bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Names we choose  (Read 17909 times)

onelovedread

Names we choose
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »

I notice how often Arcturus is mistaken for a guy. And that led me to wondering how we forum family members chose our 'handles'. For me - 'Onelovedread' - came about because I lived in Jamaica for 24 years before coming to NY. Because I have 'dreadlocks' some of my acquaintances thought I was a rastafarian (a sect who believes that Haile Selassie, the former emperor of Ethiopia [who is now quite dead] is God.)  And Bob Marley who actually was a rastafarian sang that classic 'One Love' so I guess because of my locks and background, the name sort of stuck to me. I am not and never wanted to be a rastafarian, but I do like my 'dreadlocks'. Maybe it's been done already, but for us 'newbies', could you 'guys' share how you chose your names? I think it would be most interesting. What about you guys? What do you think?

AK4

Re: Names we choose
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »

Yeah i think i started one called "reason behind the name" or something like that.  My handle is my initials plus my three kids initials which makes 4 so you have AK4.

We are

Anthony (me)
Anthony (first son)
Aariyah (daughter)
Anthony (last son)

LOL :D  Dont worry, we call the kids by their middle names to avoid confusion.  Come to think about it, no one calls me by Anthony either but by my nickname Sam.  Crazy.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »

Mine is too boring to type out.  Mostly I just wanted to differentiate from all the other David's and Dave's posting.  

We are 1/3 of all English Speaking males, btw.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:06:41 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Lupac

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »

Sure, Lupac sounded like a kind of werewolf-elf. I don't know. I made up the name when I wanted to post on a forum where no one would know me. (LGMR is my normal forum name.) It kind of stuck after a while.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:20:25 PM »

Hey Dave, one time I was going to tell you that if I added an S to my last name then we'd have the same last name! OR You could take the S off your name and we'd have the same last name! haha!! and do you remember that Dave UK, once right after we started using FaceBook thought that we were husband and wife because he thought we had the same last name! I thought that was pretty cute..so it's good that you are Dave in Tenn and I am Ninny so on the forum there is no mistaking!!  hehe!! ouch!! sorry Dave, I just thought it was cute!  :D I didn't reveal your last name in case it's a secret!! hehehe!!  :-X
Kathy ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 04:50:18 PM »

Kathy, I'm glad you specified it was Dave_UK that did that.  So many Daves, so few bullets.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »

Hey....I'm laughing even though I think you just insulted me!!  :o ;D
Kathy ;)

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »

Mine is pretty bizarre.  I've had some people think that I'm one of those white supremists thinking that my handle is an offshoot of 'aryan'.  But the truth is much more mundane.  Twenty years or so ago I was on staff of a AOG megachurch and one of the ministries I was involved with was the multimedia ministry.  This was before the computer imagining and simulation era.  When we wanted to animate scenes (such as our animated christmas tree star) we would use 35mm projectors to quickly flash several images from different slide projectors in order on a screen to simulate a moving image.  The device that did it had the brand name of 'arion' and it kind of stuck.  That is the screen name I have used since the earliest days of the various bbs and bulletin boards.

G. Driggs

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 02:20:06 AM »

I use G.Driggs for the same reason Dave uses Dave in Tenn, as there are at least 2 or 3 other George's here. ;)

My original handle when I first joined BT was 'jakfr0s' because Im from way up north in Alaska and that is how my grandmother use to pronounce 'jack frost'.

G.Driggs

Stacey

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 02:55:26 AM »

Mine is my middle name. Its the name everyone calls me that knows me. Wanted to keep it real so I did.  :)
Stacey

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 08:57:36 AM »

As a child I loved to look at the stars. I still do! :)...though more now in a spiritual sense. :)

Psa 19:1  To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork.

When I joined the Forum I was inspired to nominate a Star to be my Avatar. There have been many joyful, twinkling exchanges about my Avatar here in the Forum that I have been blessed to enjoy, notwithstanding some that have also been quite humorously embarrassing too.

God is Merciful and building us all up in His Faithfulness as we recognize His Spirit here gathering us to Himself in the heavens of His abode among us.

Psa 89:2  For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
Psa 89:5  And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.

Arc

Kat

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »

I'm a simple person Kat is for Kathy  :)

Linny

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 11:36:17 AM »

My name is Linda, my close friends and family have always called me Lin and my husband gave me the pet name Linny.
The first forum I ever spent time in I used Linny and I liked that my new found internet friends called me that so I always use it when I have to name myself now.

mharrell08

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 11:56:44 AM »

The initial of my 1st name, my last name, and my birthday (8th of January).

I did not always have a picture for my avatar but decided on one a while ago. I thought of this picture when this verse came to mind:

John 3:4-5  I [Jesus] must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

The sun setting still gives it's light but night is coming when there is no more light.

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 11:59:02 AM »

Hey, I like that, Marques!

Ninny:
Shortened version of nincompoop, a silly, idiotic person. can be used affectionately.

Well! I NEVER!! My Grandson who is now 12 has called me Ninny since he started talking...he couldn't say "Nanny" it has nothing to do with being any of those words above..I do think when my grandchildren call me 'Ninny' they do so affectionately..Lots of other people call me Ninny, too! I'm afraid to ask why! :D
Kathy ;)

Chuck

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »

Simple...my first name.  However, on a local newspaper forum I go by Michael Corleone.....my alter ego.   ;D

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
Names we choose
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 07:49:43 PM »

In my youth I had this big fat pimple on my butt.  It really hurt so I showed my mom who said it is starting to fester.  We all know that I am a pain in the butt so I kept the name.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:59:28 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Joel

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 10:12:48 PM »

I wanted to keep it simple also, my name really is Joel. :)

bambam

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 11:39:52 AM »

My husband and I both have the same initials B.A.M.  *************************.  And I always liked it because I remember bambam and pebbles from the flinstones cartoons. It just kind of works. ;D

Beth
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:48:18 AM by Craig »

AK4

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »

Yeah i think i started one called "reason behind the name" or something like that.  My handle is my initials plus my three kids initials which makes 4 so you have AK4.

We are

Anthony (me)
Anthony (first son)
Aariyah (daughter)
Anthony (last son)

LOL :D  Dont worry, we call the kids by their middle names to avoid confusion.  Come to think about it, no one calls me by Anthony either but by my nickname Sam.  Crazy.

Oh and the reason for my avatar....2 reasons, i love patrick.  Hes the most hilarious cartoon character ever IMO and the other reason  is, if any of you have seen the episode where this came from Patrick  was trying to build a pin for spongebobs horse [seahorse in the cartoon] and at the very end of the cartoon patrick tries to walk through a doorway with that board nailed to his head and he cant get through because the board keeps hitting the doorway.  This is how i feel when i try to explain some of the truths of God to someone and they just wont let it in.  LOL 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.