> Transcripts of Ray's Audio's and More Teachings

Mobile Conference 2009 - all audios

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kat:

I’m going to read a little of this email that this guy sent me. This man fervently believes in the ‘salvation of all,’ trust me when I tell you that believing in the salvation of all is not the test for spiritual conversion. He said;

I felt that I should mail you and thank you for all you do. God is using you in my life and I hope that your healing will come soon. (Ray’s comment: That’s nice… God is using your false teachings to sharpen me for His use.)

You’re not as foolish as those in orthodoxy, you have obviously been given ‘brains’ and the ability to teach with authority. You have so much to give, but you’re throwing it all away for your own ego. I beg you to turn from your false teachings and really understand what this means…

What do you think your cancer is, not the wrath of God? Jesus never sinned, yet He endured the wrath of God.  Are you above ‘your’ Master? I beg you to turn and accept that the wrath of God abides on all ungodlyness including your own.

Your teachings are ALL outward physical, they are the milk of the Word and you know what that means.  You know what your doing and just because those of YOUR flock don’t know any better and you ‘wow’ them with your ‘knowledge’ of how foolish orthodoxy is they think therefore that your ‘God’s prophet.’ You’ve turned so far against the word of God that you are now begging for money.

Do you think I get angry with such mean-spirited slander? No, I rejoice! Then he pronounces an anathema upon me (anathematized means to be excommunicated and cursed, it’s a prayer that evil and misfortune befall somebody). A nice Christian attitude. I hope we don’t have that attitude toward anyone. 

James 3:8  But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
v. 9  Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

THE WIDOW’S MITE

You all know the story of the widow’s mite, right? 

Luke 21:1 And He looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.
v. 2 And He saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.
v. 3 And He said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:
v. 4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

The coin referred to in this passage was the ‘half prutah,’ also known in Greek as the ‘lepton.’ Leptons were first minted by Alexander annaeus beginning in the year 103 BC. These coins were of very low value and were used only in the poor province of Judea.

A mite, it’s worth half a penny, well I paid $12 for it, it‘s two thousand years old. It’s got little spurs on it, that’s because it was on like a band and they would stamp this thing really roughly and break them off. But it took two of those to make a penny. The widow had two mites, which is a penny. Back in the time of Jesus, it took about 48 mites to buy a loaf of bread. So two mites would buy maybe one slice of bread and one mite would buy half a slice of bread.

The widow who tossed her last two mites into the temple treasury has been extolled for two thousand years now for that cheerful act of giving. Christ was looking at these people tossing money into the treasury. Now this had nothing to do with tithing, this was for expenses, for the priests and the different people for some of the expenses of the temple. He said, did you notice all these rich people put a lot of money in there, but this widow she put in two mites. You know, she gave more than all of them, because she gave her livelihood, she gave all she had.

My question to you is, why do you think that story is in the Bible? [Attendees: It’s important.] I would think it’s important. 

2Tim 3:16  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Remember I said Luke chapter 18, chapter 19, chapter 20, chapter 21 are all dealing with money and wealth. So in chapter 21 we have the widow’s mite.

I said I chose a topic because it’s one where I can know whether you’re carnal or not, because I know how many people in this room contribute to bible-truths. If you don’t, I’m not down on you, I love you just as much. But maybe it takes a little prodding for some of you. I’m not ashamed to say that I think it’s a good thing that everybody could give to this ministry. We could do a lot and we do a lot with a little.

You know in my Tithing Paper, I said I had never seen in this world of Christendom so little accomplished with so much. They have so much money and accomplish so little. Denny and I often muse about, if we had $10-20,000 a month… what they take in, in two or three hours. If we had that much a month, imagine how many people we would reach with this message. But, you know, people go away sorrowful.

I had a couple (might have been several years now) wrote me and thanked me for my Tithing Paper and said, “wow, was that an eye-opener, now we see the light. Wow, that’s so simple, boy were we taken in.’ It was a husband/wife doctor team, they’re both doctors from California. They were tithing $60,000 a year to their church. $60,000 a year! Boy they thanked me and said, ‘we were just taken in… we thought God commanded us to pay ten per cent of our salary.’ They just thanked me and thanked me. I have never heard from them again. They are so thankful to save that $60,000 a year, yet they wouldn’t give six pennies to the ministry that told them the truth... I don’t care.

Let me address this, because this person sent a very nasty, nasty email… and mean spirited, you know. “Ray, don’t be so stupid. God is pouring out His wrath upon you, what do you think this cancer is?” We had a parting of the way because of this one subject years ago. They were teaching that God pours out His wrath upon His Elect and I said you’re not going to teach that in our group.

Let’s just take a quick look at that. Because all of you will sooner or later come into some condition in your life where you’ll really wonder whether or not God is really angry with you and bringing a curse in your life or pouring out His wrath or something, because things aren’t going well and you’re praying, but your wife is going to leave you… you’ve got a disease… you’ve lost your job. You say, ‘whoa, God must really be angry with me.’

I want to show you that if you love God and you have the spirit of God, then God is not angry with you and he will NOT pour His wrath upon you.

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness…

We are told that even God’s Elect are ungodliness & unrighteousness? Then God’s wrath IS revealed against us (God’s Elect), right? Rest of the verse:

v. 18 …of men, who hold (Gk: hold back/suppress) the truth in unrighteousness;

The Greek means hold back or restrain. “Hold back the truth in unrighteousness.” Does their ministry consist of “holding back the truth in unrighteousness?” Apparently so, as they contend that God’s wrath is upon them. I guess that they’re admitting that their ministry consist of holding back the truth in unrighteousness. Do you think they would want to admit that? Probably not.

(From notes)
Is Romans 1:18 speaking of God’s Elect? Or is this speaking of those who, “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,” (Romans 1:22). The Concordant says, “they became stupid.” In Ephesians 5 it talks about the “children of disobedience.”

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
v. 7 Be not you therefore partakers with them.

So, if the wrath of God is poured out on the children of disobedience, Paul says, don’t you be one of them. Then that has to mean that there are those that don’t have to be one of them. “Don’t YOU be a partaker with them.” If God’s Elect are still “the children of disobedience,” then it is impossible and foolish on Paul’s part to admonish us to “BE NOT ye therefore partakers with THEM.”

Eph 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Col 3:6  For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
v. 7  In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
v. 8  But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

You don’t have to have the wrath of God poured upon you, as they are teaching we’ll all have the wrath of God… even Jesus Christ had the wrath of God poured on Him. NO, He didn’t! I mean, that’s not only heresy, that’s blasphemy to say that God was angry, indignant with His own Son.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

No matter how bad things are going for you or you have terminal cancer like me or whatever, understand there is “no condemnation” from God upon your life. Wrath, anger and indignation is severe condemnation! Extreme condemnation! We have NO condemnation… none! But I tell you, when you become stupid you can try to make the word of God say anything. So I want to show you, what are you going to do with this though?

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

That is pretty simple and straight-forward, isn’t it? You know what they teach that means? That the “us” there means the world. “God did not appoint (the whole world) to wrath,” but that the whole world would be saved? I just marvel at how people can just twist and distort and pervert the word of God.

I want to show you an example of how you pay attention to all the words. Because any time I come back to study a subject… now I just don’t want to study the same thing I did before, I want more and new information. So let me show you how I read this chapter now… or at least half of this chapter. I’m going to pay attention to the words. All the words.

So it says, 1 Thessalonians 5:9 “For God hath not appointed us to wrath.” They’re saying that means the world, He appointed the world, “us” is the world. God has appointed the world to wrath, but He is ultimately going to save everybody, so He hasn’t appointed them all to wrath. Well it isn’t that wrath last an eternity, anyway. Let’s pay attention to the words and see who is the “us.” When God says “not appointed us to wrath.” Is this the Saints, God’s Elect or is the “us” the unrepentant, unregenerate sinners of the world? Can you know for sure?Let’s pay attention to all the words.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye…

“Ye,” who is that? The sinners of the world, the unrepentant, the degenerates? No.

v. 1 … ye have no need that I write unto you.

