bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: moving in the supernatural  (Read 14348 times)

coryd123

moving in the supernatural
« on: February 17, 2010, 11:29:19 PM »

God bless everyone. Fellow brethren, I just would like to know if anyone has had any kind of visions or super natural encounters with GOD? I can see the spirit of GOD moving through the people on this sight with wisdom and truth.
we all know that we serve a supernatural GOD and I came to realize that it's hard to turn a page in the bible without some kind of supernatural healing or miracle or casting out of demons.
I also came to realize that Jesus and his disciples were in the business to save souls ultimately, but in the midst of that they also had power to heal the sick and cast out devils, after all it is a battle between spiritual wickedness in high places.
GOD seemed to anoint most of the disciple with powers. We all know that Jesus is the same yesterday the same today and the same tomorrow and we are also only profound to the kingdom as what we know and believe.
I also know that there are different gifts within the body of Christ but it seems that mostly EVERYONE of the disciples that were in the bible had the power to cast out demons and heal the sick and many signs and wonders also.
I have not really heard anyone on here talk to much about the supernatural powers of GOD The scriptures declare that if you shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover if it's in gods will to heal that person and he has anointed you. scriptures just sticking out to me like this one below.

Mat 21:21-22  Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.  And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

I know there a lot more to it than what this scripture says but there are people that have understanding and believe the scriptures and have many signs and wonders and there are many false people that come in the name of the lord with signs and wonders to. Please advise me on some truth about the supernatural.
Gods purpose and plan is being done no matter what.
I just feel that the body of Christ will be more powerful if we learn about the supernatural because these are some promises that Jesus made for a reason to his disciples. Dont anyone get confused in thinking that just old anyone can ask to heal someone and it be done. I do understand that everything is a gift from god but if maybe we study and believe the scripture it might be in his will for some of us to lay hands hands on the sick and they recover.

coryd123

Re: moving in the supernatural
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 12:28:44 AM »

Thanks for your in-put Yea I agree that those are all miracles but I was mainly talking about visions and signs and wonders like healing.

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 12:35:37 AM »

every second of every day is supernatural, I have had one that sticks out but to long to type

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 01:15:49 AM »

Hi, this would be my opinion on this, :( I don't believe that anyone ever, outside of the bible has ever had a real encounter with God or ever will, until the end. If God does do, or has done supernatural (things) after the biblical days there is no proof of it or ever will be, and I like it that way knowing that I believe the truth without having a supernatural event with God.
        Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 01:38:48 AM »

The human eye, today, I have two, God gave them to me=supernatural. There is more.  Ray said in one of his teachings that it takes a miracle of God to make one stubburn. I was that stubburn. God called me out=supernatural. Ray himself talks about his experience with casting out demons, bok buk and no were their names. Guess it is a matter of perspective.  I understand your position Ricky, not debating or discounting you in anyway just sharing. God reveals Himself differently to different people. Peace

F@lgn0n

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 05:39:45 AM »

Hi there coryd.

I have had several experiences that 1 might call 'supernatural' whilst in the charismatic churches. Healings, demons cast out . . . I have even done some of these - truly amazing experiences . . .and more than a few. God can and does heal physically.
However,
I have since come to realise that these wonders ABSOLUTELY PALE in comparison to the OVERWHELMING AWESOMENESS of the power of God as displayed when He SPIRITUALLY HEALS someone. The experience of rising from the dead (spiritually) was BY FAR the most MAGNIFICENT thing God ever did for me.

I think, perhaps, you put far too much stock in what the carnal mind can perceive, and not enough in those things that are FAR MORE POWERFUL, which the carnal mind can not even conceive of.

Peace to you, brother.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 05:41:58 AM by F@lgn0n »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 08:11:56 AM »

Hi coryd123
John from Kentucky hits the nail bang on the head

Ray has brought the spiritual dead back to life; healed the spiritual sick; gave sight to the spiritual blind and hearing to the spiritual deaf.

Also  F@lgn0n testifies well that

The experience of rising from the dead (spiritually) was BY FAR the most MAGNIFICENT thing God ever did for me.

We need to get untangled with the ways of the world and the manifestations of works of the flesh. God is calling us out of these deceptions to His Light and through His Spirit.

