bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grayson's upcoming surgery  (Read 3714 times)

Ninny

Grayson's upcoming surgery
« on: February 14, 2010, 10:15:33 AM »

Hi everyone!
I wanted to remind you that my little munchkin will be having the surgery on his eyes this coming Tuesday the 16Th..at 8 am if you would remember him in prayer, I would appreciate it very much!

We're praying that this will correct the crossing of his eyes..which most of you know was caused by the brain tumor.. The eye doctor said that this should be 100% successful, but we should know for sure within 6 weeks..he will have surgery on both eyes to correct the muscle in the left eye and bring his eyes into alignment..

We have been noticing that he tilts his head still and they are now concluding that this is not caused by his eyes crossing..as they first had thought..the eye doctor said it is not the reason, however...no way to be perfectly certain unless the surgery actually corrects it! The head tilt is likely caused by the damage caused within the 4Th ventricle of the brain where the tumor was located..it has caused a disturbance to the nerves and the muscle..complicated, I guess..

The brain is so complicated...all I can do is ask that you pray that the effects of the tumor that may remain for the rest of his life will serve to remind us how blessed we are that Gray did NOT have cancer like so many others...and that his life is a testimony to the goodness of God, and also of His mercy! I read something this morning that said "The door to the world of brain tumors has no welcome sign on it". How very true!

Oh and on a lighter note you might also want to pray for Gray that he survives being three years old..Yesterday I had to hold him back from trying to beat up his baby brother!! So he's in for a rough year if he keeps acting like a three year old..this is likely to continue..I never met a three year old that didn't need a spanking at least twice a day for being bratty..but you gotta love 'em!!

Thank you all for praying once again!!
I love you so!!
Kathy ;) :-*

rockrdude

Re: Grayson's upcoming surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 10:18:06 AM »

At least we can take comfort knowing that a "bratty" 3 year old is a HEALTHY 3 year old.  ;D

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 10:31:46 AM »

Jonathan, no one knows better than you with your nice little collection of children! That the best thing in the world is to see your healthy children acting bratty!! So much nicer than having them lying sick in bed!! We always enjoy the days when our kids feel a little under the weather because they're quiet and still!! but a lifetime of that is not what we want! We want those kids outside running and playing and fighting with their siblings!! It's all a part of being healthy and alive!!  Woo-Hoo!!! ;D
Kathy ;)

jingle52

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 11:07:17 AM »

All the best for his operation and my prayers are with you and your adorable munchkin. My daughter Alessia also had an eye operation when she was five and had to go to boarding school at five and a half. The operation turned out well and now she too is a proud mother of a seven year old boy, very talkative and sometimes lazy when doing homework on Saturdays... I so agree with you that it is far easier to see them running about screaming/shouting and playing with friends/siblings than to see them lying sick in bed... it simply breaks one's heart to see them so helpless.
As I've gathered from your thread, he did go through much worse and through God's Grace and Mercy is over the big hurdle.
God Bless you both!

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 12:11:44 PM »

I will keep him in my prayers. I know, he has had a rough year.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Coates

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 02:36:03 PM »

Prayers of blessings to you and Grayson. Keep us posted.

Phil3:10

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 02:44:56 PM »

Kathy,
My prayers for your little munchkin and for all the little ones who are suffering. Gray sounds like the typical 3 year old and prayerfully this surgery will be the success we all will be praying for.
Phil3:10

Lupac

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 02:49:10 PM »

I'm praying for him.

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 05:15:33 PM »

Thanks everyone! Hey I have to share a story from this morning! Confession time.....I went to church..gasp...My son and his wife were sharing the testimony of how God saved Grayson...it is a very excellent testimony...BUT on the way to church I was sitting in the back seat with Gray and he leaned over to me and said, "I'm not going to kid's church." I said "You're NOT? Why not?" He looked at me so seriously and said, "I don't like little kid's church." I said, "But I thought you LOVE kid's church!"  He just looked right into my eyes and said, "I DON'T like little kid's church!!" I almost cracked up..well after church I told my daughter in law what Gray said, and she said, "OH! and he wouldn't GO to kid's church, either! He went to the nursery with his baby brother!" Who can know the mind of a three year old!! hehehe!!  ;D
I know that may just sound like a willful little kid! It IS!! but it's just the though that, you know I keep saying it over and over..this time last year the kid couldn't put three words together in a sentence! What a difference a year and a BIG God make!!!  :D
Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.