bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: called and chosen  (Read 10309 times)

MePogo

Re: called and chosen
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 01:01:28 PM »

Whenever the subject of "called" and the "chosen" comes up, I find myself thinking like a little school child.  I want to wave my arms in the air and call out to God "Choose me, please choose me!"  Silly, I know.  But logically I know know the thought is stupid.  I've done nothing to deserve being chosen.  I have known of real heros so much more deserving.  I do believe I am called by Him.  He granted me the eyes and ears.  I am blessed beyond measure.  Still, despite loving God with all my heart, I sin.  I've grown to the point I recognize sin (I think) and sincerely regret my un-Christlike ways.  How difficult it is to love all of mankind.  I don't know where to draw the line between being kind to someone in need and someone with a well-practiced tale of woe who will use you until you have nothing left and then move on to the next victim. 

Christ, Himself, didn't concentrate on the powerful and affluent.  He walked among the common folk, the sick and the hopeless and helpless.  But He was no fool.  (this story is actually funny now) I recall a apparently healthy young man coming to my gate and saying he was hungry.  Did I have a few pesos to spare for a hungry man?  Feeling wise and benevolent, I suggested he sweep my sidewalk outside my wall for enough for a meal.  He appeared shocked.  I handed him a broom which he took and then turned and ran, carrying my broom with him.  Perhaps he could sell the broom for enough to eat.  What would Jesus have done?  Well, so much for me finding goodness in my heart.  My brain overflowed with sinful thoughts.  So, no, I'm not among the chosen.  But still I believe I have the capacity  to be of some small value and I must remain comfortable with that.  My question here is really, is being called but not chosen really so shameful?  Should we try throughout our life, even knowing it's a losing battle, and remain faithful and grateful for what we are given, even though it isn't the ultimate prize?  God's will be done.

Pogo

mharrell08

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 01:18:09 PM »

My question here is really, is being called but not chosen really so shameful?  Should we try throughout our life, even knowing it's a losing battle, and remain faithful and grateful for what we are given, even though it isn't the ultimate prize?  God's will be done.

Pogo

Hello Pogo,

We can never 'try' to be God's Elect...the very word itself, 'chosen', implies that the choice is of God. Since it is all of God, why worry yourself?

He's either choosing you or He's not but you won't know for sure until His Coming, so there's nothing to be anxious about. Whatever spiritual qualities that you need to possess to be one of God's Elect then God will fulfill those in you, you can't do it yourself. It's all of God, so don't fret.

Marques

Marlene

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 02:24:06 PM »

Pogo, God chooses favour on some now. Not, because of what they do. But, because the Holy Spirit lives in them and is working in them.
But, I look as not being a chosen still a good thing. Because God loves all humanity. We are all going to obtain the reward in the end. Christ is that reward and we will never suffer death again. God is no respector of persons and Loves us all the same. Like Marques , I believe it is nothing about what we have done or have not done. But, what he has done.

In His Love,
Marlene

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 04:08:55 AM »

In other words Marques and Marlene,

God does not choose the qualified. He qualifies His chosen!

Arc

MePogo

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 03:07:56 AM »

In other words Marques and Marlene,

God does not choose the qualified. He qualifies His chosen!

Arc

You folks are awesome.  And, of course, you are all correct.  I loved the quote above.

Pogo 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.