bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omnipotents of God  (Read 4614 times)

gallenwalsh

Omnipotents of God
« on: February 20, 2010, 03:35:48 PM »

Is god everywhere at once ? Always wondered about that one . Is the holy spirit Christ ? I know of one scripture that says our fellowship is with the lord.

aqrinc

Re: Omnipotents of God
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 04:20:55 PM »

Is god everywhere at once ? Always wondered about that one . Is the holy spirit Christ ? I know of one scripture that says our fellowship is with the lord.

Stop me if i am misunderstanding your meaning; but i think your question pertains to omniscience.

Act 17:23-28 (MKJV)
23  For as I passed by and saw the things you worship, I also found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Not knowing then whom you worship, I make Him known to you.

24  The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of Heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands,

25  nor is served with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives life and breath and all things to all.

26  And He has made all nations of men of one blood to dwell on all the face of the earth, ordaining fore-appointed seasons and boundaries of their dwelling,
27  to seek the Lord, if perhaps they might feel after Him and find Him, though indeed He is not far from each one of us.

28  For in Him we live and move and have our being,(Everywhere? YES) as also certain of your own poets have said, For we are also His offspring.

george :).

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 06:08:28 PM by aqr »

Kat

Re: Omnipotents of God
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 05:01:19 PM »

Hi gallenwalsh,

Is the holy spirit Christ ?

Here are a couple of places where Ray answers this question.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html -----------

"There is ONE GOD" (I Cor.8:5); "God is SPIRIT" (John 6:24);

"by ONE SPIRIT  baptized into one body" (I Co. 12:13);

"But he that is joined unto the Lord IS ONE SPIRIT" (I Cor. 6:17); "I and My Father are ONE" (John 10:30)

"There is ONE BODY, and ONE SPIRIT, even as ye are called in ONE HOPE, of your calling; ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM, ONE GOD AND FATHER OF ALL, Who is ABOVE ALL, and THROUGH ALL, and IN YOU ALL" (Eph. 4:4-6).
v
So what is it about Jesus and His Father, that make them one?
They are one Spirit, it’s the same spirit and it’s the same spirit of perfection wisdom and knowledge, love and power.  Same Spirit! 
How could they both have that and not be God?  But there is only one Spirit. 
v
Jesus Christ and God the Father ARE the Holy Spirit!  Jesus Christ is that Spirit! 

John 16:7  “… I will send him(the Comforter) to you.” v. 15  “… He shall take of Mine, and shall show it unto you.”

What is He going to take of Christ?  His Spirit.  Where did Christ get that Spirit?  From God the Father.  But He is going to take of Christ, because it’s going to be the personality of Christ, see.  Paul didn’t say, I’m crucified with God, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but the FATHER lives in me.  No, it’s,  “I have been crucified with CHRIST, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but CHRIST lives in me.” (Gal 2:20)

But see it’s the personality of Christ, that is the spirit that lives in us.  And that spirit comes from God.  So we can call it God’s Holy Spirit, even though it’s channeled through Christ.  Jehovah /Elohim, God the Father(Elohim), you know.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4995.0.html ---------

QUESTION:  THerefore SInce the "SPIRIT" (holy spirit) is THE LORD(the father), the father must be the spirit.

COMMENT:  The "Spirit" is the possession of God the Father--it is "The Spirit OF God."  However, God has given His Son Jesus Christ this SAME spirit. God has shared ALL with His Son: "ALL power in heaven and earth is given Me" (Matt. 28:18).  Jesus takes of the Spirit His Father has given Him and gives it to US (John 16:15).  The "Comforter" (the "parakletos) IS JESUS.  "And if any man sin, we have an Advocate [Gk: 'parakletos] with the Father, JESUS CHRIST the righteous" (I John 2:1). Jesus Christ IS, the Lord of the Old Testament; the Lord of the New Testament, the Comforter (Parakletos), which is the promised Holy Spirit, which comes to us through JESUS CHRIST, and so "The Lord is that SPIRIT."

God be with you,
    Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.