bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kool proud study right into Gods mercy  (Read 5816 times)

Daniel

Kool proud study right into Gods mercy
« on: June 20, 2006, 01:54:01 PM »

I was starting a study in pride, etc and it took a turn as I was looking. I was really blessed by it. I hope you are as well.

What is "The Fear of the Lord"?

Prov 8:13 The fear of the LORD IS "to hate evil": pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

That "high mountain".. "Pride before a fall"

1Titus 2:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

Isaiah 13:11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Every mountain made low, as only He can do.

Job 40:12 Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.

Psalm 119:21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.

Prov 28:25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.

Prov 21:4 An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.

Mal 3:15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up :idea:  yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it :o  and a "book of remembrance" was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.  :wink:

Thats beautiful... this is worded very interestingly, knowing God spared not His only Son but will AS A MAN spare here.

Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, AS A MAN spareth his own son that serveth him.

This is where it gets even more interesting

Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern "between" the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not. :idea:

Notice how these are "worded"

Psalm 37:21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.

Remember the "O wicked servant" (who borroweth mercy?) I forgave you because thou desirest me. (But payeth not again) ought you have not forgiven your fellowservant their tresspasses?

Wicked and unmerciful are directly linked. Above is a picture of robbery in that regard (its HIS mercy he has on us and He desires us to "give it to others" freely without gruding one another)

Prov 21:7 The robbery of the wicked shall destroy them; because they refuse to do judgment.

Whats true Judgment?

Zech 7:9 Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:

Forgive us AS we forgive others their tresspasses

James 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Sounds like...

Mathew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Mathew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. :D

See the "lending" and "borrowing" and "giving"?

Psalm 37:26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.

Romans 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Prov 11:17 The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth "his own flesh"  :wink:

Gods ways are so fair and just!

Truly blessed are the merciful and not the prideful (who He can indeed humble :wink: )

Peace

Daniel

mercie

Re: Kool proud study right into Gods mercy
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 02:10:23 PM »

Quote from: Daniel
I was starting a study in pride, etc and it took a turn as I was looking. I was really blessed by it. I hope you are as well.

What is "The Fear of the Lord"?

Prov 8:13 The fear of the LORD IS "to hate evil": pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

That "high mountain".. "Pride before a fall"

1Titus 2:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

Isaiah 13:11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Every mountain made low, as only He can do.

Job 40:12 Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.

Psalm 119:21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.

Prov 28:25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.

Prov 21:4 An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.

Mal 3:15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up :idea:  yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it :o  and a "book of remembrance" was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.  :wink:

Thats beautiful... this is worded very interestingly, knowing God spared not His only Son but will AS A MAN spare here.

Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, AS A MAN spareth his own son that serveth him.

This is where it gets even more interesting

Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern "between" the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not. :idea:

Notice how these are "worded"

Psalm 37:21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.

Remember the "O wicked servant" (who borroweth mercy?) I forgave you because thou desirest me. (But payeth not again) ought you have not forgiven your fellowservant their tresspasses?

Wicked and unmerciful are directly linked. Above is a picture of robbery in that regard (its HIS mercy he has on us and He desires us to "give it to others" freely without gruding one another)

Prov 21:7 The robbery of the wicked shall destroy them; because they refuse to do judgment.

Whats true Judgment?

Zech 7:9 Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:

Forgive us AS we forgive others their tresspasses

James 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Sounds like...

Mathew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Mathew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. :D

See the "lending" and "borrowing" and "giving"?

Psalm 37:26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.

Romans 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Prov 11:17 The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth "his own flesh"  :wink:

Gods ways are so fair and just!

Truly blessed are the merciful and not the prideful (who He can indeed humble :wink: )

Peace

Daniel

Amen Daniel.

Fear of the Lord is to hate Evil  :- Pride and Arrogance

The High Look look .

Job 40:12 Look on every one [that is] proud, [and] bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.

Pro 6:16 These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:  

Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,  

Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,  

Pro 6:19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Psa 101:5 Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.

