bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Testimony  (Read 3949 times)

believerchrist100

A Testimony
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:32:07 PM »

Well like I said, I was raised Roman Catholic and they....let me put it this way:

"they bind together burdens heavy and grievous to be borne, and lay upon the shoulders of men, but with their finger they will not move them" (Matthew 23:4; YLT).

They had so many rules and days like going to Mass every Sunday (believe me, I regret the time I ever spent), keeping the Holy Days of Obligation, fasting, confessing your sins to a priest to be forgiven, and so many more. They made me believe that they could actually turn bread and wine into  the body and blood of Jesus. Looking back, all of those were no benefit. So anyway, I looked for relief on the internet and the Protestants unfortunately were no more help because they had rules like being water baptized, tithing, and others. Of course, they had something in common: Both Catholics and Protestants believed that if you failed to "come to Jesus" of your own "free will" (How can you come to someone you have never heard of?) and keep strict commandments, you would be tortured in a literal fire for all eternity. Imagine that, Jesus tells to "turn the other cheek" and God is going to torture his enemies (99% of all of humanity) forever and ever. I can't believe I ever bought that as "the good news of great joy, that shall be to all the people". I then found a couple of Christian Universalism  sites who told me that God would reconcile all of mankind through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and then I was brought here.

While Ray's blunt and sarcastic tone in his writings threw me off at first, I came around to discover the real meaning behind his writings and teachings. Ever since coming to terms with these teachings, I have found some comfort and not fearing of being tortured in hell for all eternity or any of the people I care about being tortured for all eternity. Unfortunately, it can be lonely sometimes since I feel like I am the only one in my area (especially of my age group) who have discovered these teachings. I don't think they would if I told them  because "because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor understand". Even in my family, I am the only one who knows or even cares about it. Although my family claims to be Roman Catholic, they are more of the Unitarian "it doesn't matter what you believe as long as you are a good person" despite the fact Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one doth come unto the Father, if not through me". My only mother said that when we discussed this that only bad people are going to be tormented and I can see I will definitely suffer persecution when the time comes for the truth to come fully out into the light. I have not discussed this much with them for I feel they are way spiritually immature. So while they may never know what discovering this has done for me, I can certainly say it has done a lot and I may still have a long way to go, but it's good to start now.

I know this sounds wordy, but point blank: I am just so grateful to God for leading me to this sight. Now I feel like while the world is in a real state of chaos, God is in control and not man, which I wouldn't want it any other way. Also, I want to say how grateful I am to find those of a like mind and it certainly feels a bit less lonely even though I have never met any of you in person (God willing, hopefully someday that won't be true).

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:34:18 PM by Patrick H. »

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: A Testimony
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:14:04 PM »

That is why this forum is so precious and why it exists.  I am the only one I know of in my circle of influence that dares to believe that in the fullness of times that God will indeed save and redeem all his creation.  The truths that we are taught here will be rejected by the many and will be unveiled to the few as God opens the eyes.  I'm glad that we have this fellowship one with another. 

Kat

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for sharing you testimony of how you came to the truth. This forum has been a wonderful place to fellowship and learn more about the truth for me. We (believers) are scathered, few and far between, but this internet has easy access for most, so that we can communicate with like minded people all around the world. I think it is amazing how God has provided this forum for us, it really is the best way to fellowship, someone is usually here at all times of the day or night.

We all want to share these wonderful profound truths with people we know when we start learning about them. But that usually is not to be, far to often we get to experience this verse.

Mat 7:6  "Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot and turn to attack you.

I do believe we are one of a very few that are shown these truths and it is for us to learn how to live these truths in our lives, that is our witness. Sometimes those in our family or friends will have their eyes opened, but not because we determined it to be, only when God does.

Now as you were talking about the years you spent in church, we all have our stories, but actually it is a necessary experience we all must endure. It is our first love of Christ, but I think we actually lose site of Him pretty quickly while there. Also if you had not experienced and been deceived by all that the church represents (it's different from church to church, but ultimately it's all the same, belief in a heretical religious system), then you could never fully understand or sympathizes with those that are in the churches. I think that is part of the darkness we must experience before we are brought to the light/truth. So don't think you wasted all that time in the church, you were learning a very valuable lesson. There are many hard (but necessary) lessons we have to learn in life. This process of coming to the truth is not fast or easy, but it's the best way that God determines for each of us to learn what we need to know.