Notice what Jesus said to Peter :)

Mat 16:23  But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

The Church is minding the things that tickle, impress, influence and manipulate the feelings and esteem of carnal man.  These shows of spiritual works of the flesh are actually leading people further into  dependence on the flesh for their sense of well being. The condition of the soul is more important.

For what does it profit a man if their body is flawlessly healthy and they lose their soul?
What does it profit a man if their mind is brilliantly functional if they lose their soul?

The Church is practicing works of the flesh and mind because they savor not the things that are of God, but those that be of men.

And yes, I have experienced many unexplainable circumstances that can be categorized as paranormal. So greater has been my handicap!

The quote you refer to in Mat 21 shows us where we are heading not where we are.

Non of us are yet perfected into the Image of Christ. When we are, then, and not before,  we shall have the Faith of Christ. We only have the deposit of such Faith. Once this Faith is fully accomplished in us, through our trials and tribulations, then, we shall no longer doubt, then, ye shall not only do this which is done to do the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.  And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.\....but not today….

Church leaders love to ascribe “gifts of the Holy Spirit” to its own appointed hierarchy, showing itself guilty in the practice of theft and fraud.  They have their reward and their correction is reserved for them. these following Scriptures are really good pointers for anyone being called out of the deceptive practises of demons. 

Rev 13:14  And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Rev 16:14  For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Leaving extravagance, continue to Live simply. Live faithfully. Live peacefully. Live trustfully. 

Arc

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 12:47:08 PM »

Well said Arc,
I too have seen and/or been involved in casting out demons and witnessed heeling's that boggle the mind. I must concure that raising the spiritually dead is far greater. I try to see the super natural power of God every day in everything I do, see, touch etc, especially the spiritually raised. Peace

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 01:50:13 PM »

It crystalises the priority doesn't it Roy?

Joh 11:25  "I am the Resurrection and the Life," said Jesus; "he who believes in me, even if he has died, he shall live;   8)

What is better: seeing the Palace of the King ( the trinkets and the delights ) or being in the King's Presence?  Need I ask..... :)

Arc

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »

Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Babylon claims to be the wonder and the sign! 

Arc

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 06:57:03 PM »

Several people are experiencing the Super Natural right now in
British Columbia, Canada!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwSCHRQCIBY

Gotta be there!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:39:17 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

coryd123

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 12:11:41 AM »

Thank you for all your responses. I agree the saving the soul is more precious than miraculous healing or wonders and that every day is supernatural but I was just trying to get more understanding on visions, casting out demons and healing because it's definably part of the body of Christ and it's still going on today as Roy said he experienced it and it is spiritual warfare going on and as it is in heaven it will be done on thy earth and god works through his people especially HIS SAINTS, ELECT, OR CHOSEN for it to be established and I was just seeing if anyone on here has been anointed to do that. Also I know that GOD is the cause behind all things and he causes and prompts us to pray for ourselves and other people. Where im going with this is that I stand on the promises of GOD and I don't want to be as Babylon that my main focus is on the carnal glamor of gods word. Ok let me get to the point. I have read all about rays teachings on praying and asking god for his will to be done and we will always have are prayers answered and I have found that to be true to a certain degree because gods will will be done no matter how we pray because what ever you pray is what GOD already pre-ordained for you to pray but that is the correct way to pray in most cases but that was not always true in the bible especially when it came to casting out a devil or healing someone. Most the disciples said I command or come out of her and used Jesus name they did not always say father let thy will be done because they new they were anointed with the power under certain circumstances to have signs and wonders and (SPIRITUAL TRUTH TO GO ALONG WITH THE SIGNS AND WONDERS) to ask in thy name and receive. I just would like to know more truth about what authority GOD has given us to prompt us to have a vision or maybe cast out a devil or heal someone physically. Again let me reiterate that spiritual healing is more important than physical healing and that THROUGH MUCH TRIBULATION WILL WEE SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD so sometimes we have to go through sickness and oppression. I pray that someone on here gives me a clear understanding on what authority we may have as as far as gods promises ON what I can stand on with the supernatural of GODS kingdom? And also am I wrong for wanting to know the truth about this subject because it has not been taught much on here and I know one can deny that it was a nice size part of Jesus ministry matter a fact somewhere around 2/3 of Jesus meetings with multitudes he was healing or casting and yea I do understand that a lot of them did not repent after his miracles but it may have converted some of them to the knowledge of the truth and its still a nice part of ministry and Paul and many other disciples and is still going on today and also I have read the scripture as you all pointed out that there are many that will come with signs and wonders that are false and I definably don't wish to be one of them. Please correct me if anything I said does not line up with scripture. Help! Thank you all.