Is he writing to the world? No.

v. 2 For yourselves (God’s elect) know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
v. 3 For when they…

Are “they” God’s elect? No…we have you, brethren, ye, yourselves, but “when they,” that’s somebody else, now we’re talking about the world.

v. 3 …shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

“But ye, brethren,” can you see that’s a different group? Is that simple enough for a first-grader?

v. 4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
v. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
v. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others;

Who are the “others”? That’s the “they”, that’s the “them,” that’s the world, that’s the sinners.

v. 6 …but let us watch and be sober.
v. 7 For they (that’s the sinful world) that sleep, sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
v. 8 But let us (different group), who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
v. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath…

Am I going too fast for anybody? Can you even conceive that somebody of normal intelligence would try to teach that the “us” there means the unrepentant, unregenerate world of sinners? Unbelievable!

v. 9 …but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
v. 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
v. 11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

So you have, ye - brethren - we - us - our - children of the day - children of the light - brethren - ye - you - yourselves, and then you have they - them - they (again) - the drunken ones of the night and so on.

That’s what I mean by when you pay attention to all the words, you can keep going deeper and deeper and deeper. If something really is true, it’s going to prove that truth… did I not just do that? Is there any doubt in anybody’s mind who the “us” is? God hath not appointed “US.” Is that talking about the whole sinful world of humanity? No. It is contrasting ‘them’ with the ‘they’ and then the ‘them.’

Kat:
http://bible-truths.com/audio/Define6Days.mp3
Audio 3 - Continuation of ‘Are You Yet Carnal’

DEFINE “SIX DAYS”

I don’t want to offend anyone and I hope I didn’t offend anybody talking about the widow’s mite. What I wanted to show you is there is a lot of stuff in the Bible and if you don’t pay attention to it… like how many of you really considered the story of the widow’s mite and said, ‘this is a lesson for me that God is teaching,’ how many? Probably not too many. But it’s in there, you know. This has been preserved in hundreds of millions of copies of the Bible, it’s in there for us, it‘s Scripture. Paul said to Timothy;

2Tim 3:16  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

When you read and study the Scriptures APPLY THEM ALL TO YOURSELF for either “doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” So I knew that was one area that I would get you, because I know how many contribute and it’s not many. 

But really when God devotes chapter eighteen, nineteen, twenty and chapter twenty one, all on wealth and money and riches and what you do with it, then that probably pretty important.

Mat 6:21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

So as I taught in this lesson, if you are not a cheerful giver… you are yet carnal. But I could have chosen hundreds of subjects. If you do not ‘do unto others as you would have them to do unto you,’ you are yet carnal.  Now we could give a whole talk on that… do unto others.

If you do not “turn the other cheek” (Mat. 5:39) … you are yet carnal. 

If you do not “humble yourself” (Dan. 10:12) … you are yet carnal. 

If you do not “…deem one another superior to one’s self” (Phil. 2:4 CLV) … you are yet carnal.

If you do not “pray without ceasing” (1Thes. 5:17)… you are yet carnal.

If you do not “but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God” (Phil. 4:6) … you are yet carnal.

I could go on for hours and hours.  EVERYTHING in the Scriptures that admonish you personally, you must obey and follow or ye are yet carnal.

These are all things from Paul. Some of them are commands of the Lord, as Paul says and others he says, I don’t have I specific commandment from Jesus to do this, but none the less it is something that he saw as necessary to do. So if it is in there and you read it, then you should do that. 

So we have got to get away from this idea that living a righteous life or living the spiritual life or being a Christian or whatever, consists of believing these ‘doctrines.’ You know, I believe this and I don’t believe that, believe this, not that… and that’s what makes you a Christian or whatever. IT’S A LIFE! It’s not a game. 

If you yell at your wife or you yell at your husband and talk down to them, you’re carnal. I don’t care how much you go to church or whatever else you do, if you do that, you’re carnal and you have got to stop doing that.

So first of all READ your Bible. You learn these basic truths and you say, ‘I know the Bible.’ There is a LOT in there, trust me there is a lot. I can take any subject and I can just keep going and going and going. I’m going to show you a little bit about how when “you pay attention to all the words” you can keep going and going and going. 

The great thing is, if what you are studying you believe to be the truth, then it is going to PROVE to be the truth. The more you study, it is going to prove to be the truth. I’ve been doing that with several subjects and no matter what direction I go, no matter where I go or how I go about it, what I knew to be the truth last year or five years ago, it’s still the truth. That’s not to say I was never wrong about things, but one thing is I’ve not been wrong about anything major that we have published in the last ten years. I mean you don’t see where I have an article up and now we had to take it down. Like they would say, ‘what happen to your Rapture paper Ray?’ Oh we found out there was a rapture? No.

So if you think, ‘well yeah, Ray’s got a lot of stuff, but there is a couple of areas I don’t know, I think he’s all screwed up on.’ Just give it time, because I would say that chances are that I probably spend a good deal more time on that than you did and I pretty much already know what you know, but what you don’t know is what I know.  That’s the difference. 

People ask me, ‘what makes you think you know more than all these ministers?’ In a haughty arrogant way, I don’t. But here is the answer to that, I know what they believe and why they believe it. But they don’t know what I believe and why I believe it, they don’t know that. That is a big difference. 

I’ve told ministers already, I could argue your false doctrine better than you do and I don’t believe it. But I could argue more convincingly than you do. If I wanted to be a real spiritual S.O.B. and somebody paid me a lot of money, I could give a talk on tithing and I’d get people to tithe. I’d have to lie, I’d have to distort the Scriptures, but I guarantee you I’d give them a more convincing talk on giving your tithe to some church or some lying charlatan than they do. Because I know the ins and outs of what it’s all about. 

So I know what they believe and I know why they believe it. What they don’t know is what I believe and why I believe what I believe. So sometimes I have more in reserve than you think, because I can’t say everything that I know about everything, all the time. There just isn’t time. But I could have taken all kinds of subjects, but I zeroed in on that one, just to let you know that I know there are areas that you don’t take it very seriously. So whether you do or you don’t now, that of course is up to you I’m just trying to teach you and help you out.

DO YOU DESPISE THE WORD OF GOD?

Now this section incorporates quite a lot of stuff… there’s a lot of scriptures.

Leviticus 26:15 And if you shall despise My statutes, or if your soul abhor My judgments, so that you will not do all My commandments, but that ye break My covenant:
v. 16 I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague (alternating chills, fever, sweating), that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Now that’s strong. That’s an agrarian setting, back in ancient Israel.

Job 5:17 Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects: therefore despise not the chastening of the Almighty:

Proverbs 3:11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

Proverbs 23:9  Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

Hebrews 12:5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked of Him:

In Isaiah… from where I wrote about ‘The Towers’ paper.

Isaiah 30:12 Wherefore thus says the Holy One of Israel, Because YOU DESPISE THIS WORD, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and STAY THEREON:
v. 13  Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall…

He is going to bring a calamity, like the bulging out of a tower or falling down and being totally destroyed.

Now most people would never admit or concede that they despise the word of God. Not everybody who is deceived and doesn’t understand a lot of truth despises the word of God. They just don’t know, they’re deceived. But when you come to see and you study God’s word, and you know what it says and you absolutely refuse to believe it or obey it, then you’re despising the word of God. When you despise the word of God, you’re despising God.

I have some examples here of how the church just despises the word of God… they know better.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not ANY THING...

That’s pretty plain. There’s no great variant, mis-translations there or anything and yet the whole Christian world for the most part does not believe that. They don’t believe that… why?

Oh, they have this story of Lazarus and the Rich Man. Here is a case where a rich man and a poor man died, right? They did know something, because they were alive and talking back and forth between heaven and hell, supposedly. For that reason they have to absolutely demand that Lazarus and the Rich Man is not a parable, it’s got to be a literal, historical event that took place. Why? Because they despise that scripture that says, “the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing,” they despise that. So they’ve got to find something to justify their stupid pagan notion that when you die you go to heaven or you die and you go to hell. There’s nothing like that in the scripture - ‘Oh but, Lazarus and the Rich man’... but that’s a parable - ‘No it aint!’ Why isn’t it? - ‘Oh, because it mentions somebody by name.’

So I show them ‘parables’ that mention people by name and even God the Father and Satan and so on, are mentioned in parables. I wrote a whole paper of 40 pages or something on Lazarus and the Rich Man. I mean how many proofs do you have to have that this is a parable? I proved it up one side and down the other and people still say, ‘Ray, it’s not a parable.’ I have one other approach here. 

IF A PREMISE IS TRUE

Remember my thing, never forget:
If a premise is true, then all truthful and scientific research will back up the fact that your premise is indeed TRUE! But if your premise is false, then all truthful and scientific research will back up the fact that your premise is indeed FALSE! If something is true, you just keep digging and digging and you’ll prove it and prove it and prove it. But I’ve got another approach.

