bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPISUNAGOGE  (Read 10348 times)

Amrhrasach

EPISUNAGOGE
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »

If this is not a testimony matter then move to the appropriate spot moderators.  Just didn't really know where to put it.

Yesterday I was reading Part 11 of LOF again.  As usual the second…or third…or ? time reading some word or sentence just melts away the crusty edges and penetrates.

Here’s what ‘penetrated’.  Honestly, I put the book down and just simply got lost in gaze thinking on the wonderment of what Ray describes here:

NOT FORSAKING THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER

In Hebrews 10:25 were are admonished as follows:

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as you see the day approaching."

That this is speaking of believers congregating together to worship and study God’s Word, there can be no doubt. However, there is a much deeper meaning to this "assembling" that few have ever seen. I never saw it myself until I read a paper by J. Preston Eby, entitled: "FORSAKE NOT THE ASSEMBLING."
I will quote an excerpt or two from his paper:

"The Greek word for ‘assembling’ is EPISUNAGOGE. The word, literally, is a verb meaning to synagogue. It is a compound of the Greek prefix EPI with the word SUNAGOGE from which we get our transliterated English word Synagogue. EPI means super – imposition – that which is above, higher than, highest, upon. SUNAGOGE means a meeting, assembly, or gathering. Putting these two words together, EPI-SUNAGOGE means THE ABOVE SYNAGOGUE, THE HIGHER MEETING, THE HIGHEST ASSEMBLY, THE HIGHER-THAN-ALL-GATHERINGS!

It bespeaks of something far greater than merely collecting so many breathing bodies together in one place.   

It is a meeting in a higher realm, on a higher plane, in the high places of the Spirit, and in the heights of Truth. It is a gathering together in a dimension above. It indicates an assembling IN THE SPIRIT…"
(All Caps belong to Mr. Eby).

……..

“WE are to episunagoge (assemble) on a higher plane, in a higher realm, in a spiritual assembly, IN THE SPIRIT!”

“Amazing, isn’t it. Jesus "assembled [Gk: episunagoge]" with His Father BY HIMSELF, ALONE. We can do the same. Not just on Sunday morning or Wednesday evening, with a crowd, in a building, but on every day of the week, and we can do it while we are ALONE.”

I am SOOOOO guilty of tossing bits and pieces to God.  Help me here Lord, or show me something Lord, or WHYYYYY can’t it be MY WAY this ONE time!!!!

No, this stopped me in my mental track and bowed me spiritually.    It may have been a ‘one' moment.

A ‘won’derful moment.

I believe God may have been holding the book so I could read that part.  It was an answer needed from him.  He listened and answered.  Nothing material, just spiritual.

Thankful here.

Gary

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

dave

Re: EPISUNAGOGE
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 01:51:59 PM »

Praise Jesus! Yes my brother thats a nugget! the Lord lead me in reverse. I read it first by Eby, then by, Prinzning, and it all seemed to confirmed in LOF.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »

I'm thankful too, Gary.  Thankful that you worshipped and shared here, and thankful that such a thing is true.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 04:20:25 PM »

It is a very important truth that we are ever before Him and never alone. When I see others finding out the Truth, it makes me feel closer to HIm where I can feel His Peace and Joy.

Thank you for sharing that Gary.

Arc

Amrhrasach

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »

Thank you Micah, Dave and Arc.

So true Arc, “ever before him and never alone”.

Precisely.

Yesterday when I was dazed and amazed and smiling about this…. finer thing....that Ray has so exquisitely laid out before us all it absolutely consumed my thoughts for a few minutes on the magnificence and splendor of …..that future day…....when we will be, spiritually, in the presence of the Lord, T-H-E creator, to know him in his glory, to talk with him just as we can talk to each other today.

And then it hit me…….

;D

Roy Coates

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 07:55:27 PM »

This study blesses me as well. When some one tries to guilt me or otherwise convince me that I must attend "church" I revisit this teaching by Ray.

It is also a blessing to share with you Gary and others how you have been blessed.

