bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayers needed for help and wisdom  (Read 4250 times)

SandyFla

Prayers needed for help and wisdom
« on: June 20, 2006, 05:03:34 PM »

I'm facing a difficult time with my parents. They are both elderly. My mom has diabetes, and my dad has been taking care of her, testing her BG and giving her insulin. She can't see well enough to do it herself.  :(

Last year my dad had a stroke, and it has affected his thinking. He has been failing to write down her BG numbers, and he doesn't test her at all before lunch, so he picks numbers out of thin air and adjusts her dosages accordingly. (Who knows what he actually gives her!) When he catches me checking the memory on the monitor and writing them down, he yells at me. He also gets angry if I want to test her and give her insulin instead of letting him do it.

He is very stubborn (always has been) and flat-out refuses to see a doctor. He wouldn't even let my mom call an ambulance when he had the stroke; he didn't want her to leave his side.

Now it's up to me to deal with his rage in order to properly care for my mom. He's always had a temper, but not quite like he does now. I don't know how much of his anger is normal or how much is caused by damage from the stroke.

Either way, I have no choice but to take over with my mom and have him turn against me. Any prayers or ideas of what I can do to make this easier would be much appreciated.  :cry:

Sandy

alchemist

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 12:20:16 AM »

Sandy I usually don't respond to things like this but I've seen your past post and you seem like a really kind and compassionate person so I felt I should say something.

I can't really give you any suggestions becuase I don't fully understand your family.

All I can say is that things like this always work themselves out and do what you think is right.I'm pretty sure you'll make the right decisions on what to do.

Remember

Good luck.

Alucard the Alchemist

gmik

prayer
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 01:26:26 AM »

Yes, Sandy I will pray for you in this situation.  Maybe dad is starting with the Alzheimers.  Hope not.

I agree with Allucard the Alchemist  You will do the right thing at the right time and God's grace and strength will support you and get you thru this.

SandyFla

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 01:32:08 PM »

Thank you both for your replies and concern.

I've already had one answer to prayer: My dad went to refill his medicine, and they won't do it until he sees his doctor.

yesmar

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 10:15:37 PM »

Hey Sandy, I empathize with your situation.  Sorry I don't have any advice, but know that you have our prayers. I have parents in the same boat and we recently had to move in with my grandmother to help her through her terminal illness.  With that trial behind us now, my wife and I face the downhill decline of my parents (and they're not easy to get along with, let me tell ya!).  All I can say is "keep on truckin'"

SandyFla

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 12:17:10 PM »

Quote from: yesmar
Hey Sandy, I empathize with your situation.  Sorry I don't have any advice, but know that you have our prayers. I have parents in the same boat and we recently had to move in with my grandmother to help her through her terminal illness.  With that trial behind us now, my wife and I face the downhill decline of my parents (and they're not easy to get along with, let me tell ya!).  All I can say is "keep on truckin'"

Thank you, Yesmar. And welcome to the forum!  :)

all4love

Re: Prayers needed for help and wisdom
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 07:09:15 PM »

Sandy,
I understand what you are going through to a point that is.  My Dad is also very stubborn.  I will most definately pray for you.  I know that God will guide you to do what is right.

My prayers go out to you.

May God Bless you,
Amy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.