bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I thought I was in bad shape  (Read 3924 times)

dave

I thought I was in bad shape
« on: February 16, 2010, 12:52:20 AM »

After reading about Hedi I kind of feel my problem is pretty small, and it is, except, not to me. Yet, sister, I am so very sorry that such a blow, such as loss, has come into your life; I have no way of giving you  condolences, I cant touch the fear, hurt and lack of undestanding you must have, but I love you and I will pray that The Lord's purpose will prove to your worth, I believe everything He does has purpose and reason for good.
Even as I give forth my grief which I say now pales, for this is only about me. You see I have been known to give myself to drinking, and the Lord has pulled me up so many times, and when He does its not like a parent spanking the child, its more like..ok....lets try it again. I find myself joyfully in love with the Lord and I study and pray and seek His face, and I am about my Fathers business. I am strong in His arms, He is my Rock and my Salvation. I may go for several years, several months... without the thought of drinking or letting/allowing my mind wander to the dusty and dirty parts of my mind; but then when Im feeling like now, NOW I am able to go forth, stand, and stand strong,to minister His Word....well sometime as time has its way the negative thought slips in an I fight, then this. Let me say this, I take all that life with all the crap and I pray, I wait and I continue to pray and He lifts the weights that so easily beset me and he sits me right(this with all the foul thoughts that still hide and find refuge in mind, but are hushed by His strength) and I confess my error, my foul mouth and temper, my drinking and all such..and well He says to me in a still calm voice I KNOW . I have not denied Him, I stand firm on How I believe He is true, I by His grace cannot quit, but what can I do with my vile self. Peace and Love Through Jesus

Deborah-Leigh

Re: I thought I was in bad shape
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 02:22:16 AM »

but what can I do with my vile self

What can you do micah7:9? Observe, compare with Christ yourself and His Self that has overcome the world and all that opposes, contrasts and is opposite with and to Him.

What you observe of yourself, is the same self of all humanity. It is the humanity beast 666 that Christ and His Spirit shall vanquish. That is your Hope that He builds through the agony of what you observe. Praise God for your spiritual eyes. Many do not see what you see yet.

Only God can give anyone the experience of seeing themselves as they really are! Only God can give us the endurance to survive the sight! Only God can give us the encouragement through His goodness that leads to repentance to change.

Arc
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 02:24:12 AM by Arcturus »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:36:25 AM »

[i]Only God can give anyone the experience of seeing themselves as they really are! Only God can give us the endurance to survive the sight![/i]

what a brilliantly truthful statement. 

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:17:43 AM »

Claudia, you deffinately have a gift in the ministry of encouragement. :)

Thank you for acknowledging His dazzling simplicity of what He knows and shares with us to believe and trust! :)

It would be remiss to not mention those witnesses who have stood the test of time for the record of wise words of Bildad the Shuhite who God did not contradict or rebuke who said…

Job 25:6  how much less man who is a maggot, and the son of man, who is a worm?

Also Isaiah  :)

Isa 6:5  Then I said, Woe is me! For I am undone; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of Hosts.

Arc
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:27:42 AM by Arcturus »

dave

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 02:41:22 PM »

:)Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.