bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 9954 times)

daywalker

Re: Free Will
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 08:59:27 PM »

Hello Believer!

Good Day Everyone  :D

...I understand His plan now and it is actually soooooo logical. The moment I understood it, was the moment I asked myself how I could never see it! It's just amazing  :o

Yes, there's something about spiritual discernment ... each time you receive a little, it tends to make you say, "Oh, duh!"  :D

I just needed to know... maybe there is someone that can help me. There is just one point I can't grasp properly. Maybe I missed something Ray wrote and it made me a little confused. It's about free will.

I see the whole point that we don't have free will. I believe it. But sometimes I panick like when I have to make a choice. It feels to me that I'm doing it... and then I feel bad. I know I'm being silly. I mean, our choices was already decided from the beginning.

None of your choices are "decided from the beginning". They are all decided at the point in time in which you make them. God has a "foreknowledge" of every choice you make; and every choice you make has a "reason" or "cause". [ex: cold weather "causes" you to wear a jacket] These are what make your choices and your will not free.

And then there's also one thing I try to understand. If we aren't responsible for anything, how can we be accountable? I mean, if we don't have free will, how can we be accountable?

You are held accountable for the fact that you made the choice. When you make a bad choice, there are consequences. These consequences are what teach you that the choice you made was bad. If there were no consequences for our choices, then how would we learn whether or not they were the "right" ones to make? [ex: how would you know a hot stove can burn your skin without ever getting close enough to feel the heat?]

Hope this helps. It takes time for the "free will illusion" to fully evaporate. Some days you'll think you got it, then comes a day when you're scratching your head. But then one day it will just "click"; and from that day forward you won't ever question or doubt it again...

Daywalker  8)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Free Will
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 08:57:07 AM »

We all have preferences. God decides whether we act on them or not.

God is the cause of a) our preferences, ie we are bound in vanity and b) the preferences that we act on.

Job 2:6  And the LORD said to Satan, Behold, he is in thy hand; but save his life.

God is Responsible for the limit and boundary, cause and effect of everything we do and of everything that happens to us.

Rom 14:4  Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth: and he shall be held up: for God is able to make him stand.

God is our maker.

Pro 16:9  A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

We are accountable, which brings to us, not to God, the consequences for our carnal condition. God is not carnal. God is responsible for making us accountable and carnal which is the Way God is making us.

1Co 15:46  Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

We cannot out run, out smart, escape or be God.  We try to. ::)

To learn the difference between accountability and Responsibility God leads us to understand His Responsibility. We begin to feel very thankful to God and most humbled in His Presence for all the efforts to be our own god that according to the carnal mind, is being accountable for nothing and responsible dictator delegator, for everything. God is not like us. We are to become like God through the experience of our carnal inability to be Him.

Our ways, frustrations, attempts and self will, we experience through our efforts to survive, compete and excel. into making ourselves above God. This is the Plan of God for us to experience. It is an experience of evil.  As and when God makes us aware of His Sovereign Responsibility for everything and everyone, then we enter His rest in the relief, joy, gratitude, repentance and surprising peace that comes from realizing that  we are  accountable  to God and to Him only.  When we know that we are fully accountable to God then only may we begin to share the nature of God to become a sacrifice for Him as did Jesus Christ who willingly, without coercion from God, He elected to die and come to earth to be crucified.

For His great love the Son of God has for His Father, Jesus was notably the only one ever,  who 's life could not be taken from Him. He laid down His life and His Father gave Him power to take it up again. We are being made into that image of Great Love and ability for Great Sacrifice. The reward? Love, Joy, Peace, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Patience and Endurance ~ Fruit of The Spirit of God...and that's not all....  8)

Arc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.