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 11:59:34 PM »

Hi Gary,

Now in Christ Jesus, we go directly to The Throne Of Grace 24/7/365. Glad you caught that one, now we can go together anytime, hold on to it with everything you have.

Heb 4:
11  Therefore let us labor to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of unbelief.
12  For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

13  Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight, but all things are naked and opened to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

14  Since then we have a great High Priest who has passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15  For we do not have a high priest who cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted just as we are, yet without sin.

16  Therefore let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

george  :o;D ::).

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 03:47:53 AM »

Fantastic Topic Gary! Thank you for sharing it with us.

“WE are to episunagoge (assemble) on a higher plane, in a higher realm, in a spiritual assembly, IN THE SPIRIT!”

Amazing, isn’t it. Jesus "assembled [Gk: episunagoge]" with His Father BY HIMSELF, ALONE. We can do the same. Not just on Sunday morning or Wednesday evening, with a crowd, in a building, but on every day of the week, and we can do it while we are ALONE.”

Amen! Church ONE on one, Communion, worship, praise, and fellowship on a higher plain, the upper level, in spirit with HIS SPIRIT!

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I think David knew this better than most, seems he had Church One on one more than anyone else in the Bible. Just one of the many examples,

Psalms 139

1.  O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
 2.  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
 3.  Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
 4.  For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
 5.  Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
 6.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
 7.  Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
 8.  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
 9.  If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
 10.  Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
 11.  If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
 12.  Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
 13.  For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
 14.  I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
 15.  My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
 16.  Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
 17.  How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
 18.  If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
 19.  Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
 20.  For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
 21.  Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
 22.  I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
 23.  Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
 24.  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

David knew full well how to hold a real Church meeting, a real assembling together. He knew that communication was important and Who he needed to communicate with.

Some of the best Church meetings I have been to are the private ones, the kind where its God and me, there I have been humbled, experienced humility and thanks giving on a greater scale, and praise, worship and Communion on that higher plane. I feel sure that you all have been there too!

Gary, again, thank you! 
Stacey

Linny

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 01:40:12 PM »

Thanks for sharing that Gary. I also came across it recently when an elderly woman we hadn't seen in a while found out we were "home churching" and decided she needed to teach me why we should be in church.
Afterwards, I was prompted to revisit Ray's teaching on this so I would be more "ready with an answer" the next time. I did okay with it when it happened but wished I'd had this information on the tip of my tongue!
Lin

Astrapho

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 01:55:24 PM »

Woo, thanks for sharing that, Gary! It was one of those which I "skimmed over"... Didn't see its true importance until now. I've recently been struggling with the question too. Sometimes I am approached by the christians in my school who asks why I don't go to church and still call myself a christian, and I don't really know how to give answer... To think that I've skimmed over it so many times! Wow.

myms

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 04:35:51 AM »

We can probably all identify with Gary's 'one' moment, 'won'derful moment, I know I can. I can find myself reading a passage of scripture, or something Ray has written and I think to myself 'I know that', and then the shear enormity of the TRUTH of what I'm reading explodes in the brain and I'm left speechless with the joy of a deeper 'knowing'. What a privellaged people we are!

Phil3:10

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 03:10:35 PM »

Gary,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We all need this kind of special moment in our lives. My best worship is not in a church but on my knees in my bedroom with tears running down my face. Praise and all honor to HIM who is everything.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Amrhrasach

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »

Thank you all for your comments.   It’s so good to be able to share….here….with each other these wonderful things Ray has brought to a sharper focus.

then the shear enormity of the TRUTH of what I'm reading explodes in the brain and I'm left speechless with the joy of a deeper 'knowing'.

Exactly what I felt when I read it myms, and I was left speechless, but oh what a feeling. 

What a privellaged people we are!

And that’s why I felt so thankful for Ray’s teachings, this forum, and the members of this forum, so that we can share those times when something becomes clear.   Goes right along with what George says here:

we go directly to The Throne Of Grace 24/7/365. Glad you caught that one, now we can go together anytime,

Precisely George.   The feeling one has realizing the nearness of the Lord….24/7/365.   Episunagoge.   On the higher plane, together. in the spirit, together.  Wow.

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.