mharrell08

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 01:13:52 AM »

Thank you for all your responses. I agree the saving the soul is more precious than miraculous healing or wonders and that every day is supernatural but I was just trying to get more understanding on visions, casting out demons and healing because it's definably part of the body of Christ and it's still going on today

Hello Cory,

Paul spoke of the 'gifts' within the body of Christ 'vanishing away', so I don't know why you believe it would 'still be going on' in any great capacity.

as Roy said he experienced it and it is spiritual warfare going on and as it is in heaven it will be done on thy earth and god works through his people especially HIS SAINTS, ELECT, OR CHOSEN for it to be established and I was just seeing if anyone on here has been anointed to do that.

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

But 'how' do we wrestle with this powers and principalities? Do we 'shout & yell' that people be healed in the name of Jesus or tell demons to come out of a person?

2 Cor 10:3-5  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

God gives us His spirit and works in us to repent and overcome our flesh. God tells us that in establishing the new covenant, He put His spiritual law into our hearts & minds [Heb 8:10, 10:16]. It's a matter of one's thoughts & desires being aligned with the righteousness of God...for out of the heart, the mouth speaks [Matt 12:34, Luke 6:45]

Also I know that GOD is the cause behind all things and he causes and prompts us to pray for ourselves and other people. Where im going with this is that I stand on the promises of GOD and I don't want to be as Babylon that my main focus is on the carnal glamor of gods word. Ok let me get to the point. I have read all about rays teachings on praying and asking god for his will to be done and we will always have are prayers answered and I have found that to be true to a certain degree

'To a certain degree'? That's not true at all...God works all things (not all things to a certain degree) after the counsel of His own Will.

because gods will will be done no matter how we pray because what ever you pray is what GOD already pre-ordained for you to pray but that is the correct way to pray in most cases but that was not always true in the bible especially when it came to casting out a devil or healing someone. Most the disciples said I command or come out of her and used Jesus name they did not always say father let thy will be done because they new they were anointed with the power under certain circumstances to have signs and wonders and (SPIRITUAL TRUTH TO GO ALONG WITH THE SIGNS AND WONDERS) to ask in thy name and receive.

What kind of reasoning is that? Just because the apostles didn't make a big spectacle of saying 'thy will be done' does not mean that was not in their heart. The apostles did not will, of their own independence, any of the miracles they performed nor even thought that what they were doing was not of the Father's Will:

Paul - 1 Cor 1:1  Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God...

Writer of Hebrews - Heb 6:3  this will we do, if God permit.

James - James 4:15  For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that

Peter - 1 Pet 3:17  For it is better, if the will of God be so...

John - John 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

I just would like to know more truth about what authority GOD has given us to prompt us to have a vision or maybe cast out a devil or heal someone physically.

When has the Lord ever given someone authority to bring about their own visions? God always brings the vision to the individual.

If the Lord moves or inspires someone, anyone, on this earth to 'cast out a demon' or 'heal someone' then that person will do it. We shouldn't worry about potentially missing the calling that God has for us...it is God who works IN us both to will and to do [Phil 2:13]...He does the works.

Again let me reiterate that spiritual healing is more important than physical healing and that THROUGH MUCH TRIBULATION WILL WEE SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD so sometimes we have to go through sickness and oppression. I pray that someone on here gives me a clear understanding on what authority we may have as as far as gods promises ON what I can stand on with the supernatural of GODS kingdom?

Cory, what you are basically saying is that someone who repents of the hellfire doctrine, free will, and any other corrupt, pagan doctrine by the spirit of God is not 'supernatural' enough for you...you need to 'see' a miracle. That is carnal reasoning and understanding at it's worse.

