bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Today's Good Samaritan  (Read 3240 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Today's Good Samaritan
« on: February 26, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »

You Dear Lord are the Good Samaritan.  You picked us up and pay the price for us to abide in the inn of rest and sanctuary to recover from the assault of our feelings, disappointment of our expectations and let downs of our assumptions.

When You were crucified, was the debate on the justice system, the hierarchy of the religious lawyers and politicians? No. For God SO loved the world. This is what stands out 2000 years later after the Roman empire has gone and the Caesars of the world are now disguised in other worldly systems of oppression.  You  came to suffer, be betrayed, unjustly crucified and buried.  This is what has to happen to us.  

Our liberty is to learn, as You have given Ray Smith to expound, that  the beam is in THEIR eye. Not a speck but a BEAM. Only when the beam is out of our eye, then we see the beam in their eye. This is not a pretty sight that stirs up self aggrandizement or tasteless worldly pride or confidence. It inspires lowly pity and humble understanding.

Our best friends have a beam, our Father’s have a beam, our Mother’s have a beam, our worldly sisters, brothers, cousins, teachers and boss’s, staff and employees have a beam.

It is inconvenient to see the truth. It just doesn’t fit with our efforts and desires. We do not want to see it.  We cannot believe it. We have craved carnal unity, agreement, camaraderie. You have forgiven us and shall repent us of our natural instinctual need to belong somewhere to someone somehow. Pavlov made his hierarchy of human needs which are natural carnal needs.  The need to belong is very high up in the order of needs for our flesh. But YOU Lord, where did You lay your head. You had nowhere and no one mortal to whom You could turn.

I see the beam now. I see it without anger or hurt but with pity and understanding. I see it now. Loosing our friends to gain Your Love is not bitter sweet. It  is ripe and delicious. You have come and gathered us up, placing us in a cubbyhole of rest and recovery of the knowledge that You are the Best Friend that we have ever desired.  You are the Good Samaritan. You are the One who removes imperfection and replaces it with Your Spirit to know and come to comprehend, that there is nothing in the natural world of traditions, friendships or agreements that can replace the reliability of Your Spirit, the trustworthiness of Your Love and the Understanding of Your Wisdom.

I know better now how to keep a friend. As you made provision to keep the wounded person who lay in the ditch, so too can we provide provisions to keep alive those who have been left for dead. There can be no loss in knowing You and in You making us into better friends of those who are beaten up and passed over by their Priests and countrymen of tradition, pride and worldliness. Our friends are not of the world but are of Your Spirit. Of Your Spirit we are made to journey into the world without provisions but Your Spirit guiding us to journey among the lost, the fearful and the wounded, walking with large beams in their eyes and great plugs in their ears. They are a fierce, unmerciful lot of furious violence and intemperate fickle affections.

As You have done unto us, may we receive the privilege, understanding and honor to do likewise. Few lie in the ditch. Many pass on by. You paid the price for the beaten reject and left for dead person in the ditch. We are as dead, not living, peculiar not special, to them with the beam in their eye.

Arc

myms

Re: Today's Good Samaritan
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 02:36:59 PM »

I've made your prayer mine! Thank you Arc.

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 02:53:14 PM »

Wow, makes perfect sense.  Amen, to what the Spirit of God has shown you!

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 07:54:12 AM »

A very profound message in your prayer Ark.

Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.