bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Names we choose  (Read 17889 times)

AK4

Re: Names we choose
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 02:44:55 PM »

Akira is the first Japanese anime movie I ever saw and I fell in love with the genre.
Akira was a boy that possessed transcendent psionic abilities.
At that time I was so intrigued with characters that exhibited extra ordinary powers.:o ;D
Especially the manipulation of the environment around them.
Anyone who has watch Dragon Ball Z knows what I'm talking about.
I love this stuff!!!
The 329 is my roster number of my fraternity Theta Chi.
My avator is of course Optimus Prime! They don't and never will make characters like this again!!!
When I was kid I wanted to be just like him! :D

Antaiwan

I used to play dungeons and dragons and my favorite character class was psions and psionic warriors.  Ive always been fascinated too with the powers of the mind.  My favorite attack was using telekinesis to throw a monster hundreds of feet in the air and let them fall back to the ground.  I sorta miss that pagan game  :'(.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 06:45:51 PM »

Hi,

I'm bob from Indiana, so Indianabob seemed to fit.

Eugene Robert (Bob) Breyfogle.

Mom named me but always just called me Bobby
Then I began attending school and the teacher insisted that I answer to my official name of
Eugene. That didn't last long, because I often didn't hear and respond so she gave up.

I was the first born, so I was pampered a little until my sister Joan came along three years later.
Three years later in 1941 another sister Susan was "still born" and mom was afraid to try again.

That event among others was a point that got me interested in the final fate of the unsaved in this life. I just couldn't believe that God would burn her for even a little while let alone forever.

Lupac

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2010, 12:34:02 AM »

Akira is the first Japanese anime movie I ever saw and I fell in love with the genre.
Akira was a boy that possessed transcendent psionic abilities.
At that time I was so intrigued with characters that exhibited extra ordinary powers.:o ;D
Especially the manipulation of the environment around them.
Anyone who has watch Dragon Ball Z knows what I'm talking about.
I love this stuff!!!
The 329 is my roster number of my fraternity Theta Chi.
My avator is of course Optimus Prime! They don't and never will make characters like this again!!!
When I was kid I wanted to be just like him! :D

Antaiwan

I used to play dungeons and dragons and my favorite character class was psions and psionic warriors.  Ive always been fascinated too with the powers of the mind.  My favorite attack was using telekinesis to throw a monster hundreds of feet in the air and let them fall back to the ground.  I sorta miss that pagan game  :'(.

I like magic the gathering better than DnD. There's no as much involved... Check out this video of telekinesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEfAzdBmp40&feature=player_embedded

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010, 03:09:39 PM »

Cypress trees are one of my favorites...I think I like mangroves more, but I didn't want to call myself Mangrove  :P.
Elaine

abrandnewman

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 01:22:50 AM »

Cypress trees are one of my favorites...I think I like mangroves more, but I didn't want to call myself Mangrove  :P.

Wahahah that would be so funny.

I'm a brand new man through God's word!

longhorn

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2010, 09:08:21 AM »

What are these fake made-up names you people speak of.

Longhorn

Ninny

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2010, 10:35:23 AM »

Now I ask you... What was your mom smoking when she named you, Longhorn??
Don't answer that!! :)
Kathy ;)

daywalker

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2010, 06:09:26 PM »

Mine's pretty easy to figure out... that is, if you've seen the movie Blade.

[though, I also think of it as 'walking in the light' as opposed to the dark...]

Daywalker 8)

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2010, 10:26:46 PM »

Hmmm, never seen Blade  :o.

Vampires can sparkle in the daylight.
Elaine

Roy Coates

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2010, 12:56:29 PM »

I chose my name for anonymity purposes. :o My real name is Roy Edward Coates. Roy Coates was the first thing that came to mind ;)

As for my avatar, I would rather look at her than at myself. Besides it helps with anonymity aspect.

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2010, 06:46:39 AM »

Hi .

Well really i did not choose  my names & of cause some of you may be a bit surprised, any way here goes .

noel, edward ,  Loch-head ,     & with two more prussian names ,
   manfried  von reutchthos,    & as youll see prussian background with scottish & english ,

now  because of my back ground .
  im known as noeleena ,edwina.  Loch-head .

The detail behind my first name is both male & female   no-el ,
  my name of noeleena was going to be noeleen , & a friend over in phuket said to me it was to be noeleena . & as that was to be so.    i accepted my new name .
  You see , to many things have been done for me over these last 12 years & more so the last 3 , nothing ,has been done for no reason even if some people think other wise ,
  any way some thing a little different ,

...noeleena...

CottonPicker

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2010, 07:27:06 AM »

I have always had a great fascination with printed fabrics.  I sew things and mostly pick (choose) cotton for my projects so Cotton Picker seemed like the right name for me.   :)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »

There's no shame in admitting you've picked cotton.   :D  

I picked a little cotton when I was a kid.  We were driving up to visit my grandparents in West Tennessee, and I asked if we could stop and let me go into a cotton field to pick a boll for show-and-tell.  I picked it, and kept it, but immediately felt guilty for 'stealing' that farmer's cotton.  

My mom has a lot of cotton picking stories.  I feel like I've come from a long line of cotton-picking ancestors.  
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 03:29:16 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2010, 04:10:02 PM »

Ok Dave, this one's for you, old timer!! hehehe!!  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS4OxoebcSQ

they used to grow cotton in Arizona when I was a kid...never picked any, but I used to go with my sisters to "tromp the trailers" after the cotton picker (mechanical, of course) put it over into the trailers they hired people to stomp it down to make room for more! scratchy!!  :o
Kathy ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.