Do you know that 'carnal' can also be defined as 'natural'? So technically, you are seeking a super carnal display of the flesh. Why would you want to have authority and dominion of the flesh seeing that the flesh profits nothing? God is making us into ministers of flames [Heb 1:7, Ps 104:4] for the express purpose of judging the world and the heavenly hosts [1 Cor 6:2-3].

Also remember, this current wicked age belongs to Satan [2 Cor 4:4, Matt 4:8-9]...though all power comes from above [John 19:11]. That is why sickness, death, pain, etc. runs rampant...and it is only going to get worse and worse until Christ comes to put all enemies (including sickness, false doctrines, pain, character flaws, and ultimately death]) under His footstool [1 Cor 15:25].

And also am I wrong for wanting to know the truth about this subject because it has not been taught much on here and I know one can deny that it was a nice size part of Jesus ministry matter a fact somewhere around 2/3 of Jesus meetings with multitudes he was healing or casting and yea I do understand that a lot of them did not repent after his miracles but it may have converted some of them to the knowledge of the truth and its still a nice part of ministry

Yes, it certainly was a wonderful attribute of Christ's ministry but no, it did not convert many, if at all:

John 6:26  Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.

Matt 27:25  Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children

Christ healing the multitudes and calling out His disciples was a shadow of 'greater things to come' [John 5:20, 14:12].

and Paul and many other disciples and is still going on today and also I have read the scripture as you all pointed out that there are many that will come with signs and wonders that are false and I definably don't wish to be one of them. Please correct me if anything I said does not line up with scripture. Help! Thank you all.

John 6:27-29  Labour not for the meat which perisheth [or works of the flesh which do not SPIRITUALLY make one whole], but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life [conversion of mind & heart; seeking after the Kingdom], which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Roy Coates

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 01:53:53 AM »

Marques nice work

F@lgn0n

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 06:31:53 AM »

So technically, you are seeking a super carnal display of the flesh.

LOL - Been there, done that ....  ::)

Coryd - there is at least ONE promise of God that you can unequivocally count on:

Isa 46:10 
"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: "

Peace.

F@lgn0n

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 06:37:25 AM »

(ps)

Please don't be discouraged.

I also have wrestled endlessly with the issue of not knowing where I stand exactly, or what to do next, or what to ask God, or to "trust Him for" ...
I was taught in Babylon to "excercise my faith" and "stand" on the promises of God, and "believe God for my miracle".
For a veeery long time I just could not get my head around this idea that we TRUST GOD - No matter WHAT THE OUTCOME! We ask Him to help people, we ask Him to heal people, we ask Him to deliver people from demonic oppression or influence, but WE TRUST HIM FOR THE OUTCOME - WHATEVER THAT MAY BE.

Here is the lesson I started learning BEFORE I finally left Babylon - in fact, it was a KEY THING that brought about my decision to eventually leave:

Job 13:15  Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him

Peace.

onelovedread

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »

Hi coryd123
I have had what I believe to be a super natural encounter with GOD? Actually two.
Firstly, just as you described, I believe the spirit of GOD dragged us and personally, me to Ray's Site. The first time I read the emails from others to him, and his replies,  I thought he was deluded and in gross error. Then miraculously I was drawn there again and it was as if scales fell off of my eyes. I then started studying many of his articles and rejoiced in the liberating truth.
When I shared that in my introduction to this forum, other members expressed that they had similar experiences. To me that's pretty miraculous, since I was "christened" as a Catholic, then moved to evangelical fellowships in my earlier adulthood. So you know how messed up I was with firstly the catechism and then all the stuff that most "Christians" believe such as everlasting torture in hell for unbelievers, the trinity, etc.
But secondly, I had a physical experience which I believe is a super natural encounter with GOD. It happened a few years ago. I awoke one Thanksgiving morning with severe vertigo. The slightest movement would cause me to become extremely dizzy and nauseous. I suffered for almost 2 weeks and found a way to cope with much discomfort. Then one Tuesday evening I went early to a prayer meeting in Brooklyn, NY. About an hour before the start, I was up at the front of the chapel with other believers. I was standing there reflecting on the scene in Revelation 5. And I remember just praising God and saying "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" I was filled with a desire to praise and worship God, and with my eyes closed I raised my hands and just started thanking and praising Him. All of a sudden I heard a loud popping sound. It sounded somewhat like the popping of a champagne cork. And instantly I knew my vertigo was gone. I shook my head vigorously, made sudden turns which would have brought on the dizziness, and there was no more discomfort. I was perfectly fine, and all I could do was to thank God for that miraculous healing. Since then, I have shared that experience with many fellow believers.
I do not know if my fellow members on this forum would agree that this was supernatural, but I have to say that I am convinced it was. And since then that condition has never returned. I think that God is omniscient, but He has His purposes and plans. So if there is no miraculous sign from Him, that's cool with me. I just want to know Him more and to be counted worthy. I have the utmost confidence in His wisdom and none in my self without His spiritual empowerment. But He can do all, He operates all and He is all powerful and wise.
I hope that helps answer some of your question
Onelovedread

