Although I was raised a Baptist, I was never really indoctrinated into their beliefs, but with the JW's, I was totally indoctrinated.  For years, even after I was no longer an active member, I also thought they were the only "real " religion."  At God's appointed time, He freed me from that bondage, but I understand that it was a necessary part of my spiritual journey. :)

René

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 11:01:52 PM »

Hello Mark and Anne

Thanks for the information Rene.
I had a similar experience with WCG and thought we were doing the correct thing.
It is sure a relief to begin to know the truth and to recognize that God loves each of us in every way.

Indiana Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 23 queries.