bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using The Forums.  (Read 4755 times)

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
Using The Forums.
« on: March 01, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »

I would like to know how others use the forums here to enhance their studies.

I like to read the General Discussions then sometimes sit in Who's Online and see what other people are reading then drop into whatever looks interesting.

I am sure others must have a few tips which they can share.

Thanks,
Fester

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:38:38 AM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Patrick

Re: Using The Forums.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »

I use the advanced search function in the forum and input specific words (checking only emails to Ray, transcripts, and General); and the Google advanced search.

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:bible-truths.com&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 05:29:55 AM »

Fester you put your finger right on a very important issue!

I see you have posted your question in the just for fun and light hearted banter board but you know me….on a more serious note……I can look back and laugh at my serious self..... :D

I have found in several years of participating in the Forum, that my experience at first took me along the path of answering others with the truths that I had been blessed to comprehend. As this pattern matured, I found out that most questions have answers in the Ray Smith papers and responses to e-mails that are published here. I had the privilege of remaining in the Forum whilst Ray was on a roll with the insights into God, that Ray was sharing  that were coming into the world through the Bible Truths web site.

I only hit a wall after trying to understand some NEW truths, and after I tried to get my own insights. I found out that unless God gives you His treasures , I can not, I should not try to go get some myself. I was told quite bluntly that I was trying to go the path of independent study! That sure stung a lot! How else are we to proceed with Ray Smith being the example of digging out the truths of God. Well that is just it. Ray doesn’t have to dig. God appointed Ray as HIS expounder of HIS Word of Spirit and of Truth.

God knows how He did that and God knows also what He intends for each one of us here. We all have to dig, ask, seek and pray! What I mean by, Ray doesn’t have to dig. I mean that Ray does not come to the insights he is given by God because he digs, seeks, nocks and finds. He gets the insights first and foremost because God gives them to him and God CAUSES him to dig, ask and pray just like He will for us here and just like has happened to you Fester as you have asked how to use the Forum. That Ray digs and seeks and asks and prays to God to understand, is the way Ray gets to the truth, but it guarantees no one else that they will get the truths if God does not give them to us in His time at His Pleasure, as planned for you and I and for everyone who wants to join us in the truths we have together here as a body of believers that GOD has given to know His truths.   No matter how sparingly we eat, or how slowly we digest the huge meal of Truth here, we are all being illuminated in the Light and Presence of God before Whom we fellowship and enjoy the answers we can give to the many questions that can and do come into the Forum. Whew! that's a mouthfull! :D

You ask how to “enhance our studies”.  I take it you want to develop and improve your studies which is a worthy calling Fester. To build up our understanding of what we have here in the truths expounded by Ray, we need to be able to answer questions and APPLY what we believe in a way that is unique to us that we need for God to show and reveal to us.

I at first tried to imitate Ray in his answers to the e-mail questions he was getting. I walked a thin line because it was not okay to use the wit and edge on members who wanted to join our group. It was a real battle for me to know how to behave in here. Only since Ray expressed how we are to conduct ourselves at his 2009 Conference that has the authroity of God, according to the authority of the Scriptures, did I even begin to see the light.

I do not think Ray wants anyone to idolize him or copy him. God is too big, too honest, grand and original, vast and  true to have to create copies. That is not the way for us  to go either. We have to each find our own way that God has uniquley designed for us to follow. There are so many copies out in the world, all copying the latest fashions, the latest gossip, the latest sayings and we as the children of God belong to a Kingdom where there are no counterfeits.

The imitation of the Spirit of Christ and His Heart and Mind is not carbon copied off human mock ups.
Ray presents a remarkable work of God. He is unique! Totally unique and I think to copy Ray is to miss the plot altogether. I was missing the plot for years!! That was my learning curve! Maybe you can learn from my mistakes.

So if you want to build up on your studies, learn the lessons, practice the truths and know only God can help you. I can tell you this as a tip, that the skill, the art and the excellence is in the APPLICATION of what  you know and what God has illuminated you to comprehend so far. Application is by far the most difficult part of the learning curve. Well, I speak for me and what God is doing for me. The learning part was easy for me and I find it very humbling that it seems that others do not feel the same way. That shows me that God intends us all to be uniquely formed in the image of His Son. Like a snow flake…all different but the same…
There is more I could say, but I hope this addresses your concerns for now that I shall not treat with  jovial light hearted banter.. :D  

Arc
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:41:13 AM by Arcturus »

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 02:52:51 AM »

No matter how sparingly we eat, or how slowly we digest the huge meal of Truth here, we are all being illuminated in the Light and Presence of God before Whom we fellowship...

...the skill, the art and the excellence is in the APPLICATION of what  you know and what God has illuminated you to comprehend so far. Application is by far the most difficult part of the learning curve...

deborah,
i just wanted to let you know that i appreciated and enjoyed the statements above, which were part of your awesome testimony to fester.

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 04:37:51 AM »

God says that HIS Words will not return to HIM empty. THANK YOU for putting Gods light on the words God gave me to present to His flock here.

It blesses me so much to receive the warmth of gratitude recognised in what God is doing within us all here as His work of Kindness and Love finds expression to bring us all a share in His Joy and Peace.

Thank you Claudia.  :-*

Deb
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.