Pro 21:4 An high look, and a proud heart, [and] the plowing of the wicked, [is] sin.  

Pro 11:2 [When] pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly [is] wisdom.

Pro 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised [is] wisdom.

Pro 14:3 In the mouth of the foolish [is] a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

love_magnified

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 02:16:01 PM »

Great post Daniel. God is so balanced. And he is also so much better than those who revile him.

mercie

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 02:18:12 PM »

God is so balanced. And he is also so much better than those who revile him.
Amen L.M.

orion77

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 04:45:48 PM »

Amen, Daniel.

Very well put into words and a good study.  We must repay, in the same way, He has shown mercy and forgiveness to us.  

God bless,

Gary

Daniel

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 06:43:42 PM »

Praise the Lord Love_Magnified, Mercie, and Gary. He sure is good. God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble Amen? :wink:

I was going to add more here as I found it

2Thes 1:8 flaming fire taking vengeance" "on them" that know not God, and that obey not "the gospel" of our Lord Jesus Christ

Its the ones walking in hate towards ones brother, its these not obeying the gospel of Christ that "knoweth not God" though they would say I love God, but are to the contrary them.

1John 4:8 He "that loveth not" knoweth not God; for God is love.

1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life (to know God) abiding in him.

Unmerciful and hateful, the servant that was indeed forgiven is "this same servant" who "became" the wicked servant on the basis of being unmerciful to his fellowservant. A payment needed to be made in the picture (FEAR, a little of the "beginning of wisdom" here) as this testifies of a few places of Gods doing, "until" He was satisfied. But this is so interesting just look at Gods dealings is after ones own ways and here and now.

Isaiah 65:6 Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom

Romans 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Prov 11:31 Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.

Gal 5:10...he that troubleth you "shall" bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

2Titus 1:6 Seeing it is a "righteous thing with God" to recompense tribulation "to them" that trouble you;

2 Titus 3:2 that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. (Faith worketh by love)

Ecc 8:5 Whoso "keepeth the commandment"shall feel no evil thing :idea:  and a wise man's heart "discerneth" both time and judgment.

On one side of tribulation one would feel anguish the otherside exceeding joy.

2Cr 10:4 Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.  :D

Prov 11:17 The merciful man "doeth good" to his own soul: but he that is cruel "troubleth his own flesh." :shock:

Ezekiel 22:31 Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads :idea:  saith the Lord GOD.

Psalm 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day :lol:  

Mathew 12:7 But if ye had known "what this meaneth", I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. :!:  

Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

The wise take "oil" in their vessels, what they receive of the Lord (His mercy) they give (or payeth) His mercy out to other. Thats why the "robbery" of the wicked destroys only themselves in this way. It says, "they borrow" and "payeth not again". Simply walking in the truth shewing mercy and "doing" true judgment. Scriptures show their lamps are "put out" (darkened). Again showing he who hateth his brother walks in this darkness. He don't know where he is going because darkness has blinded his eyes. Through wrath (Gods anger) the land is "simply darkened" it makes beautiful sense. God is just for that is the Judgment of Christ. In His light we SEE light. Its the "entrance" (I stand at the door and knock) of His words which giveth light. Receiving His words in ourselves (finding a place in us) to walk in truth and mercy toward others (the kindness shown toward His name). Being rich toward God is in doing these very things.

Mathew 25:4  But the wise took oil in "their vessels" with their lamps.

Prov 21:20 There is treasure to be desired and oil "in the dwelling" of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

Prov 13:9 The light of the righteous rejoiceth: but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.

Mathew 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, "Give us of your oil"; for our lamps are gone out.  

Sowing and reaping effect, being filled or emptied out. Everywhere I look I see Gods mercy and our giving it just about everywhere.

Not only this but the parable of the rich man opens up moreso and makes greater sense in accordance with these things.

Our God is GOOD and His ways are JUST, He's got it all in His hands thats for sure :D

Peace

Daniel

orion77

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

Amen, Daniel.

