bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I was thinking about treasure...  (Read 3903 times)

Indagator

I was thinking about treasure...
« on: June 20, 2006, 10:54:41 PM »

when I saw a few possible connections.

Mat 13:44  `Again, the reign of the heavens is like to treasure hid in the field, which a man having found did hide, and from his joy goeth, and all, as much as he hath, he selleth, and buyeth that field.

First off, this was telling me about "a man" who found a treaure hidden in a "field", and then "a man" hid that treasure again.  "A man" then went and sold everything that he has (even his life, or carnality) in order to purchase the "field" so that he might have the treasure.  Who is the man?  Is it me? Maybe.  Is it the Chosen of Christ? Maybe.  Is Christ himself "a man"?  Maybe.  Could it be all three...?  Well now there's a thought!  Jesus did in fact give up everything he had...even his own flesh.  He was a carpenter, but after he started his ministry, do we hear anything more of his carpentry? No, he even gave up his job.  If the Chosen and Faithful also follow Him, then this must also be about them.  I think it's about me, but well...we'll see :wink:  If I understand correctly...the "field" is the church, or the called as it were. Hidden within this field are the Chosen.  Christ gives up everthing in order to have this treasure, the Chosen.  We are supposed to follow.

Joh 15:9  As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

1Jo 4:19  We love him, because he first loved us.

Mat 13:24  Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Mat 13:25  But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat 13:26  But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Mat 13:27  So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28  He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Mat 13:29  But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So, "a man" sowed good seed in his field (Church/world).  "An enemy" came along and planted tares along with the good seed .  Who is "an enemy"?  If enemy = adversary, then the enemy must be Satan yes?   So "a man" plants "good seed" in his field (Church/world) and then Satan comes along and plants tares among the good seed.  Now the Church is infected with tares.  The householder tells his servants to "Let both grow together until the harvest, but then he will have the tares gathered first...

Mat 19:30  But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Mat 11:11  Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Because "John" is the fore-runner...

Joh 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:15  John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:23  He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

Mat 13:31  Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
Mat 13:32  Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Hmm...a common theme of hidden becomes apparent.  A mustard seed is tiny so it wouldn't be noticable at first, but then grows into this great tree, which bears much fruit.  This reminds me of Christ.  To the Jews around the time of his earthly ministry he would have appeared as nothing...common rabble.  He was "camoflauged" so to speak...kind of like a "mustard seed", "treasure", or "wheat amongst tares".

Mat 13:33  Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Does yeast look enough like flour or "meal" that it wouldn't be readily perceptable to someone at just a glance? Someone who didn't search the field to find the treasure that they were told was there perhaps?  

I'm getting a common theme of "camoflauge".  Christ is telling me that the "treasure" (being called, chosen, and remaining faithful as He himself has shown us how to be) is hidden amongst the "tares" in the "field" (wheat would be sown in a field in the first place right? So we were all sown in the church at some point).  In that case the field must be the called, and the good seed must be the chosen and faithful, because later the tares are gathered FIRST (the first become last) and bundeled together (denominations?) to be burned (purified), and then the wheat is gathered into God's barn.

So I'm getting...

Good seed = Wheat= Chosen and faithful
Tares= Church/called = Spiritual Camoflauge

I kind of have another thought now concerning the adversary mixing lies with the truth, much like planting tares among the good seed.  I guess I'll be looking more into that now  :lol:

If anyone has anything to add, or something they might think would help  a bit please feel free  :D [/b]

eutychus

I was thinking about treasure...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 10:07:12 AM »

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Eph 3:9 And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.