bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4th of July!!!  (Read 5158 times)

jennie

4th of July!!!
« on: June 20, 2006, 11:03:36 PM »

Before I say anything... I do not mean to offend anyone regarding the war and all. Just wanted to ask that we all remember the soldiers, past and present, who fight and have fought for freedom. Without them we wouldn't have the right to fellowship with one another. That is a blessing to have such an extended group of people to count as friends although we don't know what one another even looks like! My family was a military family. I am what people used to call an " army brat"! Although I was scared to death over Baghdad, I was proud too to know that one of my own risked his life to rescue the hostages. This was at the very start of it all. He went in with people shooting at him to help the poor women and some men who had been injured and captured. Our nation has it's flaws but I am so glad we live in our beautiful country where we can all worship together here at the forum. Say a prayer and celebrate all the good in your lives!!! Much love, Jennie

Mickyd

4th of July!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 11:13:02 PM »

This is touchy subject for me...I'm a vet....I love my country...but I also love my God. That's all I have to say about that.

Falconn003

4th of July!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 11:46:41 PM »

Jennie

I am lost for words on this topic as well.

Mickyd

Where did you serve, if i may ask. dont want to stir anything bad in memory.

So i'll understand if not answered.

God bless
Rodger

JesusOnly

4th of July!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 11:53:06 PM »

Amen, Jennie.  I have no questions for you.  I will honor your request.  I am glad through this that you found the king of kings and lord of lords...bless his name.

gmik

4th of July
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 01:18:44 AM »

Thanks Jennie.  I will definetly be praying for our country and our soldiers in harm's way.  I know it is God's will but i am thankful for America.  Not cause we are so great or anything but because God in His mercy has indeed blessed us.

YellowStone

4th of July!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 01:34:17 AM »

Jennie thank you for such a timely and thought provoking post. Yes, we have so much to be thankful for; including the tiniest of things which we take for granted. Certainly, our right (privilege) to enjoy them today was won on some battle field/s by braver men than I.

It's a catch 20-2 saying that one hates war, when it is war that has given one the right to say it. I believe with all my heart that if everyone began praying for God to opens the hearts of all his children and fill them with love; war would dissolve to nothing. Of course this is Gods will for this to occur and not mine. :)

I will remember and say a prayer for all our service men and woman today and days past.

YellowStone

Mickyd

4th of July!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 06:55:25 AM »

Quote from: Falconn003

Mickyd

Where did you serve, if i may ask. dont want to stir anything bad in memory.

So i'll understand if not answered.

God bless
Rodger

I was in the first gulf war. Lucky not to see combat.

SandyFla

4th of July!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 03:45:13 PM »

I'm with you, Jennie. If it were not for soldiers who fight for our freedom, we would have none. Of course, all is of God, and that includes not only freedom, but soldiers and war.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.