bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Names we choose  (Read 17908 times)

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
Re: Names we choose
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »

Hi all,

My name as u all see is sansmile........and a lot of people think i am male !! and without (sans in french)
But where the name comes from is quite simple.lol........like myself. It is:
san = sandie   ( my real name) and smile  for...............smile
Sandie with a smile  :)
Walk in the Spirit

Ninny

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 06:48:52 PM »

In my youth I had this big fat pimple on my butt.  It really hurt so I showed my mom who said it is starting to fester.  We all know that I am a pain in the butt so I kept the name.

Oh, Fester! now that is just too gross!! You're making me laugh!  :D
Kathy ;)

rockrdude

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 08:03:38 PM »

Arion.. I'm playing a CD by Ayreon as I write this  ;D

...which brings me to my username: rockrdude

God gave me a love for music at a young age. I've never been all that talented in playing it, but I sure have an appreciation for it.

Years ago when the internet was much younger, I was part of an online Christian chat and everyone thought I should go by "rockerdude" because of my obvious love for music. But the chat program limited the characters to one letter less than rockerdude.. so I took out the "e" in rocker so it would still pronounce the same.

This username has followed me everywhere since then.

I still love my music, but since God opened my eyes to His truths, music has become a MUCH lower priority in my life than it once had. I still enjoy it, but much more in moderation now. And, I like much more than rock music. I think many styles of music rock.

Because of the changes God has made in me the last few years, I hope God opens my eyes to a new username someday soon. I'm actually to the point where I'd LIKE a new one.

Ideas, anybody? :)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 08:52:02 PM »

Ideas, anybody? :)

DudeFormerlyKnownAsRockrdude.   

:D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rockrdude

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »

Dave.. That's a little short, don't you think? ;)

Ninny

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 09:39:32 PM »

Jonathan, that's Dave, a man of few words!! ha :D
Kathy ;)

Vangie

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 11:12:01 PM »

DFKAR - Jonathan, there you go!  Sounds cool too. ;)

Ninny

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 11:31:55 PM »

:D ;D :D That's funny Vangie!

bpenelli

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 12:40:57 AM »

You guys won't ever figure out from what my mysterious and profound username was derived from. Unless of course you know my real name is Brad Penelli....(oops, I think I might have just given it away)
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Astrapho

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 02:30:29 AM »

Lol@Fester

I actually thought beforehand that AK4 derived his username from the AK-47! And that Bambam was from that annoying/hilarious detergent (?) advertisement! Feel a little silly now, hahah. :D I guessed right for Ninny though, thought it would be something like that. :D Too cute...

Mine was derived from "astraphobia", my usual forum handle (I use this shorter version for forums where I wouldn't be standing behind a shield of anonymity). I thought it up randomly one day when I was signing up for neopets, but then it stuck.  ;D

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 02:47:55 AM »

In my youth I had this big fat pimple on my butt.  It really hurt so I showed my mom who said it is starting to fester.  We all know that I am a pain in the butt so I kept the name.
Hilarious.

I served 3 1/2 yrs in prison. A common term for those incarcerated is jailbird. I learned awhile ago that eagles fly into storms because the storm elevates them. I'm no longer just a bird in bonds, but a Liberated Eagle.  

Charles

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:42:08 PM by Liberated Eagle »

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 04:22:04 AM »

Akira is the first Japanese anime movie I ever saw and I fell in love with the genre.
Akira was a boy that possessed transcendent psionic abilities.
At that time I was so intrigued with characters that exhibited extra ordinary powers.:o ;D
Especially the manipulation of the environment around them.
Anyone who has watch Dragon Ball Z knows what I'm talking about.
I love this stuff!!!
The 329 is my roster number of my fraternity Theta Chi.
My avator is of course Optimus Prime! They don't and never will make characters like this again!!!
When I was kid I wanted to be just like him! :D

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

judith collier

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 05:34:18 AM »

Dave and Fester, you guys are too much. In fact, all of you are. I tried a long time ago coming up with a handle but it's like someone saying to me, "be funny" I go blank! Maybe I should go by my middle name, Beatrice! Isn't that horrible? Or my maiden name but it is so long. I stay away from that one though because I have an uncle who, if you knew his first name, set a precedence in matters of the law and he wasn't on the side of it either. O.K. I can't keep a secret, my last name was DeMeerleer.
Arcturus, you ARE heavenly!!!!

emkayfey

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 07:21:20 AM »

emkayfey is the first 2 letters of my first name and the first 3 letters from my middle, and last names. How simpler can it get? I  use same on ebay and other gadget forums.... I love gadgets.

And as for my avatar...I wonder, who it could be? as Iam more handsome than that ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 08:03:57 AM »

Arcturus, you ARE heavenly!!!!

As you are thinking of me Judy...so are YOU!

That is how the Kingdom of God works....as a man thinketh.... :)

Thank you!

Arc
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:06:37 AM by Arcturus »

Ninny

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 09:30:55 AM »

I have to say to Asrapho and Antaiwan,
I understand about neopets, anime, dragon ball z, AND transformers!! Eek!!
Hey, I'm just a with-it Ninny, what can I say?!!
Hehehe!!! :)
Kathy ;)

Samson

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 01:22:01 PM »

Onelovedread,

I believe that there was a thread like this before. However, I chose the name Samson based on my prior history with Women in relationships experiencing the "Weepers and Naggers" and some long enduring grudgeholders. Notice Sisters, I said PRIOR HISTORY WITH WOMEN, ;D  ;). Anyway, Judges. chapters 13-17 gives an idea of my story. Of course, alot of my past difficulties in this area were brought upon by a lack of patience and longsuffering. What a training experience, Hiatal Hernia and many ulcers later,  ;).

Kind Regards, Samson.

Ninny

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »

Samson...gettin' old is one way to slow down...finding a good woman to whip you into shape is another way!!  :o  Amazing how getting older sometimes wakes us up...sometimes not!  :D
Kathy ;)

onelovedread

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 03:47:49 PM »

Samson. I notice your hair's growing back! What a wonderful thing that you're not spiritually blind (lol). Hey family, Thank you so much. I'm thoroughly enjoying this and am blessed by the interesting and hilarious responses and the deep insights shared elsewhere on this forum. The discussions have helped me to keep Ray's teaching fresh in my mind and heart and have quite often sent me back to them to read afresh.

frecklegirl417

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 10:26:58 PM »

Samson...gettin' old is one way to slow down...finding a good woman to whip you into shape is another way!!  :o  Amazing how getting older sometimes wakes us up...sometimes not!  :D
Kathy ;)

;D ;D LOL!!!!

Ninny, you make me laugh.

I picked my name due to Samson. He calls me is frecklegirl. I was going to use Delilah but I am no where near her or want to be.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.