bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ABSTINENCE  (Read 7940 times)

coryd123

ABSTINENCE
« on: February 20, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »

Hello fellow brethren, I know this may be somewhat funny or maybe a weird discussion. I just wondering if there are any males that have been abstinent for a long time and then there private area aches because mine have ached for about 2 weeks and Im hoping that the pain will go away or GOD blesses me with a wife. LOL just playing about the wife, just trying to be comforted and cope with the pain. Thank you

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: ABSTINENCE
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:27:56 AM »

I'm a virgin still. . . sometimes I have aches, but usually it's from climbing over a fence, or getting hit in the groin when I'm wrestling with kids.  :D

Samson

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:10:11 PM »

Hello fellow brethren, I know this may be somewhat funny or maybe a weird discussion. I just wondering if there are any males that have been abstinent for a long time and then there private area aches because mine have ached for about 2 weeks and Im hoping that the pain will go away or GOD blesses me with a wife. LOL just playing about the wife, just trying to be comforted and cope with the pain. Thank you

Hi Coryd,

I certainly don't envy your circumstances and I'm glad in this area that I'm not in my twenties or thirties for that matter. I remember being celibate(not by my desire) from 1997-2001 & 2003-2005), not a pleasant experience for me, but under those circumstances, I was probably better off. I remember an Old Friend years ago stating that: " If God would have made anything better, He would have kept it for Himself." And he was right. I guess there are some Males and Females too, that don't have as much of a desire for relations with the opposite Sex, I'm not one of them,  ;D. My Wife recommended that you take an ice cold Bath, but I don't think it would work, at least, not for me;  ;). God bless you for your patience in that area. Anyway, I pray that God finds you a good Wife, in that's what you desire, there hard to come by and probably good Men, for that matter.

As a side note, as our resident comedian Musicman once stated in a Post: Sex is a MISDEMEANER, The less I get Sex, DE MEANER I GET.  ;D

Carry On, Samson.

musicman

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »

That's, the more I "miss" da meaner I get.

Be careful with that abstenance.  Afterall, the scripture tells us to celebrate.

frecklegirl417

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:34:22 AM »

Be careful with that abstenance.  Afterall, the scripture tells us to celebrate.

Samson got a little excited there.... he meant the more he miss da meaner he get... he don't miss much so he not mean!!! ;D
 Listen to the Musicman.... be careful with that abstenance.

If abstenance is what you feel is right for by all means do it.. don't let anyone change your mind. The pain will go away in time. If there is a woman out there meant to be your wife you will find her when you are not looking for her. All kidding aside, you will know when it is right and when it is not. God will answer on his time not ours. Sometimes he wants us to learn patience and to follow our hearts not our carnal thoughts.

Your sister in Christ,
                                                                    Pam

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:39:44 AM by frecklegirl417 »

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 08:59:44 AM »

Over three years ago I was going to a church that I had never been to. It was an outreach of the one I had been going to. It never came up in my mind to go there, but a voice inside me said, go there tonight. On my way, I said, God I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm having trouble seeking you with all my heart because I want a woman so badly. You said its not good for man to be alone so why do I not have a woman? I want to seek you with all my heart, but I can't. You know my heart, you know where I am. I've never asked you this before, and don't know that its right that I do, but I'm just being honest. I need a woman.
  I saw a woman in the church that night. God shined a light on her so I would notice her. I didn't meet her that night, or the next. I saw her at the main church a few days later, introduced myself and married her 9 days later. That was almost 4 years ago and we grow in our love for each other daily.
 We both know God put us together. Talk about a boost in faith.
 I know God was laughing when I said that prayer as He knew what was waiting for me and her.

Roy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:17:34 AM by Roy Martin »

coryd123

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 02:30:42 PM »

Be careful with that abstinence.  Afterall, the scripture tells us to celebrate.

I'm kind of confused. What do you all mean by be careful with abstinence???

