bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basketball Passes  (Read 10800 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Basketball Passes
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:27:46 AM »

Play the video and count the number of passes by the players in the white shirts.

Come back here and tell what you saw.

http://viscog.beckman.illinois.edu/flashmovie/15.php
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:31:49 AM by Craig »

mharrell08

Re: Basketball Passes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »

Play the video and count the number of passes by the players in the white shirt.

I believe 15

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:38:18 AM »

I agree with Marques...15
Kathy :)

Craig

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »

The question is, what did you see?

Craig

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 11:56:34 AM »

The question is, what did you see?

Craig

The people in white shirts passing to one another and the people in black shirts passing to one another. No one in a white shirt passed to a person in a black shirt and vice versa.

Also a person with a gorilla mask and black shirt walked through the group as they continued to make basketball passes.

Was this a basketball referee training video or something? Like to test a person's perception with multiple distractions?

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 12:00:32 PM »

Duh...I noticed the players in the black passing to the other and the whites passing to the others, but I never saw a guy in a gorilla mask at all! I was too busy watching the ball! hmmm I knew this was a trick question...going to watch it again...
Kathy :)

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »

This is really weird!! I watched that video 3 times to count the passes and NEVER saw the guy in the gorilla suit!! he even stopped and beat his chest!!! I never even saw it!! I am not very good at this game! hehehe!
I hope this isn't a new test they give you before you can get a drivers license!! Oh my gosh!! I'd be staying home a LOT more!!  :o ;D
Kathy ;)

Samson

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 02:30:56 PM »

Play the video and count the number of passes by the players in the white shirts.

Hey Craig,

I only counted 14 passes, the first time I tried to do this, my Wife broke my concentration and I lost count, she said: " No, that was a black shirt." The Moral of the Story is, don't try to focus on a counting exersize with your Wife trying to count at the same time;  ;D

Samson.

Stacey

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 02:57:10 PM »

This was a film used at a meeting my company held a while back.

Tunnel vision can cause you to not see what could potentially be a danger to you and those around you. Try to stay focused on the Big Picture and it could make for a better, safer environment for everyone involved in what ever the endever may be.
Stacey

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 04:07:34 PM »

I was having trouble counting as they were moving around, passing, bouncing the ball.  I did see the monkey man though.  Fun Stuff!
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »

Samson, Now that was good advice!!! I'm telling you, dude...you're funnier than you think! hahahaha!!
Kathy ;)

longhorn

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 08:26:51 PM »

Not sure how many passes, but now Im permanently cross-eyed and I have a herniated cervical disc.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Vangie

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »

He's baaaaaack!  Welcome home Longhorn.  You've been missed!

Linny

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 12:07:22 AM »

Thank you for the laugh longhorn! I don't feel good and that helped!  :D

mharrell08

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »

So Craig, what is the video about?  :)

Craig

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 07:33:48 PM »

So Craig, what is the video about?  :)

Many facets to that question.  It was like you stated before, how tunnel vision can blind us to things going on around us.  Most people don't see the gorilla until you tell them to look for it.  I think it has a lot of spiritual application too.  We can become so tunnel visioned on one particular doctrine or teaching and not see what God puts right in front of our noses.

Craig

mharrell08

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 07:43:24 PM »

Great point Craig...that statement hits home with me in particular, thank you  :)

Craig

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »

I don't recommend this for everyone, but I have gone a little over one year now with very little bible study or going back over Ray's teachings.  I have felt led to just chill out and see God as He is meant to be seen.  I see Him working the little things in me and those around me, I see Him in nature and the littlest things.  I feel like I am starting to die to self a little bit.  When I was deeper into study and teachings I was looking for what was over the next hill and missed God in the valleys and slope of the hill.  I think God is in those places more than at the top of the hill.

If we run from hilltop to hilltop we lose out on all the scenery on the way, it is what is on the way that shapes us more if we let it.

I'm starting to feel the tug of deeper study now so that may be where He is leading me, but whatever, as my good friend Joe stated many times, this is an amazing journey.

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.