bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snowing in SE AL!!  (Read 7625 times)

Ninny

Snowing in SE AL!!
« on: February 12, 2010, 10:49:21 AM »

my grandkids are happy today! it very rarely snows down here. but the flakes are big and it's supposed to continue throughout the day... brrrrrrrr shut up all you guys who have been snowed in all winter..let me have my moment!!  ;D

Kathy  ;)

rockrdude

Re: Snowing in SE AL!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 11:20:21 AM »

Enjoy your global warming, Kathy..

Build a snowman for me..
But first, I hope you feel better.  :)

Samson

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 11:32:53 AM »

my grandkids are happy today! it very rarely snows down here. but the flakes are big and it's supposed to continue throughout the day... brrrrrrrr shut up all you guys who have been snowed in all winter..let me have my moment!!  ;D

Kathy  ;)

Kathy,

Your Grand Kids are welcome to some of my snow here in Pennsylvania, I'd like to ship it to you, next time, preferably before I shovel it for nine hours;  ;D. There's still plenty of work left to do. We got 17 inches in Easton, Pa. If everybody would work together on this Block, all of the snow would be in the big yards we have, but I'm only dreaming, if I think that's going to happen. Of course, our Nation's Capitol got slammed with snow three times this year exceeding 40 inches by now, perhaps Obama's residence is buried beneath it all,  ;).

Before somebody says how wonderfull and beneficial snow is and I'm supposed to like it, I'll save them the trouble: 1) It's good for the water table. 2) It helps to minimize an excessive breeding of insects for Summertime. 3) It's good for the Grass, Garden and any growing Foilage, sorry I still dislike snow.  ::).

Kind Sarcasm Meant, Samson.

Samson

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 11:35:26 AM »

Enjoy your global warming, Kathy..

Build a snowman for me..
But first, I hope you feel better.  :)

Hey Jonathan,

Where is Al Gore hiding these days, any Caves in his area. GLOBAL WARMING, WHERE !

;D ;D ;D Samson.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 12:18:06 PM »

I hate it that I have to be sick on our only day of snow for the winter! Thank you Jonathan, I hope I'm better in time to make dinner tonight!!hehehe!! if Not...well I guess the hubby will have to go to KFC!!
You are cracking me up guys, with the global warming!! I'm waiting to see if it's going to snow in Miami...Last year Musicman said if it snows in Miami we'll know Hell has frozen over!! haha! So if it snows in Miami...I guess we can discount global warming, huh?  :D

Hey, you know I did hear that DC got dumped on pretty good!! I saw a headline on tv yesterday that said "Captiol Shutdown" imagine that!! hehehe!! :D

Samson and Jonathan, I know you guys have shoveled your fair share of snow this winter and Jonthan your children are probably going crazy...it has been too cold and yucky to go outside! Spring is just around the corner!! Everyone hold on!! Now if we can stay away from the springtime tornadoes..we'll be ok!!  :o   

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 01:52:35 PM »

We have snow here too, but  I see something in it as all of the trees and plants bow to the ground with its beautiful color. White on paper is just white. Its not even like a color, but when everything is covered in white with shades of dark peaking through, well it reminds me of the glory that God will reveal when the time comes, and we will all bow, and will not be able to resist just like the trees and plants. Gods glory is what I see in the snow. White represents purity. The weight of the snow is the glory. Its beautiful!
 God could have made snow to be any color. He could have made it green or yellow. there are many beautiful colors , but white is just white. Its the color God chose for snow. God likes white.
 Interesting isn't it?

Roy
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:16:04 PM by Roy Martin »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 02:13:49 PM »

The global warming is happening here in South Africa ;D

We are experiencing heat waves that are pretty fierce.

