bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: count it all joy ?  (Read 4213 times)

gallenwalsh

count it all joy ?
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »

I have to ask this question regarding enduring hardship.We all have to endure hardship in this life. Some more than others, considerably more that others.Paul made mention of this regarding his personal hardships and that it builds character. I believe that was true in his case, however I have seen hardship destroy character and people as well.  It has been said nothing physical can make you spiritual, so why take a beating ? why suffer ? Why all the suffering ? To such a deplorable degree ? Christ said turn the other cheek, he did that literally and took a physical beating. Just a little confused. A kick in the chops just pisses me off !!

aqrinc

Re: count it all joy ?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:04:22 AM »

Hi gallenwalsh,

Ecc 1:13 (CLV)
I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Stop getting p'd off, here below is a great chapter of Scripture to answer your questions. Read it over a couple times, and read all the words, it does give meaning to what the buffetting and hardship in this life is meant to do. Humility is the end game here, not our satisfaction of base or carnal desires, Character is never destroyed under pressure, it is honed and refined though.

2Co 4:1-18 (CLV)
1 Therefore, having this dispensation, according as we were shown mercy, we are not despondent."

4:2 But we spurn the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor yet adulterating the word of God, but, by manifestation of the truth, commending ourselves to every man's conscience in God's sight."

3 Now, if our evangel is covered, also, it is covered in those who are perishing,
4 in whom the god of this eon blinds the apprehensions of the unbelieving so that the illumination of the evangel of the glory of Christ, Who is the Image of the invisible God, does not irradiate them."

5 For we are not heralding ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, yet ourselves your slaves because of Jesus,
6 for the God Who says that, out of darkness light shall be shining, is He Who shines in our hearts, with a view to the illumination of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

7 Now we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the transcendence of the power may be of God and not of us."

8 In everything, being afflicted, but not distressed; perplexed, but not despairing;"
9 persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not perishing -"
10 always carrying about in the body the deadening of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our body."

11 For we who are living are ever being given up to death because of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh."

12 So that death is operating in us, yet life in you."

13 Now having the same spirit of faith, in accord with what is written, "I believe, wherefore I speak also,we also are believing, wherefore we are speaking also,
14 being aware that He Who rouses the Lord Jesus will be rousing us also, through Jesus, and will be presenting us together with you."

15 For all is because of you, that the grace, increasing through the majority, should be superabounding in thanksgiving to the glory of God."

16 Wherefore we are not despondent, but even if our outward man is decaying, nevertheless that within us is being renewed day by day."

17 For the momentary lightness of our affliction is producing for us a transcendently transcendent eonian burden of glory,
18 at our not noting what is being observed, but what is not being observed, for what is being observed is temporary, yet what is not being observed is eonian."

george ;D.

Heidi

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 07:53:11 AM »

Hi gallenwalsh,

One thing that I have learned here at BT through reading Ray's LOF series is that we are here to learn to become overcomers.  Revelations tells us that "for he who overcomes shall be pillars in the temple of God" etc etc. 

Every negative thing, every hurtful thing I endure now I ask God to show me how to overcome this or that trial and tribullation.  How else are we to learn if we do not apply these spiritual tools in our lives.  And sometimes all that is required of us is just to stand.........

Jesus says to him that OVERCOMES... seven time in Rev. 2 and 3. If the "overcoming" part is really not necessary, then why is it emphatically stated such SEVEN TIMES?

So, don't get p's off but rejoice and be glad.......God is humbling us!

Love
Heidi 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 10:54:49 AM »

Gallenwalsh, part of the human condition is to get upset.

We all get p'd off, indignant, offended, hurt, aggitated, impatient, holier than thou,  and then when there is no more p left in us, then, we can get the help we need.

When we experience that nothing bad that we can do, say, feel or intend, gets no benificial attention, nodesirable  reaction, no worthy results, THEN we are humbled. We do have to learn the hard way.

Heb 12:8  And if you are left without discipline, of which every true son has had a share, that shows that you are ********, and not true sons.

Discipline hurts, offends, aggitates and is uncomfortable. When we are not left without discipline, THEN we know we are NOT ******** but TRUE SONS so we can count it all joy! See? :)

Arc

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:00:10 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.