God has brought things I have done or spoken in the past, full circle to my face, heaped upon like coals of fire, to show and teach through not just His word, but through experience the right and wrong way to treat our fellow brethren and sisters.  Those scriptures quoted are so true, amazing, good study on your part.  Very clear to see and understand.

God will make sure, we come fully out of darkness and into His glorious Light.  It's when we mix a little darkness with the light, comes the chastening grace, to teach us a lesson.  A lesson, in which this whole life He gave us is purposed for, to be created in His image.  Gods ways are amazing, we are not created in this image, by fiat, but through fiery trials and tribulations, lessons not soon forgotten.  A wise, intelligent, merciful God we worship.

God bless,

Gary

mercie

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 07:57:02 PM »

God has brought things I have done or spoken in the past, full circle to my face, heaped upon like coals of fire, to show and teach through not just His word, but through experience the right and wrong way to treat our fellow brethren and sisters
 :D

Daniel

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 08:43:41 PM »

Amen Gary and Mercie :D

I've spent some time "tormented" by a "flame" my "own tongue"  :shock:  If we only knew it is "This flame" we were torment in (our own words). Like the "mouth of the grave" :lol:

I understand the need for a "bridle" now :lol:

Peace

Daniel

orion77

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 08:55:42 PM »

Perhaps a double bridle:

(Job 41:13)  Who can take off the face of his covering; who can come with his double bridle?

Very interesting chapter, here in Job.

The pride in us is incapable of mercy, leviathon, a terrible beast, yet there is One who can destroy him.  Thank God for His power and truth!!

God bless,

Gary

JesusOnly

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 09:17:53 PM »

Amen.  Everyone has shared a good word or two in this thread.  One thing, though, that really captured my attention is what Dan quoted...

"God resists the proud.."

Man alive....  I don't know about ya all, but this strikes close to home at times...for how many times, have I judged others out of my own pride...even if I quoted scripture...to only find out that God, the true judge..RESISTS my judgement.  Good word Daniel... and a humbling one too.

Praise the name of the one and only true judge of heaven and earth.

orion77

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 10:55:00 PM »

Quote from: JesusOnly
Amen.  Everyone has shared a good word or two in this thread.  One thing, though, that really captured my attention is what Dan quoted...

"God resists the proud.."

Man alive....  I don't know about ya all, but this strikes close to home at times...for how many times, have I judged others out of my own pride...even if I quoted scripture...to only find out that God, the true judge..RESISTS my judgement.  Good word Daniel... and a humbling one too.

Praise the name of the one and only true judge of heaven and earth.

I hear ya, done the Dew, been there done that.  It is amazing how God made us weak, knowing we would sin, yet sent His son to declare Himself to us, to have mercy and forgive.  To fullfill the law and bring freedom to the captives, praise His Holy name.  So, whats the purpose?

God knowing full well, His name would be blasphemed, falsely accused and thought all manner of evil about.  When He calls us out of the darkness and into the light, what happens to us?  Are we not hated by all men for His names sake?  Why?  As He was in the world, so shall we.  Now, we see through these trials and tribulations and persecutions, just exactly what God goes through and seeing how He forgave us, now we must forgive them, also.  There is no other way, we must or He will not forgive us.  The revelation of Christ in each of our lives is eternal life, this is how we get to know Him.

Did not mean to get off topic, forgive me.  :lol:

God bless,

Gary

JesusOnly

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 11:13:41 PM »

No...that was a good word Gary.  I appreciated your words.

One person challenged me quite drastically one time about fogiving.  This had to do with blashemy against the holy spirit.

His pov was that blashemy of the holy spirit was a FOREVER thing..meaning that there is NEVER forgiveness..thus supporting his worldview (epistemology/eschatology) that God will damn forever them that are knowingly rejectors of truth.

I pointed out that aionion/aion/etc in that part of scripture was time during...so not eternal.  Then I pointed out that it does not make sense that the Father says that he will NEVER forgive us unless we forgive.  Now..that is quite perplexing.  Go figure. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.