bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Names of God  (Read 5431 times)

ARisingSon

Names of God
« on: March 06, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »

Hello Everyone,
   Has Ray ever done a study on the names of God for both Testaments?
   Thanks.    Earl

mharrell08

Re: Names of God
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 12:49:40 PM »

Hello Everyone,
   Has Ray ever done a study on the names of God for both Testaments?
   Thanks.    Earl

No, but he has a number of email replies with answers to reader questions about the name(s) of God. Hopefully a member can find them better than I.

If you want, you can go to the search page of the forum (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?action=search), type in one of the names from the OT, expand the 'Advanced search' and de-select all. Then select 'Emails to Ray' and press okay. Look through the results and let us know if you can't find what you are looking for.

Marques

ARisingSon

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »

Thanks Marques.  I'll try that.  I'm not very good at navigating the Forum yet.   
   Grace be with you.  Earl

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »

Hi Earl

Here is something you may want to include in your study that discusses the eonian God  :)

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1819.0.html

We do not want to be found guilty of "adding to or taking away from" the Word of God.  God is called in Rom. 16:26, "the everlasting [eonian] God."  He is not called "the God OF THE AGES."  That is a false assumption. It doesn't completely change the meaning, but we should not do what the Scriptures do not do.

God is the "EONIAN God."  Eonian is an adjective, whereas "ages" are a noun.
As I have stated many times now, "A statement of FACT is not a statement of LIMITATION unless there are words of limitation within the statement of fact."

And there are NO words of limitation in Rom. 16:26.  For example, it does not say that  God is the God of the ages "ONLY," does it?  No it doesn't.  God is also called a "jealous God."  Jealous being an adjective.  But inferring an attribute to God such as jealousy, does not conclude that He is "jealous" ETERNALLY.

God is also: "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."  Does that statement in any way infer that God is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, ONLY?  Of course not. God is also the God of Moses, and Joseph, and of Peter and Paul, etc.

Who resides supreme over the aions of time in which God's plan is being worked out with humanity?  Who?  Why it is GOD, who is the "aionion/eonian God," not some other deity.

I have explained this many times in the past. It is also thoroughly covered in my paper: "Is EVERLASTING Scriptural."
God be with you,
Ray

ARisingSon

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 08:38:20 PM »

Thanks Arc.  All suggestions are helpful.
    Grace be with you.  Earl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.