bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BABYLON  (Read 6032 times)

geokuhns

BABYLON
« on: February 28, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »

I am trying to find any report where Ray describes who modern day Babylon is. Also his description of modern day Jerusalem. I know they're both one and the same in many respects. I've read reports on both but can't find them without using a lot of time to find them. Thanks.

bpenelli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: BABYLON
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 04:28:31 PM »

Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Samson

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 04:32:46 PM »

I am trying to find any report where Ray describes who modern day Babylon is. Also his description of modern day Jerusalem. I know they're both one and the same in many respects. I've read reports on both but can't find them without using a lot of time to find them. Thanks.

Hi George,

Below is an excerpt from Ray's Article from The Lake of Fire Series(The Depth of Satan). Read below in Blue. Babylon is Christendom which is composed of Catholicism and it's Protestant Daughters.

THE SEAT / THRONE AND DWELLING PLACE OF SATAN LOCATED

"And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified" (Rev. 11:8).

That city wherein our Lord was crucified was JERUSALEM!

"And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication" (Rev. 14:8).

This great Babylonian city is JERUSALEM, not Rome, as many theologians believe.

When Peter referred to "the church that is at Babylon" he was referring to Jerusalem, not the ancient demolished city on the Euphrates River.

The Mother Church of Judaism (called, "the Mother of Harlots") was headquartered at Jerusalem, not the ancient city of Babylon, neither Rome.

When Peter wrote his epistles from Jerusalem, he knew he was living in the city Babylon.

Jerusalem personifies, Egypt, Sodom, and Babylon. It is from Jerusalem that the depths of Satan entered the Church. Satan’s throne "is, was, and will be" in Jerusalem. I will now present one final proof.

WHO IS ANTIPAS?

"I know your works and where you DWELL, even where SATAN’S SEAT [throne] is: and you hold fast My name, and have not denied My faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr [Gk: ‘witness’], who was slain among you, WHERE SATAN DWELLS" (Rev. 2:13).

But how do we know that this is Jerusalem, and not the literal city of Pergamos to whom this message is addressed?

Because God gives us the same proof as when He tells us that,

"their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, WHERE also our Lord was crucified" (Re. 11:8).

And "where" was that? Jerusalem.

Where ever "Antipas" was martyred, is where Satan dwells and has his throne. But just who is Antipas? "Antipas" is not translated. It is the same word in the Greek Manuscripts. It is a compound word: "antee" and "pas." Antee carries the meaning of being ‘in place of another,’ and pas is from pater meaning ‘father.’ And so Antipas is speaking of one who is here in the place of his father. Who might that be?

"I came forth FROM the Father…" (John 16:28).

"Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He was come FROM God, and went to God" (John 13:3).

"But now I go My way to Him that SENT ME..." (John 16;5).

"No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is IN THE BOSOM of the Father, he has declared [unfolded or revealed] Him" (John 1:18).

"Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love Me; for I PROCEEDED FORTH AND CAME FROM God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me" (John 8:42).

"God… has in these last days SPOKEN UNTO US BY HIS SON…" (Heb. 1-1-2).

It is absolutely Scripturally clear that it is Jesus Christ who came "in the place of" His Father to reveal His Father to us. Jesus Christ is the Antipas.

The phrase "faithful martyr" is a proper translation, however the word translated "martyr" is from the Greek martus and is translated martyr only three times, but is translated "witness" twenty-nine times, for that is what its meaning is—a witness.

So Antipas, has come in the place of the Father. And Antipas is God’s faithful witness. And Who does the Scripture tell us is the "faithful witness" of God? Answer:

"And from JESUS CHRIST, Who IS THE FAITHFUL WITNESS…" (Rev. 1:5).

And Antipas, Jesus Christ, was martyred IN JERUSALEM. Satan’s throne and dwelling place is in JERUSALEM!

IN THE MIDST OF THE SEVEN GOLDEN CANDLESTICKS

It is no coincidence that Jesus tells us in the first message to the first church that,

"Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things says He that holds the SEVEN stars in His right hand, Who walks in the MIDST of the SEVEN golden candlesticks" (Rev. 2:1).

And whatever Jesus does, says, approves, condemns, admonishes, rewards, etc., to any ONE of the seven churches, He does to ALL Seven.

"And I will kill her children with death; and ALL the [seven] churches shall know that I am He which searches the reins [minds] and hearts [of ALL the seven churches]: and I will give unto every one [ALL seven churches] of you according to your works" (Rev. 2:23).

Can anything be clearer? These seven churches personify the strengths and weaknesses of ALL THE CHURCH, that "are, was, and will be."

Whatever Jesus speaks to any one church, He speaks to all the Churches through all generations of the Church of God. Have you noticed that God likens the Church throughout this church age to that of the "seven golden candlesticks" found in the holy place of the tabernacle and temple of God? There is much that can be learned from this physical furnishing that God likens to the Church. We see that there are seven churches, but they are a type of the seven candles of the lamp stand mentioned in the Old Testament:

"And he made the candlestick of pure gold… and six branches going out of the sides thereof… all of it was ONE beaten work of pure gold. And he made his SEVEN LAMPS …" (Exos. 37:17-24).

Notice carefully, the seven lamps which picture the seven churches of Revelation are all made of ONE piece of pure gold. The Seven Churches are ONE.

If you have ever seen a diagram of the Tabernacle, you know that the lamp stand was placed in the holy place between located between the courtyard and the holy of holies. First came the altar of burnt offering, then the holy place where the seven-candled lamp stand stood, and then the holy of holies. The picture again, is quite clear—in order to enter the holy of holies where the presence of God was found, one had to leave the holy place. One had to come out of the holy place in order to enter the holy of holies! The Seven Churches are not in the holy of holies. But we are now invited in to the very presence of God where the high priest only could previously enter once a year on the day of atonement.