I hope you will continue to fellowship with us, we really need the encouragement that we receive from one another.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:00:30 AM by Kat »

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:20:22 PM »

Hi Patrick,

Thinks for sharing! What is amazing to me about your testimony and so many others shared here on the BTF is that even though they all share similarities, they are uniquely designed to each of us. I couldn't agree more with what Kat said about us needing to continue to share our experiences and encouragement with each other. Who else is gonna listen to us? The local church? Nope. Our so called friends or neighbors? Maybe for a little while but most of'em will write us off as dodo's sooner or later. So, we definitely need each other as much as we need nourishment for our bodies we need it also for our spiritual well being.
Stacey

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 04:17:06 AM »

Hello Patrick!

Welcome to what I like to call Life After Babylon [aka "the L.A.B."]

Now I feel like while the world is in a real state of chaos, God is in control and not man, which I wouldn't want it any other way.

Remember that always! The road you are now on is the one much less traveled... Some days it will be harder to believe than others... but don't forget it.

Christopher  8)

believerchrist100

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 06:38:07 PM »

Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate the support here especially since right now, I don't have anyone in my house who will understand the truths. My family calls Ray a "cult" (big surprise there) and to them, there is no truth and although they're Catholic in name, their philosophies are like Unitarian Universalists. They are calling me intolerant and wan me to find more sources (like the Bible isn't good enough for them and why don't they study it themselves without those Babylonian blinders on them).

Honestly I am now definitely beginning to see the truth of the verse:

"Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12).

I knew I would have to if I wanted to live godly, but I never thought it would be so soon (but of course a good thing is that God's hand is in everything and not just man's). I can certainly see that speaking of the Bible with authority is not welcome here and I definitely do appreciate the support that I know I have on the site.

Kat, now that I look at it, I don't regret the years I spent in Babylon because I needed to be out of the world in there before I could be called out of the shadow.

I am glad to have an expectation of the day when God is "all in all".

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »

Hello Patrick,

You are definitely in for the ride of your life. Every since I've been studying Ray's papers, the pull to live a righteous life has haunted me all the more. I can't stop thinking about the truths of God and being a representative of the true gospel of Christ. I can relate to you wanting to share these truths with everyone you know, especially your family, only for them to preach to you the scriptures like "study to show thyself approved rightly dividing the word...." and "lean not to your own understanding..." as if you are the one who's mislead.

I must say that God is teaching me to receive and speak these truths with a spirit of meekness in  hopes that God will open the minds of those who are blinded. {2 Tim 2:25}, {1 Peter 3:15}. God is also teaching me patience. It took over a year for me to really understand that I was His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works. I mean if I meditated more on the word everyday like I should it probably wouldn't have taken that long, but God is working all together for the good {Rom 8:28}

Right now I am really being chastised to put off the lust of the flesh and to represent these truths of God in holiness.{1 Peter 13,14} In times past I was just elated at the fact that God didn't condemn me for the things I did wrong, but now I see the importance of living righteously, though God has given us freedom from the law of sin and death. When I speak these truths the first thing my family and friends alludes to is the strongholds in my life such as smoking cigarettes. They say things like "well if you know the truth and God has shown you these things, why hasn't He delivered you from your sins?" "Do you not have the power to overcome your sins?" And even though I know they can't judge me, it stills convicts me because I know the scripture tells me I shall receive power after that the holyghost has come upon me. I believe in my heart that God has given me the power to overcome, I just have to believe it and walk in it. And I belive the circumstance that He's created with my family and friends is indication that He's ready for me to put off the lust of the flesh as well. I just feel these truths are too powerful and glorious for them to be disdained because of my personal sins .

I know I may have went off a little bit here, but I just wanted to share what's going on in my walk thus far. Ultimately I believe that God will do everything He purposed to do and I am just thankful that I'm apart of such a glorious plan. Glad to have you as apart of the forum and I look forward to rejoicing and fellowshipping with you in spirit and truth. Welcome aboard brother. ;)

In His Will,

Charles
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.