Is Lazarus and the Rich Man a parable? Because if it’s a parable, then it’s not literal. This man did not die and at the same time he died… he woke up and he was able to talk. One was in heaven and one was in hell and all of this other nonsense.  The rich man was supposedly being tortured by fire.

Let’s settle this very simply, because I’m telling you, the Bible tells us Lazarus and the Rich Man is a parable, it says that. You say, ‘I don’t think so, Ray.’ Well, it does and I’m going to show you. You just have to have eyes to see, ears to hear, that’s all. You have to pay attention to what? [All the words.] Yeah, pay attention to all those good words. So, let’s see how we do with this.

Luke 15:3 And He (Jesus) spoke THIS PARABLE unto them, saying…

Now, it says parable, in the singular. The thing is, over in Luke 16:19 my Bible has a heading that says, PARABLE of the Rich Man and Lazarus. That’s because whoever wrote this and put those headings in, was not a strict orthodox Christian or he would never have put that in there. 

PARABLE of the Lost Sheep:

Luke 15:4  WHAT MAN of you…

Now, is this a parable? Well yeah, it just said, verse 3 “He spoke this PARABLE.” That’s a parable, right? Then the next heading over in the beginning of verse eight says, the parable of the lost coin? It doesn’t say in the text that it is a parable. But that kind of sounds similar, the ‘parable’ of the lost sheep… the ‘parable’ of the lost coin… the ‘parable’ of the lost son… gee is there some kind of a common thread here? I think so.

PARABLE of the Lost Coin:

Luke 15:8 EITHER WHAT WOMAN having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
v. 9 And when she has found it, she calls her friends and her neighbors together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
v. 10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents.

Now as far as proving whether or not that is a parable or not a parable, what is the most important word in those three verses? Is there anything in those three verses that proves that this is a parable, because it doesn’t say in the text.

[“Likewise“]. No, likewise only ties together the fact that the lesson to be learned here is tied in with somebody who repents.

[“What woman“]  No, that doesn’t tell you either, well it does a little bit. But people could argue that and say, ‘because you have “what man” and then “what woman,” that seems like a tie-in, right?’ But there’s a more important word than that. That’s good though, that’s part of it. It’s the first word, “either.” That’s what I’m talking about, I want you to understand how my mind works. Pay attention to ALL the words.

Why is that word “either” so important to prove that this next discussion is a parable? It connects to the first one, it is a connecting word. EITHER( Greek: ay - A primary particle of distinction BETWEEN TWO CONNECTED TERMS disjunctive, or comparative), see that? That’s what it says in Strong’s Dictionary of the Greek. “A primary particle of distinction between two connected terms“….“what man of you” (verse 4) is connected to “what woman” (verse, it’s connected by the word “either.” You don’t start off a sentence that way. If this was just a verse some place that said, ‘either what woman having ten pieces’… what do you mean, either? Why is the word ‘either’ there? Why don’t you just say, ‘what woman having ten pieces of silver’? Why would you say either? Either connects it to the previous parable. Do you see that? The word ‘either.’

Now you come down and theologians won’t debate whether these are parables, until you come to the fifth one. But I want to show how you can prove it. The next parable in verse 11, my Bible says;

PARABLE of the Lost Son:

Luke 15:11 AND He said, A certain man had two sons:

We have the parable of the lost sheep… parable of the lost coin… parable of the lost son. Now what do you suppose the most important word out of the next fifteen, twenty verses? [And?] Yes, the word “and.”  AND (Greek: deh - a primary particle (adversative or continuative; but, and, etc.: - also, and, but, moreover, now.)

It’s a continuing thought. There shouldn’t be a paragraph break there, you don’t end a paragraph and then start out a new paragraph with ‘and.’ It’s very closely related to the last one. “And” what? And - also. We’ve got, “what man” (verse 4) and “what woman” (verse 08) and we have “a certain man” (verse 11). In addition to these two “and” we have another one, so that’s three.

That parable of the lost son is pretty long. Then we come down to chapter 16.

PARABLE of the Unjust Steward/Servant:

Luke 16:1 AND He said ALSO unto His disciples, There was a certain rich man…
which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.

So we have the two ideas of the parable itself, “a certain rich man,” the last one was “a certain man.” Do you see any similarity in that? The greatest theological minds in the world don’t see any connection there, ‘I don’t see any connection there with that. A certain rich man - a certain man? No, I don’t see any connection.’ Well of course not you despise the word of God.

Notice, we’ve got another word in here, in verse 1 “And He said ALSO…” See what happens when you pay attention to all the words. “And (Greek: deh - see above) He said also” (AND in addition to - ALSO included to the above parables examples.)  ALSO; Greek: kahee - a primary particle, having a copulative (to connect coordinate words or clauses) and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so, then, too, both, but, even, for, if, indeed, likewise, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yea, yet. 

So verse 1 “And (in addition to) He said also (these parable) unto His disciples, THERE WAS A CERTAIN RICH MAN… and that ties it right back to “the certain man” and the others. Then He discusses that parable. Then over in verse 19 He says;

PARABLE of the Rich Man and Lazarus:

Luke 16:19 THERE WAS A CERTAIN RICH MAN, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
v. 20 And there was a CERTAIN BEGGAR named Lazarus,

So, we have two here, and “there was a certain rich man… v. 20 AND there was a certain beggar…”  It’s amazing that they (orthodox Christians, pastors & priests, theologians and college professors) couldn’t see “a certain man…” “a certain rich man…” and “a certain rich man…” They say, ‘well the certain man, the certain rich man, yeah, I can see them, but the second a certain rich man, no, that won’t fly.’ Can you see the carnality in that? Can you see the twisted mind who would throw away the word of God, so they can believe their pagan nonsense?

THIS PARABLE… WHAT MAN OF YOU… EITHER WHAT WOMAN… AND He said ALSO… THERE WAS A CERTAIN RICH MAN… THERE WAS A CERTAIN RICH MAN… THERE WAS A CERTAIN BEGGAR… Is it Scripturally even possible that Luke 16:19 is not a parable… not unless Jesus lied!

Matt 13:34  All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake He not unto them:

John 10:6  This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which He spake unto them.

Mark 4:33  And with many such parables spake He the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.
v. 34  But without a parable spake He not unto them:

If you look, that’s just one other aspect of this. Maybe by next week, next month, next year I’ll say, wow look at this! Why can we keep finding more and more, because it’s true and it is a parable.

WHAT DOES “THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH” MEAN:

What does that mean? I got this from the Internet site: The Phrase Finder. Are you ready for this? “The wages of sin is death” -- ”Meaning, sinners will be cast into everlasting torment.” That’s what that means, it says so. Where did they get that? They made it up! The lying fraudulent, hypocrites… they made it up, the Bible doesn’t teach that.

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So, what they’re really saying is that Paul said, ‘for the wages of sin is ETERNAL LIFE, but the gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE.’ It’s just that they say one eternal life is in heaven and the other is in hell. But they are both eternal life, right? But he didn’t say that. One is DEATH, one is LIFE. Two different things, death and life are not synonyms. Death is the absence of life and nowhere in Scripture is death called a ‘separation’ from God.

Kat:

THREE (3) PRINCIPLES FOR UNDERSTANDING GOD’S WORD

So when you start studying the Bible, from now on, the first thing you need to fine out.

1)  WHAT DOES THE SCRIPTURE SAY?  If it’s nebulous, then check some translations. But find out what it says.
2)  PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO ALL THE WORDS!
3)  BELIEVE WHAT IT SAYS! You’ve got to believe it.

That’s simple: be sure you’ve got the right words, look at all the words, believe all the words.

In Lazarus and the Rich man, they like to quote Matthew 25. You know, about being cast into everlasting fire. Their favorite proof text for this unscriptural nonsense.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

v. 46  And these (the ‘cursed’) shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

It’s there they say, the wicked go into everlasting punishment and the righteous into eternal life. They say, ‘Ray, it’s both the same Greek word.‘ So if the righteous receive eternal life, so that they don’t ever die, guess what? The wicked receive the same punishment that never ends, because it’s the ‘same word.’ Well, what’s wrong with that argument? What’s wrong with their explanation? [There is no word in the Scripture for ‘eternal.’] Well that’s true, but where did they get that word eternal? ‘Oh, from the word aionios.’ But that doesn’t mean eternal. ‘But then, you’re saying that the gift to the righteous people is not eternal life?’ That’s right. Nowhere does it say it’s eternal life. It’s aeonian life.

