bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Current Condition March 7th, 2010  (Read 32746 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Ray's Current Condition March 7th, 2010
« on: March 07, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »

Greetings to God's Elect, Forum members, and bible-truths readers:

I am encouraged by all the emails I receive from many who are praying for my recovery.  I wish that I had a better report to give than I am able at this time.  Today starts the third week that I am confined to a wheelchair.  I cannot walk or stand.  Part of the problem is gout.  Hospice checked my blood for Uric acid last week, and it was very elevated.  Since then, the massive swelling of my feet, right knee, and left hand and fingers, along with the pain has diminished somewhat, but I am still unable to walk or stand. I am not discouraged, however.  My trial is not greater than I can bear. The Emphatic Diaglott and the Concordant New Testament renders I Cor. 10:13 better than the King James:

"Now, faithful is God, Who will not be leaving you to be tried above what you are able, but, together with the trial, will be making the sequel also, TO ENABLE YOU TO UNDERGO IT."

I am able to sit and work at my computer on most days.  My latest paper:  "HELL is a Christian Hoax" is nearing a hundred pages.  I thought it would be finished by last Fall--hopefully sometime next month.  Look for it at the top of our home page.  In fact, below is a reproduction of the first page of my paper:

HELL is a Christian hoax

L. Ray Smith debunks the Christian/Muslem doctrine of an eternal hell while giving a Scriptural critique and commentary on New York Times best selling book:
“23 Minutes in Hell”                                                                                          
By Bill Wiese

Bill Wiese says this grotesque monster pictured above is exactly like one he saw in his recent visit to hell. Thank God that such creatures nowhere exist but in the troubled minds of some Christian opportunists who prey on people's fears to sell books. The Scriptures know nothing of any such hideous monsters assigned to torture grandfathers and grandmothers in hell. (Oh, you didn't know that the Christian hell is predominately populated with our grandparents?  'Tis true, Church doctrine itself demands it—see the proof below).  The Apostle Peter warned that in the last days “false teachers” would bring into the Church, what he called “damnable heresies” (II Pet. 2:1), and no teaching in the history of the world is as evil and damnable as the Christian doctrine of endless suffering and torture for no redeeming value or purpose whatsoever.

This new paper will be a much shorter than my Lake of Fire Installments on hell.

The book, 23 Minutes in Hell is a great way to introduce the general subject of hell and judgment.  So rather than just critiquing Bill's book, I also will cover the general teaching of the Church on this subject, along with the Truth of the Scriptures, which is not being taught with any real conviction of which I am aware. I am positive that it will bring a huge negative response from the Christian world.

Don't be discouraged over my present condition, I'm not.  For it is when God makes us weak, that He gives us the power to do greater things.  I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the assistance that many of you have given me.  It is no small burden off my shoulders to know that my needs are being met, month after month.  I have many more things to write about, so pray that I can continue writing and teaching.  I think of you every day as well, and pray for your well-being and spiritual growth.  If I get a little bit better, I hope to continue my regularly scheduled Bible Studies in my home.

I feel honored to have an audience of Believers who love the Word of God.  As I watch the peddlers of God's Word on television, I just marvel at the swill that is palmed off as spiritual food.  The world is starving from spiritual malnutrition.  And so, we will continue teaching sound doctrine while exposing those heretics who teach contrary to sound doctrine.  Stay strong!

And may God be with each and every one of you,

Ray  

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:19:34 PM by Dennis Vogel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.