bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a question about some scriptures  (Read 4512 times)

Marlene

I have a question about some scriptures
« on: February 16, 2010, 05:01:50 AM »

I am wondering why it seems these two scriptures are saying something different then the other. 

Romans 2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Galatians  Chapter 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ , even we have believed in Jesus Christ that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not of the works of the law:for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

In His Love,
Marlene

peter

Re: I have a question about some scriptures
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 07:04:51 AM »

We have to wrestle with these things, Does Paul help you.
Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

G. Driggs

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:49:43 AM »

Hi Marlene, just to add to Peter's response, Romans 2:13 is speaking of a spiritual law, and Galatians 2:16 is speaking of a physical law with all its rituals and traditions. Here is a short excerpt that might help explain this.

The Lake of Fire - PART VI The Two Judgments by FIRE

http://www.bible-truths.com/lake6.html

The one True Church of the Living God has a "Father" and a "Mediator—Jesus Christ." But does God’s Church have a "Mother?" Ah, Yes, it surely does:

"For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory [a representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters] for these are the TWO COVENANTS; the one from the mount Sinai, which genders to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar IS [now a metaphor—‘is like, in certain ways’] mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to JERUSALEM which NOW IS [at the time Paul wrote this and continues to this day] and is in BONDAGE with her children. But Jerusalem which is ABOVE ["The HEAVENLY JERUSALEM" Heb. 12:22] is free, which is THE MOTHER OF US ALL" (Gal. 4:22-26).

What amazing Scriptures these are. The New Covenant Church of the Living God has a MOTHER—HEAVENLY JERUSALEM ABOVE. And the giant Old Covenant Whore Church also has a mother—EARTHLY JERUSALEM BELOW. The New is FREE, whereas the Old is in BONDAGE. But how can I say that the Old Covenant Church is "huge?" Aren’t there only a relatively few orthodox Jews around the world who keep the "Old" Covenant? No, there are BILLIONS of people who keep the "Old" Covenant around the world. There are almost no Christians that understand and keep the "New" Covenant. To the world of Christendom, the Old Covenant IS THE NEW COVENANT! The New Covenant is merely keeping the Old Covenant, BETTER! That’s right. To most, the New Covenant consists of keeping the Old Covenant, better. They say that they now keep the Old Covenant "in the spirit." Just how, pray tell, does one keep the "physical" in the "spirit?"

Such a doctrine is utter unscriptural contradictory nonsense. You cannot keep the "physical" in the "spirit." THERE IS NO SPIRIT IN THE PHYSICAL, SO HOW COULD ONE ‘KEEP IT’ IF IT DOESN’T EXIST? We are all born with a physical [carnal] mind. It is possible to keep physical [carnal] laws with a physical carnal mind (Paul did it to near perfection when he was Saul!). But one CANNOT keep God’s spiritual laws with a physical carnal mind!

"Because the carnal [natural physical] mind is enmity [deep seated HATRED] AGAINST God; for it is NOT subject to the [spiritual] law of God, neither indeed can be" (Rom. 8:7).

"For to be carnally minded is DEATH; but to be spiritually minded is LIFE and peace" (Rom. 8:6).

Let’s be sure that we are perfectly clear on these Scriptural facts:

Paul said that there ARE RIGHT NOW, TWO Jerusalem's in existence.

One answers to the New Covenant, which is HEAVENLY JERUSALEM ABOVE.

One answers to the Old Covenant, which is EARTHLY JERUSALEM IN ISRAEL.

If you think that you can spiritually keep the physical laws of Moses, then your mother is the Old Covenant which answers to "Jerusalem which now is—IN BONDAGE."

But if you are keeping God’s spiritual laws through the spirit of God, then your mother is "Heavenly Jerusalem ABOVE which is—FREE."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peace, G.Driggs

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 10:09:04 AM »

Hi Marlene

Thank you for your question.

Romans 2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Galatians  Chapter 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ , even we have believed in Jesus Christ that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not of the works of the law:for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

You have asked why these two scriptures appear to be saying different things :)

These two scriptures book end the topic of the law.

Romans speaks of HEARERS/DOERS of the law.

Galatians speaks of WORKS of the law.

Two very different aspects of the same topic – THE LAW.

Rom 2:13 refers to the truth that those who hear and do  apply FAITH OF CHIRST to what they HEAR, are not as the hypocrites who keep the letter of the law and do not adhere to its standards.Those who hear and DO the law, can only do so through the Faith OF Christ. These will be justified and this is the spiritual aspect of the law that is pointed out to you by G. Driggs.

Heb 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith

Gal 2:16 is confirming that to act out the law by manifesting its works of being kept, without faith, is of no profit to anyone.

.......a debtor to do the whole law
Gal 5:4  Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

You see?  Book ended… :)

Mat 5:20  For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Anyone can only keep God’s Spiritual laws through HIS Spirit. To do otherwise, is a work of the flesh. So one Scripture refers to spiritual and the other to the flesh regarding the same topic, the law - book ended.

Arc
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:41:24 AM by Arcturus »

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 01:05:44 PM »

Thanks Arcturus and George Driggs. I understand, now thas is like mixing new wine with old wine.  I for one know, I have never been able to keep the old law and have not power to keep the new covenant without the Spirit of God.  It is lethal to try and do it. It only leads to death. Only trusting on God and him giving you his Spirit can clear that up.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.