Another point of interest that figures into the seven candlesticks is the fact that candles do not give very much light. For sure they do give light, but it is not very bright. They teach the candlelight of the gospel, but not the full sunlight, and certainly not full radiance of "The Father of Lights" (James 1:17), which can only be found in the holy of holies.

And although the Church has the milk of the word, they also have "the DEPTHS of Satan" in their "minds and hearts." It is but the remainder, the few, "the rest in Thyratira," and therefore, the rest in the seven churches, "which HAVE NOT this doctrine, and which HAVE NOT known [in their ‘minds and hearts’] THE DEPTHS OF SATAN."

Virtually all Christian Churches worldwide have within their doctrines, the depths of Satan. And that is why the cry goes out from God Almighty:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying ‘COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues" (Rev. 18:4).

Come out of… who? Who is the "her?" Her is a WOMAN. A woman in Scripture is a symbol for a CHURCH.

Who is to "come out?" Answer: "MY people." Where are they? In her, in the CHURCH. What Church? The MOTHER CHURCH. Who is the MOTHER CHURCH?

The church that appears to be so good, with good doctrines, and good teachings and spiritual appearing good works and righteousness, which in reality are abominations:

"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will show unto you the judgment of the GREAT WHORE that sits upon many waters [many nations of people]: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication [intimate religious/political/economic relationships], and the inhabitants of the earth have been made [spiritually] DRUNK with the wine of her fornication. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of ABOMINATIONS and FILTHINESS of her FORNICATION: And upon her forehead [where WE should have the name of God our Father, Rev. 14:1, but this mother church has instead…] …a name written,

MYSTERY, BABYLON, THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (Rev. 17:1-5).

So here is the worldwide mother church with her many catholic and protestant daughters, that sits upon many nations of people, holding a spiritual looking gold cup that when one partakes of it and drinks it down inside, it is really filled with, "abominations and filthiness"—instead of being the marvelous spiritual "DEPTHS of God" it is rather, "the DEPTHS of Satan.

We are not asked by God to "leave His Church," but rather to move from the carnal Jerusalem church under bondage to the spiritual Jerusalem church which is free. We certainly make every effort to fellowship with believers of like mind, but let us never forget where our true fellowship is.

"That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ" (I John 1:3).

And we fellowship with God by assembling ourselves in the HIGHEST assembly, in a spiritual, heavenly assembly:

"But we are come unto [heavenly] mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and CHURCH OF THE FIRSTBORN, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect and to Jesus the mediator of the NEW COVENANT, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel" (Heb. 12:22-24).

Hope this helps you George, Regards, Samson.

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 04:41:04 PM »

The Book of Revelation speaks of things that 'is/was/will be', so Babylon is the same corrupt institute now that it was when Jesus first prophesied to John...if anything, it has grown worse. There is no more 'modern day' Babylon as there was before.

As far as Jerusalem, here is an excerpt from Lake of Fire part 13 (http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html):

"Mystery Babylon the Great" is a CHURCH! But it is also A SPIRITUAL WHORE:

"For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to JERUSALEM which now is, and is in bondage with HER CHILDREN. But Jerusalem which is ABOVE is free, which is the MOTHER OF US ALL" (Gal. 4:25-26).

Jerusalem above is our MOTHER. Jerusalem below is also a MOTHER with children in bondage. Revelation speaks clearly of this Mother and her Children:

"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will show unto you the judgment of the GREAT WHORE that sits upon many waters [peoples and nations and tongues]:

With whom the kings of the earth have committed [spiritual] FORNICATION, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a WOMAN [a church] sit upon a scarlet colored WILD BEAST, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls [possessing many of the blessings of God including the pearls of God’s Word], having a gold cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

And upon her forehead was a name written,

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND
ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH"
(Rev. 17:1-5).

And now for one of the most amazing Truths in all Revelation:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her [Mystery Babylon the Great], MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues" (Rev. 18:4).

Jerusalem and all it's pagan practices is the mother to all the harlot daughters/churches around today. These harlot daughters are the many sects of Christendom churches today.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 04:42:59 PM »

Not to put too fine a point on it, Samson, but Ray describes MYSTERY, BABYLON, THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH as  "...the worldwide mother church with her many catholic and protestant daughters."--not as Catholicism with her many protestant daughters.  

If we're sticking just with religion, there are more than one branches of 'catholicism'...all of them sprung out of the apostate church, much of which was apostate before the Apostles were all gone.  
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Samson

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »

Not to put too fine a point on it, Samson, but Ray describes MYSTERY, BABYLON, THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH as  "...the worldwide mother church with her many catholic and protestant daughters."--not as Catholicism with her many protestant daughters.  

If we're sticking just with religion, there are more than one branches of 'catholicism'...all of them sprung out of the apostate church, much of which was apostate before the Apostles were all gone.  

Your right Dave,

As a matter of fact, it was right there in one of the paragraphs I copied and pasted from Ray's article, so much for me not paying attention to the words, that's what I get for rushing before work.  ;D

So here is the worldwide mother church with her many catholic and protestant daughters, that sits upon many nations of people, holding a spiritual looking gold cup that when one partakes of it and drinks it down inside, it is really filled with, "abominations and filthiness"—instead of being the marvelous spiritual "DEPTHS of God" it is rather, "the DEPTHS of Satan.

Thanks, Samson.

geokuhns

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 01:53:36 PM »

Thank you for your input. Very helpful.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.