bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For the animal lovers  (Read 7737 times)

Vangie

For the animal lovers
« on: March 06, 2010, 08:10:16 AM »

I enjoyed this so much and wanted to share it with you all.

http://5thworld.com/Paradigm/Postings/!Wisdom/OrangutanAndHound.html

Vangie

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
Re: For the animal lovers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 01:40:59 PM »

Yes I sure can!

Just like I can also see God in the tragedies of life!

If one can't see God in that relationship,well ::)

Roy
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Roy Martin

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 03:32:33 PM »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thank you Vangie for sharing that. :D
I believe that those of us that appreciate things like this are very blessed. I know God likes it too.He is the one responsible for relationships such as this; even in animals.
Roy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:54:57 PM by Roy Martin »

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:23:55 PM »

Thanks for sharing Vangie  :)

Samson

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 12:12:30 AM »

Thankyou Vangie, from two lovers of animals(not fanatically), Samson &  Freckle Girl to another.
We Love going to places that feature Animals. We visited ZOO America in Hershey, Pa last Fall, loved the Lynnz and all types of Cats. Were partial to cats in this household. If I go take my long Nap on my Day Off(like today), Our Cats will eventually come near the foot of Bed demanding I get up, whining and running away and coming back, even the Shy one(Suzie). Suzie won't let you pick her up, but if your in another room fr too long, she will whine and demand your presence. PolyAnna will get in Bed with you and rub against you until you finally get up,  ;D.

Thanks, Samson.

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 12:22:24 AM »

Believe it or not, without my pancake hat on I kind of look like that orangutan when I smile.
I need to get myself a hound dog.

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Kat

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 12:27:56 AM »

Hi Vangie,

I'm an animal lover and I thought it was intriguing how those two different specie of animals had a connection from when they first met. I think animal make our lives so much more interesting, we have two house dogs (Pomeranian), two yard dogs (Labs) and two cats. One of the poms and our Siamese cat are buddies and will wrestle and play together. It sure would be boring around here without them.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Vangie

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 12:51:55 AM »

Thank you for the responses!  Samson and Pam, I have owned one cat, or rather, he owned me!  His name was Booki, he was a spoiled rotten Persian prima donna hairball.  He would get the covers going at my neck, and start kneading at them, and if I didn't have enough balled up until he was done for the evening and ready to rest, he'd keep on going when the covers were gone, and then holler about it.  (Not just with his mouth, those paws were still looking for some covers!....ouch!!)  I just about lost it when he died, as he was my first pet from baby to death (still is, if I look at it that way).  I have dogs now, but totally can relate to cat lovers.  If my mutts would adapt, I'd probably have a cat now.  Hubby doesn't think that's feasible, and he's probably right--our dogs have some wild oats in them!  But there's something special about snuggling a critter close to your heart, whether it's a cat, a squirrel, or a puppy.  I bet Moms feel this on a whole different level--I can't begin to imagine the blessing.

Kat, I agree about how intriguing was the relationship that the dog and orangutan forged.  Animals do give us a different twist on our perspective, don't they?  Thanks for the opportunity to enjoy chatting about our animals and pets.  My dogs are my babies, and since most of us know how it is not to have like minded folks to fellowship with in real life--I really appreciate being able to share a little with you all about my family, and hope you don't think I'm nuts.   ;) :)

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 02:47:13 AM »

fester, i love your rabbit's pancake hat! animals can be very healing to the soul.  ;)

claudia

Darius

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 03:39:41 AM »

Thanx Vangie. I love it! We have two cats...best stress relief to go home to after a hard day at work!  ;D Someone qouted Ray as saying "I see a kind and a gentle loving God in the face of a kitten" Does anyone know where I can find this and was it in one of Rays paper or was he answering an e-mail? Please...   

G. Driggs

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 06:06:40 AM »

I never thought it would be so hard to own a chihuahua, I swear she has throughly tried me and my wifes patients! I almost had her put down after she peed on our bed and pooped all over the place and finally bite my one year old daughter in the face. I honestly dont know why we still have her, I guess God wants her alive to teach us something, at least that is what I keep telling myself. I really cant blame her, she was abused pretty badly in her last home from what I hear, so as hard as it is I gotta give her some slack.

Hey Darius here is that link you wanted. You can find that specific quote under the heading of 'IDOLS OF THE HEART' about a third of the way down.

http://www.bible-truths.com/lake7.html

Thanks for sharing Vangie.

G.Driggs
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:07:57 AM by G. Driggs »

Darius

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 06:16:50 PM »

Thanx G.Driggs!

frecklegirl417

Vangie

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 09:50:30 AM »

Pam, and what beautiful babies they are!  They look so sweet and cuddly, and I bet they each have their very own different personalities.  Thanks for sharing their photos.  It's so cool to get a glimpse into yours and Samson's life and get to know you better.

Vangie

longhorn

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 04:27:57 PM »

I have a pet chicken ( Lucy ) that drinks diet coke out of a bowl.  A friend of the family who is a Vet said it's probably not a good idea because most aviary species can't poot or burp.. to late now, she's hooked on the stuff.

Longhorn

Ninny

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 04:34:49 PM »

Longhorn, that poor chicken has had a very rough life, what with losing her beak in space and all....poor old girl!  :D
Kathy ;)

Linny

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 12:09:12 AM »

Can't wait to share that with my girls. They are HUGE animal lovers and are always bringing the neighborhood dogs home with them!

hummer

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 02:11:06 AM »

God's love and sense of humor is amazingly beautiful. Thank you Vangie. Our pets give us many hours of happiness.

Skip

Astrapho

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 06:08:21 PM »

That's so adorable! Thanks for sharing. :D I really want a pet, but at the same time I'm afraid that I won't have any time for it, so I probably won't, haha.

Half of me is worried for that chicken, but the other half wants to give it as many bowls of diet coke I can find. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.