bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tsunamis  (Read 2830 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Tsunamis
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:34:42 AM »

Jer 5:22  Do you not fear Me? says the Lord. Will you not tremble at My presence, I who have placed the sand for the boundary of the sea by a never-ending decree, so that it cannot pass it? And though they toss themselves, yet they cannot prevail; though its waves roar, yet they cannot pass over it?

Tsunamis do pass over. New Orleans is an example.

Scripture is not literal, worldly, physical or applicable to human beliefs and standards.

Mat 16:17  Jesus answered and said to him, You are blessed, Simon, son of Jonah, for flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father in Heaven.
Mat 16:18  And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Arc

Marlene

Re: Tsunamis
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:55:25 PM »

Arc, This is so true. It is not literal or worldy. It can not be understood by man who has not been given ears to hear and eyes to see.

The world who is lost will see the day of the Lord and they will fear and tremble. It is not a pretty sight when the day of the Lord comes. But, it is the begining for them. They will have to endure just like we have to.  It will seem like the worse time of there live.

But, then the God of Light will shine through and they will see the God of love who calms  the sea. The God who can only bring peace in times of troubles.

I know for me The day of the Lord has come. It was a day of darkness. You see him and fear him. You do not understand what he is doing when you believe he is a God who tortures you.  You torture yourself by believing it. Thats, why we see all the blame games and war in the world. Because the Day of the Lord has not come to them. So, they fear not. Fear is the start of knowledge.

These verses are what comes to my mind.
Hosea Chapter 4 verse 6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowlege, because thou has rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shall be no priest to me; seeing that thou shall be no priest to me; seeing thou hast forgotten the law of they God, I will also forget thy children.

Hosea 6 :6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowlege of God more then burnt offerings.

The God of Light  comes and shows us that he desires mercy. Then he will give us understanding and peace.  He will give us his grace and we will be able to obey him. The whole world mostly serves other Gods. I was doing that till God showed me you are nothing without me and stop trying to earn your own salvation.  Pure Grace is Perfect. You know longer have to look back to self. We are free of the law God who gives us nothing but fear. Which is really us saying we can obey law without  Gods Grace.

I use to be of the world and now I see.  We may have to take a beating. But, he is greater then we are. If, we would believe that we would fear. Right, before finding Ray's website the day of the Lord came to me. I was wondering around in the dark so fearful.  But, then God shows us he is not the god of the night. But, the God of the Light.It is a process to endure. But, he sheds his full understanding to us in his time. Without it we are lost in the dark and have no understanding. It is he who leads us to repent and it is him who saves us. We are saved from ourselves. We are our own enemy. The world cannot see.

Those are great verses Arc. Thanks for sharing this. Our Beast will not prevail against God and neither will hell. What , great peace in a troubled world.Blessing beyond measure when we are given understanding.

In His Love,
Marlene

In His Love,
Marlene

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.