Arc

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »

Hi Ninny, the snow didn't make to down to Foley but the weather men kept saying it would. I'm down in SW LA, Morgan City, (work) they said it would happen here too but so far no snow.
Stacey

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 09:18:47 PM »

Stacey, I live in Dale County AL and we got some of the heaviest snow in this area!! I don't know exactly how much maybe 3" I haven't heard that for sure yet..now of course the freezing of the roads begins and with these people down here...no way I'd be out on the roads tonight!! we have a lot of snow on the ground, not as much as they got up North of course, but a lot for here!  Our temps are already headed back down we're in the very low 30's with wind chills in the 20's... alright you bunch a big Yankee's stop laughin' at us poor old Southern folk!! I know I don't know what cold and snow is...but hey! it's about to freeze me here!!! So unless you are going to offer me a warm blankie and a hot cuppa tea..just leave me alone!! A wimp is a wimp, is a wimp, OK?? heeheehee!!  :D ;D :P
That's all I got to say about that!...for now, anyway!! :)
Kathy ;)

Kat

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 10:03:49 PM »

Hey we got a couple of flurries, but we had a lot of rain before that and so there was no accumilation. But we got to see it coming down real heavy for awhile, like Kathy said that's rare for these parts.

Kat

frecklegirl417

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »

Hello, Ninny!

I thought I would give you some pictures of the snow from where I work. I got stuck there for 3 days because of snow. I hope the kids enjoyed it. When you don't shovel it look at it all the time it is fun.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae221/pambam_album/mybabyssnowatwork-5.jpg
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae221/pambam_album/mybabyssnowatwork-4.jpg
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae221/pambam_album/mybabyssnowatwork-3-1.jpg

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »

oh Pam! That is really what I call snowed in!! Yep! ours is starting to melt! If you go to my facebook you can see the pictures my husband took of our snow..It was pretty cool since it never snows here..when it does it never sticks...I'm glad we don't get much snow...we get enough rain to make up for it...it sounds like it's raining outside right now, but that's the snow melting off the roof!  :D
Kathy ;)

jingle52

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »

Hello,
a good way to keep warm and satisfied is with a warm bowl of soup Italian style, very low cost too!
It's called "Pasta e Fagioli" Beans and pasta... this is one of our favourite dishes in winter, easy and quick to make!
This will feed 4
one 4oo gr  can of Borlotti beans
one medium onion
60 gr cubed pancetta (bacon) I don't know if you can buy the already cubed bacon where you are
sprig of fresh rosemary
small penne rigate "Barilla" pasta (tube like pasta not the large kind or any pasta to your liking), measure the dry pasta first for each individual
salt and pepper to taste

chop onion and fry with cubed pancetta for about 6 minutes, or until onions are starting to brown. Add the rosemary and stir fry for another minute. Then add the whole can of beans with all its liquid and the pasta which you have half cooked before. Turn off gas and let past swell in the liquid without cooking it. The liquid should be thick but not too dense (add water if necessary) neither too runny (thicken with flour if necessary)
serve nice and hot!

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 02:56:03 PM »

yum! that soup sounds good! I am going to try it! perfect for a cold windy day!
thanks!
Kathy;)

Linny

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 10:09:34 PM »

I know lots of folks are sick and tired of the snow already but we feel really bummed.  :-\
It seems it all just passes over us here in central KY and either dumps a bunch of rain or a little bit of snow.
Everytime they warn of a huge snowstorm coming, it doesn't and somebody else gets it.

About 5 years ago I got interested in climate change facts. Many experts were saying it wasn't global warming but we were in a defrost mode much like your freezer has to do on occasion. When I did the math they gave, 2010 was the first year we were supposed to come out of the warming trend we were in. So here we are and snow is all over the place! Let's see if the trend continues. I hope so as I want my kids to experience the wonderful winter fun we had as kids playing in the snow!

cherokee

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »

Lin,
I remember back in my freshmen year of highschool here in Ky, we got out for Christmas break and didn't go back till sometime in Feb. because of the snow.  ;D  We ended up having to go to school on Saturday's to make up days missed so we could have a summer break. 

Suzie

Linny

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 12:12:54 AM »

Suzie, I am pretty sure that was 1978 and I was a Jr in High school!
Now they say we are getting 2 inches tonight and 3-4 more tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too cold to enjoy it!
We need to get together again soon!!
Lin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.