Kat

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »

Hi Coryd,

Here is an email on this subject.

http://bible-truths.com/email10.htm#miracles -------------

Hello Ray,

I have three questions:

I would like to know what you believe scripture to say on the subject of healing for today.

Do you think we are able to do the same miracles as Jesus? If so, why do we not see this more often?

The scripture in John 14: 13, 14.  Why don't our petitions get answered like Jesus said?
Thank you for your time,

Cindy

[Ray Replies]

Dear Cindy:

Many assume that the statements that Jesus made to his eleven apostles on the evening of His arrest, were a blanket statement to all believers to follow, for all time. This is not so.

Jesus did do many miracles through His apostles after His death and resurrection. He promised them the gift of the Holy Spirit (Comforter), which would give them faith and power to spread His gospel message.

This came true fifty days later on the Day of Pentecost. The apostles were given the gift of tongues so that they could even speak in foreign languages which none of them had ever studied. They were able to heal the sick. And they even RAISED THE DEAD. Peter and Paul both RAISED THE DEAD.

These special miracle gifts did not follow all generations of the church. Even later in the ministry of the apostles, God began to withdraw these gifts. No one was raised from the dead in their later ministry. Paul said that "tongues would cease" in I Cor. 13. Only "faith, hope [expectation] and charity [love]" were to "NOW remain...."  Some of Paul best friends and servants in spreading the gospel were sick and not healed. Paul told his dear friend Timothy, to "take a little wine for thy stomach's sake, and thine OFT [MANY] INFIRMITIES. God did NOT heal them. Do we think that Paul did not even ask?

Many in the charismatic church try to make a carnival exhibition of such gifts, but I am afraid all they do is deceive.

However, with that said, does God no longer perform miracles or healings? Yes, He does. I have seen and experienced them. Does He always heal? Does He always alleviate our problems and trials? NO. Why should we pray for God to TAKE AWAY all the things that are absolutely NECESSARY FOR OUR FAITH AND PERFECTION?

Don't neglect to ask God for EVERYTHING you feel you should have. But don't be disappointed if God allows you to CONTINUE IN YOUR TRIALS. Sometimes He removes certain trials after a period of time. We do not know when and how or even if God will do this that or the other thing, so we keep praying.  I ask for STRENGTH AND FAITH to face my trials and OVERCOME my flesh. I no longer pray for God to make me HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND WISE, with absolutely no price to pay for such privileges.

This site is an answer to prayer. My understanding of the Scriptures is an answer to prayer. Everything I have is an answer to prayer. I pray for others and many times, GOD ANSWERS MY PRAYERS! But I do NOT always heal the sick through my prayers, I do not make people wealthy through my prayers, and I have NEVER raised the dead through my prayers. So don't stop praying!! And ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, thank God for all that you have.

And then, don't WORRY about anything. Phil. 4:6 is a terrible translation in the KJV. Instead of "Be careful in nothing..." it should read:

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING..."

God be with you,

Ray

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 07:46:23 PM »

Amen.

Ricky

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 12:17:31 AM »

Hi, I am a bit confused on something, maybe the mods. can help out with this. I am very happy for anyone that believers they have had a healing from God. Onelovedread was in a chaple when this event happened. My question is how does this event fit with Rev.18. 4 and it sounds like the Lord does dwell in some churches hmmm, maybe I should start checking out a few.
          Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.