“Everlasting fire”: aionios - eonian, age-lasting [the adjective of the noun aion]. James Patrick Holding (aka Robert Turkel) agues on his Tetonic site that I am wrong on this and gives two examples to prove it: The noun super vs. it’s adjective superior, and the noun time vs. its adjective, timeless, price and priceless, etc., …Nonsense!

“Everlasting punishment”: aionios - “chastening eonian” (CLNT); “age-abiding correction” (Rotherham); “aionian cutting-off” (the lopping off branches of trees, to prune, Diaglott). Pruning trees does not punish them, but aids growth.

“Life eternal”: “age-abiding life” (Rotherham); eonian life (Diaglott); “life eonian” (Concordant)

Rom 2:7  To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality (Greek: aphtharsia - incorruptibility, unending existence, immortality), eternal (age-abiding, eonian) life: (KJV)

Rom 2:7 to those, indeed, who by endurance in good acts are seeking glory and honor and incorruption, life eonian; (CLV)

Rom 2:7 Unto them, on the one hand, who, by way of endurance in good work, are seeking, glory, honor and incorruption, life age-abiding, (Rotherham)

‘Well, you’re saying that they’re going to…’ I’m not saying anything, I believe the scriptures, what do you believe? Apparently a bunch of hogwash. The scriptures say that the righteous will go into aeonian life. ‘What do they do then, die?’ I didn’t say that. The scriptures didn’t say that. ‘Well, if it’s only for an age, pertaining to an age, then how can you say that their life doesn’t end?’ Because they’re given “immortality,” because they’re given “incorruption.” You need to look at ALL the words.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat… There’s more than one way to come to a knowledge of the truth. You don’t have to always rely on just one verse or one word.

1 Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in INCORRUPTION:

It’s “incorruptible,” it can’t be corrupted, because it can’t decay, it can’t die.

v. 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a SPIRITUAL body…

Spiritual bodies don’t die.

v. 54 …this mortal shall have put on INMMORTALITY…

So whether aeonian life is so many years or so many centuries or whatever, it’s really immaterial as far as will we live forever? Yes, we’ll live forever, but not because that word says so. It isn’t the word aionios or aeonian or age-abiding that shows we will live forever, that shows two things, a certain duration. Jesus is going to reign for a thousand years… how long is a thousand years? Till He puts down all His enemies, it says so.

1 Corinthians 15:25 For He must reign, TILL He has put all enemies under His feet.

What kind of life are we promised with Him? “Aeonian life.” We reign aeonian with Him. ‘After that we die?’ No. Don’t try to mix apples with oranges.

Besides that, everlasting punishment: aionios - “chastisement eonian“ (CLNT); “age-abiding correction“ (Rotherham). The word “chastisement” comes from the word ‘to cut,‘ ‘to cut off,’ ‘to prune.’ Aionian cutting-off. When you cut back or prune a tree, are you torturing it, are you trying to kill it? No, it aids growth, you want it to produce more fruit. So, this is a good thing that the wicked will be ‘pruned.’ The word is “chastisement,” not punishment. Chastisement always carries the connotation of correcting what is wrong. If it was eternal, they would never be corrected.

CHALLENGES ON WHAT RAY TEACHES

A couple of years ago this fellow Craig Nolan challenged one of my Lake of Fire papers on hell. He said, ‘it says that “whosoever believes on Jesus Christ shall never die” (John 11:26).’ I said, No, in the Greek it is, shall not die for or into the eon, you will be ruling with Christ during that time. He fought me on that and I just would write email after email, sometimes five pages, for weeks. For weeks we went back and forth and they were putting this on our forum and some of the forum members said, ‘well, I think Ray has met his match here, I think Craig has got him nailed on this one.’ After five weeks, I just finally cornered him so badly with his own ridiculous nonsense, that he had to concede he was wrong. Of course I don’t know if everybody on the forum read that. 

I know that people from time to time say, ‘I don’t know about that Ray.’ I never claimed to be perfect and I will change if I’m shown that I’m wrong. You show me I’m wrong. If you have any thoughts about I’m wrong in something major, we can just talk about it or whatever. I can’t always spend weeks or months on something just because it comes up. Sometimes I have other things I need to do, not the least of which is to try to stay alive, as I’m not in the best shape.

Of course I was challenged by our little dissident group over the wrath of God. We talked about that a little bit and we went through that whole thing this morning and it’s just one more way to prove it. Who is the ‘us’ and who is the ‘they’? The ‘they’ and the ‘them’ and the ‘us’? We are the ‘us.’ Their arguments are just nonsense.

Let’s look at one or two other things here. This letter that this guy sent me - the one where he said I was begging for money and he anathematized me. Here is what he said.

Ray,

Here’s the definition of what a day is; “And calling is the Elohim the light "day,” and the darkness He calls "night." And coming is it to be evening and coming to be morning, day one.” (Gen 1:5 CLV)

A ’DAY’ is the coming of the evening and the coming of the morning, not just the light = day. But it’s both the ‘coming of the evening and the morning,’ that makes a ‘day.’
Let’s hope God gives you the ability to see it.

Okay, let’s look at that a little more deeply. First of all, I’ve never argued that the coming of the evening and the coming of the morning is not called a day. I never said that. It plainly says it’s a day. Now it could just as easily be called a ‘time’ too. Because the same word translated “day” is the same Hebrew word that’s translated ‘time,’ so it could be “time one.” Though they call it “day one,” it could be called “time one.” I could show you a dozen scriptures where the word yom - day can be translated time.

So, I’m not arguing whether or not the scriptures call it a “day,” what I’m arguing is, it’s not what they call a 24 hour day. It’s not 24 hours.

Deuteronomy 10:10 And I stayed in the mount, according to the first time (day--yom), forty days (yom, same word) and forty nights; and the LORD hearkened unto me at that time also, and the LORD would not destroy thee.

Do you see how they translated time? For the “first time, forty days and forty nights.” If a day is 24 hours, why did he have to say “and nights”? If a day is 24 hours, then forty days would be forty times 24 hours, right? Why then put in forty days AND forty nights? A day includes the night, doesn’t it? NO. That’s why they put it in, because a day does not include the night. This is so basic to the scriptures and yet there’s hardly a person alive who knows this. 2300 times I think, the word “day” or “days” is found in the Old Testament scriptures and I can’t find one that means 24 hours… not one! If you know of one, let me know.

There are lots of verses where you’d think, well that’s a 24 hour day, ‘they went on a seven day journey,‘ or something like that, right? Isn’t that seven 24 hour periods? That’s not what it says. Can the night be included in that? It can. Is that what it means? No. You go on a seven day journey, you start out one morning when the sun comes up, you journey one day… the next day, when the sun comes up, you journey another day… the next day… and you journey seven days. [Attendee: and nights?] No, they would never ‘journey’ at night, you sleep at night, you rest at night.

So, people try to show me, ‘oh, here’s one Ray. “Six days shall you labour and do your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath.” There you go. The Sabbath is a whole day, right? All day from sunset to sunset, you shall keep your Sabbaths, from evening until evening (Lev. 23:32). So, isn’t this an example of a 24 hour day?’ NO. ‘How so?’

He’s not telling us to rest and not do any work for 24 hours, He’s only telling us not to work on the Sabbath DAY, during the daylight. How do we know that? Because He reflects back to the fact that we are to work for six days and then rest the seventh day.

How long were the days that they worked? Twelve hour days. They did not work 24 hours a day, day after day after day for six days, before they took a break. He didn’t say, you shall work for six days and six nights, then you get a break. Six DAYS.

So that doesn’t prove that a day has 24 hours in it at all. Whenever the night is included, it says so. Then it says, day and night. [Even Jesus said there were 12 hours in a day.] Yes He did (John 11:9), nobody believes Him.

Here’s a couple of scriptures. On that last one, “forty days and forty nights” is reckoned as the “the first time” (Heb. Yom/day). So there’s yom, which is translated day, translated “time” here and it lasted for “forty days and forty nights.”

Deu 20:19  When you shall besiege a city a long time (day--yom)…

Joshua 11:18  Joshua made war a long time (yom--day) with all those kings.

1 Sam 7:2 And it came to pass, while the ark abode in Kirjathjearim, that the time (yom--day) was long; for it was twenty years:

How long did that “time” period last? “Twenty years.” It’s called a yom or a day.

1Kings 11:42  And the time (yom--day) that Solomon reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel was forty years.

A forty year ‘day.’

2Kings 10:36  And the time (yom--day) that Jehu reigned over Israel in Samaria was twenty and eight years.

This ‘day’ lasted twenty-eight years!

1Sam 27:7  And the time (yom--day) that David dwelt in the country of the Philistines was a full year and four months.

