bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK BT Meeting coming up  (Read 6354 times)

emkayfey

UK BT Meeting coming up
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »

Many of us who met via the forum and live in the UK (I, Dave UK, Fabio, Nelson, others) are meeting in my house again on the 14th of March (many will be travelling hundreds miles). We have met about three times in the past (mainly for conviviality and watching Ray's videos)  but this is the first time we are meeting for mainly teaching and have thus invited friends who are in the church, some have indicated intention to be there and expects a full house.

I cannot attach the invite here because there is an error message but here's the link to the invite. http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B21tfdF-ki92MzI2MjI1ZTktMmVhZi00OTE4LWIxN2MtOTU2ODIwZWYwNmUz&hl=en

The questions I have here are:

-Because that we are mainly going to be talking from Ray's teachings, is there any general advice from the moderators in this respect?

-Is it alright to invite those whom we know are still in the church or are we simply opening up ourselves to arguments?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: UK BT Meeting coming up
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 07:17:51 PM »

I met many of you at the last conference and I'm sure you can handle yourselves just fine.

Go ahead and invite the church members. Not much will come of it, but you never know. But keep in mind there comes a time when you are casting your pearls before swine.

emkayfey

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 07:36:20 PM »

Thanks Dennis, (hope you're feeling a lot better now). I just wanted to be sure that we acknowledge what brought us together (Ray Smith), and that the forum is aware of the meeting. I recall mentioning the last meeting to Ray and he was also happy for us to go ahead also.

I agree with you, At some point it could become casting pearls before swine, but we'll never know if we don't try.  One of the questions I am being asked by some I've spoken to is, how are you going to let others know about this message...?

Will keep the forum posted on the outcome, and will appreciate your prayers.

Thanks

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 09:42:22 PM »

There was a time when none of us were ready to hear and then the day came that God gave us ears to hear the word.  I 'stumbled' across Ray's tithing paper and was intrigued and then searched on the net for the website and started to read the LOF and when I saw Ray say that their was no hell I was disappointed with him.  His tithing paper was dead on but no hell?  Well, I thought that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.  But a few months later I came back and really started to read and the scales fell off.  We don't know when God's time will be for those whom he has selected to hear.  If you invite churchgoers to your meeting and a few show up then God has a reason behind it and you just never know.....

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 10:26:53 PM »

By all means please do keep all of us posted, and you'll be in my prayers.  I hope you can remind us again closer to the time of the meeting.

I don't know what will happen with your friends who are still in babylon.  I do know what will happen to the gathering of those who believe the Lord.  He will show you more what's in your hearts and more what it is you must suffer for His name's sake as He continues to make you into His image.  Nothing but good can come out of that if you are humble enough to see and hear it.  So have a good time. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

emkayfey

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 06:23:56 AM »

Will keep you all posted and send pictures as well, I will start all over again reading the two judgements by fire as this is the topic I am taking. I am now confident it's is not a bad idea inviting friends from the church.

I just hope my former role as a pastor does not kick in ;D

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 10:29:28 AM »

my prayer are with you that some will hear and you will beable   maybe to have fellowship?    but even then because of what we go through  even at times that is hard  God is with you  peggy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 10:56:30 AM »

I met many of you at the last conference and I'm sure you can handle yourselves just fine.

Go ahead and invite the church members. Not much will come of it, but you never know. But keep in mind there comes a time when you are casting your pearls before swine.

I had to learn that the hard way.  :(........after I had already  had the gastly experience of feeding locusts not sheep when I was a Cell Leader coming out of  Babylon.... ;D Swine eat the locusts and turn on the pearls.

I also hope your former role as a pastor does not kick in.....God is doing something good again.....Let us know what happens please emkayfey

Arc

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:04:25 AM by Arcturus »

chav

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 06:07:37 PM »

I just hope my former role as a pastor does not kick in

You make sure those old tithes and offerings envelopes remain outside in your shed.

Dave

Nelson

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 04:06:37 PM »

Hi UK folks,

Looking forward to this. Last time was good and it was nice to fellowship but I'm glad we've got some real meat to chew this time.

• "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them" (Mt 18:20)

Grace and peace to you all

Nelson

emkayfey

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 05:37:16 PM »

Nelson, it'll be nice to see you again, and Dave UK should all be relieved to learn that the tithes envelopes will not be distributed.

emkayfey

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »

I promised to update the forum once the BT Bible study was conducted...I am happy to say that the meeting was held in my house as schgeduled, it went well and almost every one we expected turned up, from the forum we have Dave UK and his wife Karen, Nelson, Greg, Fabio and his wife Heather, I and my wife, Miranda and another family who were members of my church before.

It was a great time of fellowship, questions and discussions. Thanks to all those who prayed along with us.

I have posted 2 photos taken on the day... who can you recognise? Here's the link:http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/sredir?uname=feyisetan&target=ALBUM&id=5449375327135024641&authkey=Gv1sRgCPj67fjpoq_cmQE&invite=CP305-UL&feat=email

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 05:38:37 AM »

What was the topic of your discussion/study?

What was the paper you had desplayed on your screen?

How long was the meeting?

It looks like you all were most comfortable, at ease and enjoying the unity of mind in His Spirit. :)

Arc

emkayfey

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 07:09:25 AM »

It is Bible truths website (one of Ray's writings - specifically, Judgement must begin in the house of God) that was displayed on the screen.

We spent good time answering questions about how Christians came to believe in hell, the origin of eternal torment... with great contributions from Nelson and Dave UK. The meeting lasted for about 3 hours and some people (Fabio and Dave) travelled almost the length of the country to be there.

Great fellowship too.

Marky Mark

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 04:30:48 PM »

emkayfey, N-I-C-E...

It is always a blessing to be able to share with like minded brothers and sisters in person. ;D 8)

Thanks for sharing.

Peace...Mark

Samson

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »

Thanks Dennis, (hope you're feeling a lot better now). I just wanted to be sure that we acknowledge what brought us together (Ray Smith), and that the forum is aware of the meeting. I recall mentioning the last meeting to Ray and he was also happy for us to go ahead also.

I agree with you, At some point it could become casting pearls before swine, but we'll never know if we don't try.  One of the questions I am being asked by some I've spoken to is, how are you going to let others know about this message...?

Will keep the forum posted on the outcome, and will appreciate your prayers.

Thanks

Hello Emayfey,

This is awesome News, regardless if you happen to get a few Aionian and Hell Debaters. I liked Arion's point in his Post, different Truths attract different individuals, in his case it was the Tithing Paper; for me it was No Free Will and that Our creation is a process and not a final product.

Anyway, I HATE YOU GUYS, because I wish I could attend and yes I'm jealous,  ;D.

Carry On, Samson.

Linny

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 11:55:04 PM »

LOL Samson! You stole my post! I was just going to say, "I AM JEALOUS!"  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.