bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God the Dealer?  (Read 3984 times)

lauriellen

God the Dealer?
« on: March 03, 2010, 06:26:54 PM »

A well meaning relative recently mailed to me a book on grief...the purpose
of this book is to bring comfort and peace to those experiencing the loss of
a loved one.  I just had to share some of the !@#$$$%^%^& written. By
the way, the author is a minister:

"One analogy that has helped me is the Life is like a card game, Fate deals
the cards. I wanted God to deal, and I wanted to be able to have some way
to entice Him to give me nothing but good cards.  However, if God deals the
cards, who do I blame for the bad cards?......I am now comfortable with Fate of Life itself dealing the cards.  I see that God's role is to stand beside me and help me play whatever cards I get."

The thing that makes me really sad, is I used to believe in this same weak, pathetic god (small "g" intended).....talk about looking behind and seeing from where i came from.....thank you GOD, for opening my eyes to see that NOTHING is too hard for You, that You ARE GOD ALMIGHTY, IN YOU WE LIVE, MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING, ALL THINGS ARE FOR, OF AND BY YOU, and there
is NOTHING left to chance or fate.

sorry, just venting..... :P

Lupac

Re: God the Dealer?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:37:19 PM »

Wow, just... wow. How can you call a being like that "god"?

Vangie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:47:39 PM »

Wow, that big G means a bunch, don't it?!   Lauriellen, I so admire you for where you are.  Love to you in Christ,
Vangie

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 05:52:31 AM »

That is insightful to perceive the unstated assumptions that deck ( pun intended!  :D ) misleading  narratives with unveiled and hidden false teachings that God is weak. There are many other lies that form the underbelly of smooth talking sooth sayers who propogate fictions for their living.

The flowery sweet tickling things falsely agreed upon by lying prophets and spirits of deception to keep their audiences intrigued and captivated, can only be discerned through the Spirit and Mind of Christ.

Venting is fine, especially when it stubs out the lie while breathing in the refreshing Life giving Spirit of Truth!

A worthy post lauriellen. Thank you.

Arc
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 06:08:56 AM by Arcturus »

lauriellen

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 12:51:09 PM »

thank you for your comments.....i guess the real reason i just had to post something about that is, i am just so thankful to be ABLE, by Gods grace only, to be able to see PAST all that bull.....it is scary to think about all those who read that stuff and believe that it must be true....i was one of them in times past..... :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.