Here’s one that’s a year and four months. But they are all called a ‘day.’ A yom - a day is often used in scripture to represent a period of time, sometimes consisting of a very long period of time, even years.

Here’s the main point to learn from this section: The way the Bible oftentimes uses a day, like in Genesis where God said, “let there be light… the evening and morning were the first day.” The way that the Bible oftentimes uses the word “day” is not the ‘definition’ of the word day. 

Their contention is this:
1) That this is the DEFINITION of the word “day.”  IT IS NOT.
2) That it was a 24-hour day.  IT IS NOT. 
Both premises are false and unscriptural. Now, let me see if I can make that clear for you.

Joel 2:11 And the LORD shall utter His voice before His army: for His camp is very great: for He is strong that executes His word: for the day (24 hours?) of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Is that day 24 hours long? Now you’ve read everything that happens in “the day of the Lord,” it’s a long period of judgment. It’s not a 24 hour period. So, can you define the word “day” by saying, a day is a long period of time of God’s judgment? That’s the definition of a day? No, it‘s not. That’s a way of using the word day, it is not the definition of the word day. I’ll give you another one in Joel.

Joel 2:2 A day (24hours?) of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness…

So, is a period “of darkness and gloom and thick clouds,” is that the definition of the word day? No. It’s just how that is used in Joel’s prophecy, that’s all.

2 Peter 3:8 …that one day (24 hours?) is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So, is thousand years the definition of the word day? Are you following me? No, a thousand years is not the definition of the word day. Now a day can be defined as a long period of time, as many dictionaries do. I haven’t seen one that defines it as a thousand years. But the Bible uses that example, it’s ‘like’ a thousand years.

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day (24 hours?) that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Okay, what do my detractors say that a day is? 24 hours, that’s the definition they said. Remember they said, it’s the daylight period and the night-time period, that’s a day, 24 hours. Did God create the heavens and the earth and all that in them is, in 24 hours? Well then how can that be the definition of the word ‘day‘? Because here it says, “These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth… IN THE DAY,” singular, one day. It’s got to be more than 24 hours there, doesn’t it? So is 24 hours the definition of the word day? No. No it is not.

Psalms 95:8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day (24 hours?) of temptation in the wilderness:

Is it forty years temptation in the wilderness, if I look in the dictionary at ‘day?’ Forty years temptation in the wilderness? Does that sound like the definition of the word day? ‘What’s a day? Oh a day is forty years temptation in the wilderness.’ Are you crazy? How come people can’t see this stuff? It’s not that hard. But when you despise the word of God, you can’t see anything. 

Now, why is this so important? People say, ‘Ray, is this one of your pet peeves?’ No, I’ll tell you why it’s such a big deal. You have the ‘us’ and the ‘them,‘ right? God is not appointed ‘us’ to wrath, but there is coming wrath, on whom? ‘Them.’

The whole world of non-believers and let’s specifically talk about the scientific community, the ones who’ve studied a good bit of the aspects of both sides of this thing. What is one of the reasons they just flat-out reject the word of God? Because of these two-faced, lying, hypocritical theologians, that’s why. Like this guy who wrote me this email, like he had some vague idea of what he’s talking about. He’s not got a clue.

When somebody suggests to scientists, ‘you know, you ought to obey the scriptures,’ or ‘you ought to believe the Bible.’ They reply, ‘what? Do you really believe that God created this earth six thousand years ago, are you crazy? Here’s five thousand proofs… here’s billions of tons of strata, all of them prove that the earth is very old. You cannot account for five miles of sedimentary rocks which are laid down by water happening in one flood, in a year. Come on! It’s not even conceivable. It took millions and billions of years.’

(From notes)
So it is the Christian theologians and teachers that are causing God and His Word to be blasphemed in the world today. They assume that what teachers teach about the Bible is true. Maybe they never read a word of the Bible, but they know that theologians teach that God created the heavens and the earth six thousand years ago in six 24-hour periods. They know that that’s what is taught and they know that it is foolish nonsense. So they turn their back on God. Little do most of them know that the Scriptures are in total agreement with most of the findings of geologists, scientists, astronomers, etc. It is very important that we know the truth on such vital subjects.

God is being blasphemed among the nations, by whom? By the people like this guy who wrote me this email, ‘Ray, here’s the definition of a day…’ Oh, really!

http://bible-truths.com/audio/DEFINETHEDAY.mp3
Audio 4

DEFINE THE DAY

Let’s get back to our study on ‘the day.’ We want to be able to represent to the world or anybody that asks you, how to prove to them that the scriptural explanation of how God created the heavens and the earth and how long it took and how long ago it was, is in absolute keeping with what science has found. Absolutely.

Not that scientists are right about everything, but as long as they are sticking to their science, almost all scientists are honest. I’ll tell you which science I’ve found where scientists are not honest. The scientists like Stephen Austin and these guys who try to defend the ‘young creation.’ Now I can show you where these people lie or distort or misrepresent. Why would they do that? Because the truth doesn’t uphold their teaching, that’s why. When we get into the talk about Jesus Christ, I’m going to show that too… how people would distort and twist the scriptures and say, ‘well the scriptures says this…’ They say no such thing. Why do they say that then?Because they have to say something to justify their heresy. The truth won’t justify it, so they have to lie.

So he [emailer] says, ‘Ray, here’s the definition of a day, “there came to be evening, there came to be morning... day one.” There’s your day. Daylight… darkness… day/night, one day, 24 hours.’

Let’s look at it. Let’s look at all the words.

Concordant Literal
Gen 1:5 And calling is the Elohim the light "day” (24 hours?)…

Now was that day, the light period, 24 hours? No. Well, they’re in big trouble already in the fifth verse, because it tells us that God called the daylight, day. That’s the definition of a day. “He called the light - DAY.” It’s not 24 hours. If DAY was 24 hours, there wouldn’t be any night. Are you following me? Do you think you could repeat that to somebody?

v. 5 …and the darkness He calls "night (24 hours?)…"

Is that 24 hours? No.

v. 5 …And coming is it to be evening and coming to be morning, day one.

Excuse me, did God change His mind as to what the definition of a day was halfway through a verse? Is He telling us in the first part of the verse that the daylight portion, when the sun is out is called DAY. Now He is telling us that the evening and the morning (it does call a day), which they interpret as being daytime and nighttime is a day, it can’t be both.

(Notes)
This very exact word in Hebrew meaning “he is COMING” or “IT IS COMING” is used hundreds of times in the Old Testament, and we can learn a lot from how it is used.

First, just what in the world does God mean by “it is coming?” Coming from where? Notice this in the Concordant Literal.

Gen. 1:3, And saying is the Elohim, "Become light!" And it is becoming light.
Verse 9  and it is becoming so.
Verse 11 and it is becoming so.
Verse 24 and it is becoming so.
Verse 30 and it is becoming so.

NO, when God gave these commands, it was NOT so, but rather it was “becoming so,” over an extended period of time. So there was not “evening and morning,” as the King James and others say, but only after it CAME to be so, WAS it so.

God told us what DAY is. It’s the light. They say, ‘No, day is the light and the dark.’ Does the scripture say that a day is the light and the dark? Well, they would say, ‘yes, it’s the evening and the morning.’ Jesus Christ didn’t say, And calling is Elohim the MORNING Day, does it? The EVENING He calls Night? Is that what it says? If you look it up in a dictionary, the word ‘day’ and the word ‘morning,’ will it give you the same definition? [No.] Well then how can they be the same? Why does it use different words? It says in the New Testament to distinguish between things that differ. If they’re different, you make that distinction. This is really elementary.

Kat:

What I am trying to show you: If you pay attention to the words and you pray and you meditate, God will show you these things... you can keep finding more and more and more truth, there’s no end.

I have no doubt in my mind, if I went home and spent all week studying, I would find so much more, but I can’t spend my whole life on one subject. Notice that the darkness is NOT called day. Night is not day. 

Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day,

What’s their definition of day? 24 hours, right, their definition of day is 24 hours. Did God make the sun to rule the day for 24 hours? Well then, how can 24 hours be the definition of day? It’s not!

v. …and the lesser light to rule the night:

Is that 24 hours? No, that’s 48 hours… that’s a further definition of day, from 24 and now we’ve got 48.

Now my third point here. If the day is 24 hours, then the sun would rule the day AND the night, right? But He didn’t say He made the sun to rule the day and the night. There’s a major problem with that too and what’s that? If the sun ruled the day and the night, there wouldn’t be any night. They call me stupid… ‘you just teach the milk of the word, Ray.’ They don’t even know what the milk is. Come on.

