bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Excuses  (Read 4382 times)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Excuses
« on: March 09, 2010, 01:26:19 AM »

Does anybody have scripture about those who make excuses??

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Excuses
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 04:42:13 AM »

Mat 8:21  And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Mat 8:22  But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Luk 14:16  Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
Luk 14:17  And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
Luk 14:18  And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
Luk 14:19  And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
Luk 14:20  And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.
Luk 14:21  So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
Luk 14:22  And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
Luk 14:23  And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
Luk 14:24  For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

There's bound to be more, but maybe these will help.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 04:46:25 AM »

Exo 4:10  And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
Exo 4:11  And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
Exo 4:12  Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
Exo 4:13  And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.
Exo 4:14  And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses...
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

G. Driggs

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 05:45:11 AM »

Matt 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 06:35:40 AM »

Hi Akira329

Excuse as in those reasoning’s propped up by human fleshy understanding, self justifications, false assumed explanations, faulty pretexts, insincere apologies, express phony claims….those kind of excuses?

Does anybody have scripture about those who make excuses??

Sure. The entire bible is about the many who make such excuses and the chosen few who don’t.

Mat 7:21  "Not everyone who keeps saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will get into the kingdom of heaven, but only the person who keeps doing the will of my Father in heaven.
Mat 7:22  Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name, drove out demons in your name, and performed many miracles in your name, didn't we?'
Mat 7:23  Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you evildoers!'"
Mat 7:24  "Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and obeys them is like a wise man who built his house on a rock.

Thank you for your question.

Arc

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 10:09:03 AM »

Hey Deb,
Self Justification would be the right word!
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Samson

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 10:42:52 AM »

Hey Deb,
Self Justification would be the right word!

Hey Antaiwan,

Here's one that came to mind, excuses and self justification in one. The Account of Saul, after He was Anointed as King by Samuel, His response to Samuel, after being given specific instructions to wipe out the Amalekites. Read: 1 Samuel. 15:13-26. Of course, Samuel, although pronouncing rejection by God of Saul mourned for Saul, because He was rejected of by The Lord and Samuel was corrected of that: 1 Samuel. 16: 1-7.

Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.