Samson

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »

Be careful with that abstinence.  Afterall, the scripture tells us to celebrate.

I'm kind of confused. What do you all mean by be careful with abstinence???

Sorry Coryd123,

Some of us got alittle humorous about your concern, regarding the above, they were only joking with you. Don't take Musicman and Longhorn too seriously, they are the resident Forum jokesters, but they mean well, they seem to be good guys.  :)

On a more serious note, as Ray has stated in some of His Emails, God created Testosterone and it maxes out( the production of it) between 16-26 years of age and some produce more than others. Only God can provide a cause to remove your desire for relations and decrease your thinking about it. However, What can you do ? Remove anything from eyesight that stimulates that desire, easier said than done. Someone on this thread mentioned the Medical aspect of this and suggested seeing a Doctor, if there's physical pain involved, I second that suggestion. Are you on any medications that might affect that area. I once worked with a patient who had a perpetual erection for three weeks and they found that the medication was the cause that led to that result. This patient was incapable of verbalizing this, but acted as if he was in alot of pain. It's possible that you might have a blockage.

Sorry if my comments offended you, Samson.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 03:36:29 PM »

Some things you just have to suffer through Cory.  There have been some good comments here.  Between my late teens well into my late thirties lust was a major issue for me and even now pushing 50 I still deal with the thoughts and desires although fortunately as you get a little older things start to simmer down in that area.  We live in a highly sexually charged society and it's intimated that if we don't jump right in with the world then there is something wrong with us.  God never said it would be easy only that his grace is sufficient for us.  As far as 'pain' in that area go's I would never recommend that someone masturbate, but every male that is born has to deal with this issue.  Some are more successful than others in resisting this.  If it's real physical pain for some reason then I agree to have a doctor or urologist check you out.  If a man is unable to contain himself then he probably should marry but you know as well as I do that any marriage built upon physical aspects are doomed to eventually fail.  God will bring the right lady around in time if it's his will to do so but you have to remember that his timing is quite often not our timing.  God be with you but know this....your not experiencing anything that millions of men before you have not had to endure in one form or another.  It does get easier as you grow older but that isn't much comfort for you now.  It just is what it is.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 03:37:42 PM by Arion »

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 03:45:42 PM »

Coryd123,

You are in a tough place right now, nearly all men here can associate with your feelings.  Unfortunately we can't give you a good answer, because we've probably not found one.

When I was 16 years old the urges really kicked in, I remember praying nearly every night for God to give me a good girl and wife.  I prayed this for nearly 8 years, with no answers.  I did all I could to meet the right girl, went to church, outside functions, etc,etc. but could never find the right person.  

Was God not listening?  Of course not.  When I was 16 and praying my prayer, my wife was 11 years old.  When I graduated high school, my wife was finishing 8th grade, when I was 20 my wife was an 11th grader.  When I joined the military at 22 and moved away my wife was just graduating.  At 24 I was much more mature and I was supporting myself, and my wife was finishing her 2 year college degree.  Guess what?  God then let us meet and we were married shortly thereafter.

Don't think that God is not answering your prayers, in His time things will work out for you.  Do you know how hard it is to bring two lives together to become one?  There is alot of work on God's end, but He will come through and in perfect timing :)

Craig

rapjim

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 01:44:50 PM »

Hello. I have practiced medicine for 35 years. Your problem is due to a continued production of ejaculate and creates pressure like pain. The remedy is to sit in a hot tub
for a   half hour or so once or twice a week. ( not cold !)   ( Same remedy for prostate symptoms )

Like one respondent said, " it will cease after a while." But, that depends upon your age.
If you are young, it will be a continuing problem.  A doctor will tell you one thing, most of the time. Quit being abstinent. Apparently that is not an option, so better go buy a hot tub.

jim rap

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »

ABSTINENCE makes the heart grow fonder.

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »

ABSTINENCE makes the heart grow fonder.

yes it does.......
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.