The sun rules the day, the sun does not rule the night. The day is not 24 hours long. How many proofs do we have now? Six? Eight? How many more do you want… twenty, thirty, we’ll find them. David knew that day and night were two different things.

Psalms 74:16 The day is thine, the night also is thine: you have prepared the light and the sun.

Is the day 24 hours and the night a different 24 hours? That’s 48 hours. David knew there was a difference between day and night and he also mentions there’s a difference between day and night and noontime.

(Notes)
Psalms 55:17  Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice.

So there we have proof that just a “evening and a morning” do not represent a 24 hour cycle, seeing that “at NOON” is also part of David’s prayer day. In fact neither “evening and morning AND NOON” combined represent an entire 24 hour cycle. David did not praying FROM evening UNTIL morning and then FROM morning UNTIL noon, and then again FROM noon UNTIL evening, which would have been a full 24 hour cycle. These represent only three PORTIONS of a 24 hour cycle. If David prayed for one hour in the evening, morning and at noon, it represents in this scriptural example only about 13% of a 24-hour cycle. If evening, morning (and noon) is the definition of a 24-hour day, then David did nothing in his entire life, except pray. He never went to war, never ate, and never slept.

John 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day?

Let’s use their definition, should we? What is a day? The clown just told us, ‘it’s the day and the darkness,’ is what he said, right? 24 hours, right? Alright, instead of using ‘day,’ we’re going to use their definition of day. Now let’s see how stupid these people get, when they despise the word of God.

John 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in 24 hours?

Is that what He said? No, He said there are 12 hours in the day and a day is not 24 hours. If a day is 24 hours, then there can’t be twelve hours in a day. Don’t think I get angry at these people, I only get angry at their stupidity.

2Peter 1:19  We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn (does the ‘day’ dawn at dusk? In the evening? In the dark?), and the DAY STAR arise in your hearts:

Is this ‘milk’ of God’s Word? Is this “day star” a 24 hour star? Can they see anything spiritual? Strong’s: day star: G5459 phōsphoros; light bearing (“phosphorus”), that is, (specifically) the morning star (figuratively): - day star.

He [emailer] said, ‘Ray you would never dare to teach from something spiritual like the book of Revelation. You’ll never attempt the book of Revelation or any other spiritual teaching, because you have no clue as to what’s being talking about. Your flock may not know about this, but I do.’

First of all, the only truths they teach from the book of Revelation is what they learned from me. They wrote 400 pages of commentary on that and then when I showed them how utterly ridiculous it was, they took it off their site and it’s never been back.

All right watch out, Ray is going to teach something ‘spiritual’ from the book of Revelation.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and THE BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR.

Let’s take all this stuff as literal, now. “The bright and morning star.” Dr. Strong, morning: G3720 orthrinos; relating to the dawn, that is, matutinal (as an epithet of Venus, especially brilliant in the early day): - morning.

Then it’s also the bright and MORNING STAR, it is the DAY Star, and that “Day Star” is Jesus, not some physical, unscriptural 24-hour cycle which would also include the NIGHT. Jesus is not called the ‘night star.’ He is not of the night and day star, but “the DAY Star.” Paul says;

1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

“We are not of the night,” like ‘they,’ we are of the DAY. Jesus Christ is the DAY Star, not the night star.

John 9:5  As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

2Peter 1:19  We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the DAY STAR arise in your hearts:

The Day Star means light and the light (Jesus said), consists of twelve hours, not 24.

John 11:9  Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he sees the light of this world.

He talks about you walk in the day, so you don’t stumble, because you can’t see at night. Those are two different things. Now, let’s look at the dictionary definition of DAY:

Day: 1.  The period of LIGHT between dawn and nightfall: The interval from sunrise to sunset. Do you see night in there anywhere? No.

[Attendee: Isn’t that like “evening and morning’ in Genesis 1? Evening when day period ends and morning is the light period begins.] Exactly. How long does that evening last? How long does a morning last? 

(Notes)
‘Well what about Gen 1:5?’ “And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. The evening and the morning were the first day.” (KJV)

Or: “And calling is the Elohim the light "day, and the darkness He calls "night." And coming is it to be evening and coming to be morning, day one.” (CLV)

It does not say: And coming is it to be NIGHT and coming to be DAY, day one.
It does not say: And coming is it to be EVENING and coming is it to be EVENING AGAIN, day one. 
No, here is what it really does say: “And coming is it to be evening [DUSK] and coming is it to be morning [DAWN], day one.” (CLV)

The coming of DUSK & DAWN was “day one,” not the coming of night time and day time. Not 24 hours. Let’s be Scripturally honest, shall we? These verses do not say that coming is it to be night and coming is it to be day, day one… second day… third day… Etc. So Genesis 1 does not prove a ‘day’ means 24 hours, nor does any other Scriptures using “evening and morning” represent a 24 hour period.

You can’t make this assumption that they do, that evening means nighttime. Evening is not nighttime. Evening is dusk, that’s that short period, that transition from light to dark. That’s evening, dusk. 

The transition from darkness to light, what the Bible says morning, it’s dawn, it is a short period. It is not even twelve hours, it is a short period. It doesn’t say, and there came to be nighttime and there came to be daytime. No, “evening” and “morning.” Why?

Because those words in the Hebrew carry a connotation of confusion, shadows, darkness, disarray, chaos, and then we have the light. It’s just God’s way of doing things. You will see that everything that God is doing is that He brings order out of chaos. The first thing that God does in chapter one verse one; “God created the heavens and the earth.”

Then in verse two the earth is in chaos. That’s the way that the Concordant translates it “chaos.”

Gen 1:2 Yet the earth became a chaos and vacant, and darkness was on the surface of the submerged chaos. Yet the spirit of the Elohim is vibrating over the surface of the water. (CLV)

(Notes)
But this is NOT a condition suitable for humanity:

Isa. 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created [Heb: barah - bring a new thing into existence] the heavens; God himself that formed [Heb: yatsar - He ‘yatsar/formed humanity {Gen 2:8} and He yatsar/formed the earth to be inhabited] the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created [Heb: barah] it not in vain, [Heb: tohu--to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), that is, desert; figuratively a worthless thing; adverbially in vain: - confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness] he formed it to be inhabited: [‘to dwell, to inhabit’ Concordant: Gen. 1:2(CLV) Yet the earth became a CHAOS and vacant-uninhabited!], and darkness was on the surface of the submerged chaos. Yet the spirit of the Elohim is vibrating over the surface of the water].

It was submerged in water and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of “the submerged chaos,” the Concordant says. Then He goes through these six cycles of producing something useful. So what is the solution to such uninhabitable, chaotic, DARKNESS? This is amazing stuff: Which came first the chicken or the egg?Which came first, darkness or light?

Isa. 45:7 I form [Heb: yatsar - to mold into a form] the LIGHT, and create [Heb: barah - bring something new into existence] DARKNESS: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Now Gen. 1:3 “And God said, Let there be LIGHT: and there was [Heb: is becoming] light.” The coming of “light” ushers in the six time periods for refashioning chaos into order, from (Gen. 1:2) tohu--to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), that is, desert; figuratively a worthless thing; adverbially in vain: - confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness. To (Gen. 1:31 from Onkelos) “a unified ORDER.”

Does God give us any examples of just how chaos is turned into order? Yes (Gen. 2:11-12 --GOLD and Gems-- and later men have found diamonds. And did God “create/barah” these things in Genesis 1:1 or did “the earth bring them forth” (Gen. 1:11)? Gold and diamonds come from violent and chaotic eruptions of the earth’s surface -VOLCANOES!

The whole plan of human salvation is based on this process of going from “chaos to order.” Read I Cor. 15:42-58.....Human chaos and tragedy to harmonious, spiritual VICTORY!!!

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good.

Onkelos, a famous Jewish Cabbalist translates “very good” to “it was a unified order“.

“And coming is it to be evening and coming to be morning, the sixth day/yom/time.” Some of those old people studied languages and they see things that we don’t see. It started out with chaos and after six periods of chaos and order, and chaos and order, we now have everything was a unified order.

Look at our lives. Look how chaotic our lives are. But God is bringing order out of our chaotic lives. My body is all diseased and riddled with cancer, prostate cancer, bone cancer, from my arms and legs to my skull, to my cheek bones, to my jaw… cancer, that’s chaos. That’s rotting, corruption, confusion, see. But hopefully out of this God is going to bring order, harmony, something good. That’s the way God operates, He always starts with chaos and ends with order. The very first thing, the creation and we find it is all in chaos and no Satan didn’t come in and wreck it. So that’s what this “evening and the morning” is all about. 

Continue definition of DAY:
Day: 2. The light between two nights. 3. Daylight. 4. Daytime. 5. Sunshine. 6. An age.

These are all correct, these are all Scriptural things. Now they do say that one definition here is, 7. the mean solar day of 24 hours, beginning at mean midnight. But that’s a modern usage of it. Now we start the days at midnight and we don’t sleep all night… we’ve got the “third shift” where a lot of people are going to work at midnight, not going to bed. So a day can consist of a night in certain instances. A night can never consist of a day. Do you follow that?

Another major proof that they’re not the same. Nowhere in the Bible will you find a definition of a day being one evening and one morning. There’s no such thing.

end of audio 4

(Notes)
Dictionary definition of NIGHT:
Night: 1. The period from sunset to sunset. 2. The period of actual darkness after sunset and before sunrise. 3. The time from dusk to dawn when no sunlight is visible. 4. Any period or condition of darkness or gloom. 4. A period of intellectual or moral degeneration. 5. A time of grief. 6. Death. The beginning of darkness.

Nowhere in Scripture that I have found is a day specifically composed of both the daylight and the darkness of night. So clearly they are different and must be defined differently.

THE UNSCRIPTURAL ORDINAL NUMBERS ARGUMENT:

ONE day...
Gen 33:13 And he said unto him, My lord knows that the children are tender, and the flocks and herds with young are with me: and if men should overdrive them one day, all the flock will die. Note:

NOT 24 hours. They did not drive the herd all day AND all night long.

TWO days…
Ex. 16:8 And Moses said, This shall be, when the LORD shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full…

Exo 16:29 See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he gives you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

The bread was gather in the morning only - two mornings equals TWO “DAYS.” Now then: Did they eat flesh for 12 hours (all day) and then eat bread for 12 hours (all night). If “evening and morning” means a 24-hour day, then they ate flesh and bread for a total of TWENTY-FOUR HOURS!!

THREE days…
Gen 30:36 And he set three days' journey betwixt himself and Jacob: and Jacob fed the rest of Laban's flocks.

Did they drive them 72 straight hours?

FOUR days…
Judges 11:40 That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

Did they lament for 24 hours a day - NINETY-SIX straight hours? They lamented during the day and then WENT TO BED AT NIGHT.

FIVE days…
Num 11:19 Ye shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days; But even a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils…

Did they eat 24 hrs a day for a month?

SIX days…
Exo 16:21 And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.
v. 22 And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.

SEVEN days…
Gen 31:23 And he took his brethren with him, and pursued after him seven days' journey; and they overtook him in the mount Gilead.

Did they journey for 168 straight hours? No, they journeyed seven DAYS (day-LIGHT, while the SUN WAS SHINING).

EIGHT days…
2Ch 29:17 Now they began on the first day of the first month to sanctify, and on the eighth day of the month came they to the porch of the LORD: so they sanctified the house of the LORD in eight days; and in the sixteenth day of the first month they made an end.

Is there reason to believe they worked 24 hr days?

NINE days…
Num 7:60 On the ninth day Abidan the son of Gideoni, prince of the children of Benjamin, offered:

Did Abidan's offering take 24 hours?

TENTH day…
Exo 12:3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:

Not the tenth NIGHT, nor 24 hours.

ELEVEN days…
Deu 1:2 (There are eleven days' journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadeshbarnea.)

Eleven “days,” or daylight periods, not 264 hours!

TWELVE days…
Ezr 8:31 Then we departed from the river of Ahava on the twelfth day of the first month, to go unto Jerusalem: and the hand of our God was upon us, and he delivered us from the hand of the enemy, and of such as lay in wait by the way.

Since a ‘day’ is the ‘sun-lit’ portion of a mean solar cycle, yet our detractors insist that the creation periods in Genesis one all begin at “evening” which to them is the definition of a day, does anyone really believing that they waited until evening and began this trip IN THE DARK?

THIRTEEN days…
Est 9:18 But the Jews that were at Shushan assembled together on the thirteenth day thereof, and on the fourteenth thereof; and on the fifteenth day of the same they rested, and made it a day of feasting and gladness.

They did not assembly on the 13th day IN THE DARK. Also, if these days represent 24-hour days, then it is not necessary to assemble on the 13th AND 14th AND 15, seeing that on the 14th and 15 they would have ALREADY BEEN ASSEMBLED FROM THE 13th!!

FOURTEEN days…
Est 9:19 Therefore the Jews of the villages, that dwelt in the unwalled towns, made the fourteenth day of the month Adar a day of gladness and feasting, and a good day, and of sending portions one to another.

There is no reason to believe this feast day lasted 24 hours, and then at sunrise of the 15th day, they all went to bed.

FIFTEEN days…
Num 29:12 And on the fifteenth day of the seventh month ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work, and ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days:

I’ve heard of long sermons, but 24 HOURS? Did they eat and feast 24 HOURS A DAY FOR 168 STRAIGHT HOURS!? How many more examples do you want?

Kat:
http://bible-truths.com/audio/ISJESUSGODPT1.mp3
audios 5

IS JESUS “GOD?”
[The origin of the most famous Personality in the history of the Universe is still an enigma to the Church that bears His Name]

Who is Jesus Christ? We talked about worship… should we worship Jesus? Should we pray to Jesus? Or, should we just respect Him as the great man that He was? I think it is a legitimate subject to know the answer to. I talked somewhat about Jesus at the conference a couple of years ago, in Nashville. This is all different, all new stuff.

Now I have six propositions put forth by four or five different people, different churches, different religions as to who or what Jesus is.

SIX UNSCRIPTURAL THEORIES ON CHRIST’S ORIGIN

[1] Jesus is a myth; a religious hoax; an historical fraud… There never was a real Jesus. That’s one theory.

[2] Jesus was not a real person. But He is real in that He is the spiritual principle of all that is or can be good about humanity and its potential for righteousness. He is a spiritual principle rather than a literal, real historical person.

[3] Jesus was a real historical figure, but just a man. Nothing supernatural, nothing divine about Him, just a unique great man.

[4] Jesus was indeed the Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit of His father God in the womb of a human mother.  But had no pre-existence of any kind before becoming human. Jesus was never God and never will be God.

[5] Jesus did exist before his human birth and co-existed with God the Father from eternity. He had no “beginning,” but was the beginner and creator of all else. All was created by God the Father, but it was accomplished through Jesus. Jesus was the instrumentality behind His Father’s creation. Jesus therefore the eternal second person of the Godhead trinity.

[6] Jesus existed as God before His human incarnation and not only was and is He deity; not only was and is He God; but in reality, JESUS ALSO WAS AND IS THE FATHER. Did you know that religions teach that? Some Christians teach that He is not only God; He’s God the Father. Jesus is not a separate individual from His Father, but actually IS THE GOD FATHER changed into a human. Jesus, as God, in either the fifth or sixth theory are the reason why Christian theologians say ‘Jesus did not die on the cross.’ Why? Because He was God and God can’t die! I mean if there’s only one God and He dies, we’re in trouble. Who would resurrect Him if He did die… who would do that?

Now, are there any scriptures to suggest that any of these explanations, of who or what Jesus Christ was, is true? Is there anything in any of these theories? Is there anything that looks like, ‘well that could be true.’ Yes there is. There are several scriptures that could be used to suggest that Jesus Christ is the creator of all and that He is indeed called God. That could be applied to either the fifth or the sixth theory. Well, is this fifth or sixth theory then true? Nope. WHY? Because in spite of the fact that there are some elements of truth, there are also other scriptures that disprove other aspects of the same theory.

These six theories that I gave you, not one of them is true, not one. So we have one left and I think that’s the truth.

There’s a Rock Opera, ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ Anyone ever heard of that? In there, there’s a song - Mary Magdalene sings this song and it’s entitled, ‘I don’t know how to love Him.’ It goes like this…

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR:

I Don't Know How To Love Him
   MARY MAGDALENE--

I don't know how to love him.
What to do, how to move him...
...I don't see why he moves me.
HE’S A MAN. HE’S JUST A MAN
And I've had so many men before,
In very many ways,
He's just one more.
Should I bring him down?
Should I scream and shout?
Should I speak of love,
Let my feelings out?
I never thought I'd come to this.
What's it all about?

Is that Jesus, just a man some girl might fall in lust over, just a man? Now the book that I have is entitled ‘Jesus was not a Trinitarian’ (by Anthony Buzzard) and I agree with that. He goes to some length to scripturally prove that Christ was not a Trinitarian and that there’s not a trinity in the scriptures. But there’s one problem; in wiping out the trinity, he also wipes out a great deal of the character and the glory and the majesty and the divinity of Jesus Christ and reduces Him down to ‘a man.’ He doesn’t say, ‘He’s just a man.’ He says He’s a unique man for sure, sinless, and now seated at the right hand of His Father. But He’s a man, that’s all He ever was, that’s all He ever will be, a man. Only now He’s immortal, an immortal man.

You know I had a falling-out with one of our inner circle, some years ago, who started to teach that Jesus Christ was sin.

2 Cor. 5:21 For He has made Him to be sin for us…

If you study that, you find that it should be “a sin offering.” “He was made to be a sin offering,” not that He was made to be the personification of sin, because the next phrase says;

2 Cor. 5:21  …who knew no sin…

How can you be what you’re not? How can you be an opera singer, if you can’t “carry a tune”? How can you be an airplane pilot, if you’ve never been in an airplane? You can’t be what you’re not! Jesus cannot be sin and not sin. That’s an oxymoron or something.

I’ve thought about this in years past when I didn’t have the full answers to this. Could a man, just a man now, be the Savior of the world? See, if you’re going to argue that Jesus Christ was a man, only a man and nothing divine about him, there are all kinds of problems, just philosophically speaking.

Why would He have to be conceived by God? Why? He’s just a man and men are born all the time. So we want him to be of the line of Judah. All right, fine, let’s get a Jewish boy. You get a Jewish boy and Jewish girl, we’ll marry them and they’ll have a baby boy and he’ll be the Savior of the world. Why not?

Think about it. Let’s think about all the words. Why did Jesus have to be conceived by His Father? Why, if He’s just a man. Jewish women have boys all the time. If He had to be something special above a man, then He was no longer ‘just a man.’ Did I say something wrong? If He had to be something more than a man, then He’s more than a man, He’s not just a man.

Is any Jewish boy’s life worth all the billions of humanity combined? Is any Jewish boy worth that? [attendee: No.] How so?

Why didn’t God say, We need a Jewish boy… Jacobson, we’ll use you, we’re going to crucify you and you’re going to save the world that way. -- ‘Me?’
Yeah, what do you do for a living?  -- ‘I’m a carpenter.’
Yeah, that will do. You’re a carpenter, okay. We’ll kill you and that way I’ll save the whole world. -- ‘Of what value am I that my life is worth more than the whole world of humanity, billions of people?
What would God say?  Well yeah, you’re worth more than the rest of humanity put together. -- ‘How so? Why?’

So why was He conceived by God? If God wanted a man He could have chosen any man. If He wanted him to be born of a virgin… fine, he could be born of a virgin. But why did He have to be conceived by God Himself? WHY?

[Attendee: To have the spirit of God with Him from birth.] Well the Spirit of God was with a lot of people from birth. But then again, if He had God’s Spirit in a ‘special’ way from birth and it’s a little boy… He wasn’t just a man. Because no man goes through his teenage years without lusting after a pretty girl. So He had to be more than just a man. ‘Just a man’ lusts and that’s a sin. If He sinned, He can’t be the Savior of the world, He is not the perfect sacrifice. We need a perfect sacrifice that is flawless. There is no human being that is flawless. Jesus Christ said so Himself.

Matthew 19:16-17 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And He said unto him, Why callest thou Me good? there is none good but one, that is, God:

Now we’re going to make a second “good” one. But out of just a man? JUST a man? If Jesus is just a man and that’s all it takes to save the world, God could have used any Jewish boy to be the Savior of the world. I don’t think any of you really believe that would have worked. There’s more to Jesus Christ than just the fact that He was born like any other human being.

We need to be careful because if we let our minds go too far overboard here we’ll be like the man who told Bob (sitting back in the last row), ‘why Jesus Christ’s very fingernails were sin.’ Then he said, ‘Jesus Christ was no better than I am.’ Whoa, be careful!

Hebrews 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
v. 29 how much worse punishment, do you suppose, shall he be thought worthy of, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, (that’s the blood of Jesus Christ) wherein He was sanctified, an unholy thing…

“An unholy thing” is the word ‘koinos’ (Strong’s 2839) it means common, something that is shared by all or several. 

In other words, just a man, same as any other man, common. It is also translated as ‘unclean’ when talking about ceremonial things.

Greek-English Keyword Concordance:
Common, belonging to all equally, by implication, NOT SACRED, contaminating (“to make common”).

Vines Concise Dictionary of the Bible:
Koinos - common, ordinary; belonging to the generality as distinct from something that is peculiar.

Of course this is precisely what the Rock Opera Jesus Christ Superstar has done with Jesus. They have demeaned Christ down to somebody that Mary Magdalene wants to commit adultery with.

So it is, woe be if you consider the blood of Jesus Christ to be like any other man’s blood. Yet one man told me that ‘His blood was no better than mine.’ Whoa, I would fear to even think something like that, let alone say it.

He was not common. He was not what is shared by everyone. It says

Php 2:7 …and took upon Him the form of a servant…

Rom 8:3 …God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh…

Heb 2:7  You made Him a little lower than the angels;

He took on the form of a servant and He was made like unto sinful flesh and He was made a little lower than the angels… it’s not talking about somebody who came out in a natural childbirth. He was MADE. The scriptures say He was “made a little lower (or for a little while lower) than the angels.” WHY? So He could die!

Excuse me, if Jesus Christ were only a man, He would HAVE to die. Are you following me? Every human being that is born, dies.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto (all) men once to die,

Jesus Christ had to be MADE a certain way, so that He could die. Do you believe it or do you despise the Word of God? God is not going to put the next world in charge under an angelic rulership and so on.

Hebrews 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that You art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
v. 7 You made him a little lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honour, and did set him over the works of your hands:
v. 8 You have put all things in subjection under his feet.

This is talking about humanity, you know:

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.

“Dominion,” He put all in subjection under humanity, He left nothing that is not put under him.

Heb 2:8  Thou hast put all things in subjection under his (humanity) feet. For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him (under humanity).
v. 9 But we see Jesus, who was MADE…

You see that word, He was MADE. He wasn’t always that way. He had to be MADE that way. Now, if He were just a man born of a woman, He wouldn’t have had to be made anything.  Any man born of a woman will die. “It is appointed unto all men once to die,” but the only way Jesus could die was that God had to MAKE Him lower than the angels, so that He could die. Are you following me? Does it make sense? That Jesus was not ‘just’ born, before He got to the process of actually being born. He had to be MADE something else from what He was. WHY? Because what He was, He couldn’t die. God didn’t force this on Him. We learn all through the scriptures, Jesus Christ ‘volunteered.’

John 10:17  Therefore doth my Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again.
v. 18  No man takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

He said nobody takes My life. God the Father did not say, I’m going to sacrifice You, come hell or high water and You aren’t going to have nothing to say about it. He said, “I lay down My life,” “I” do it, He says. He volunteered.

So, He was made a little lower than the angels for or because of the fact that He had to die.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

So Mr. Buzzard in his book says, He wasn’t just a man, but He was a man and He wasn’t anything more than a man. But certainly a unique man. He wouldn’t do like this other acquaintance of mine, calling Him common or unclean. But he says, He’s very unique, very commendable in every way, but He was a human being and nothing more.

He says, there was no preexisting Son of God as distinct from Jesus who did not preexist”/I] (page 142). Jesus, not God IS the “alpha and omega” who died (Revelation 1:08). God can not die, (I Tim. 6:16).

But what he fails to teach is what it says in Philippians 2:6-7 and Hebrews 2:9. Jesus “EMPTIED Himself” of His prior glories, so that HE COULD DIE. That’s what it says there in Hebrews. He had to be made different from any other normal Jewish man, so that He could die. Men who are born naturally of a woman through impregnation of a natural husband do not have to be made a certain way, so that they can die. They all die. 

But Jesus had to be made lower than the angels.  Now it says a “little lower,” but the Greek is “a little while lower.” Study that phrase… “a little while lower.” How long? Well, about 33 years… a little while. 

‘What about after that?’ He is going to be given back all the glory He had. ‘What about before those 33 years?’ He had all that glory. We have an interval in there... a little while. There’s no reason in the world to put that phrase in there that He would be made lower than the angels for a little while, if He hadn’t even existed in some other state that had to be changed so that He could die.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version