bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeling Weary  (Read 6071 times)

smeacham

Feeling Weary
« on: March 10, 2010, 02:21:10 AM »

Please humor me tonight.  Life is hard, and I usually bear it with a smile and persevere.  However, tonight I feel a great weight upon me - a weight that presses me to fall before God and pray.  I just need to let it out in a safe environment, surrounded by friends and saints.  Forgive me disjointed thoughts - my brain doesn't work so good this late.

Oh Father,
What a life it's been.  You have been gracious to me and sustained me without fail.  When I stop and think of sorrows and troubles, I would collapse if not for You.  I'm not strong enough.  The faith and understanding You've given me - they sustain me, and You lift me up with Your strong right hand.  Tomorrow it will be OK and I'll re-enter the fray.  You'll protect me and allow me to focus on one thing at a time.  But tonight Lord, I need you to hold me.

So many that I love have abandoned me.  They avoid me and curse me, but mostly they dishonor themselves and You.  Please forgive me when it's my fault, Lord, and make me more like You next time.  My own daughter disowns and hates me, yet she accuses me of what she herself does.  Others believe her and enable her, to her own harm.  Forgive her and forgive them, Lord, and forgive me my own hard heart because I so easily want to give up or get mad anymore.  My wife hurts all the time with so many ailments and so much stress, yet she lends me her own strength when mine fails.  Bless her, Lord, and bless You for giving her to me.

I used to feel affirmed by my work, Lord, and became proud.  Thank You for humbling me, as much as it hurts.  Please keep me that way, no matter what I may say.  I know it is what I need.  Thank you for providing for my family and I throughout it all.

Why do I turn to others for affirmation?  My only real comfort is in You!  It still hurts when my teachers and mentors of old turn their backs.  Why?  It hurts and troubles me so much when my peers and coworkers do not heed my warnings, and follow a path to destruction.  Sometimes I scream "STOP!" and I always want to, but nobody listens.  Does Jesus feel this way when He shows the people the way?

I walk the path You've laid before me.  Oh Lord, are You not the God of heaven? You alone rule over all nations. Power and might are only found in Your hand, and nobody can withstand You.  Please confirm my steps each day and every hour.  Do not let me go astray, and please don't let me waste any more precious time on things that macht nichts.

Thank you for the peace you give me, and the restful heart.  I still feel weary, but now I feel so much better.  God, bless those that love You, and keep them going as you do me.

I love You, Lord.  Amen

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Feeling Weary
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 02:32:39 AM »

I feel like this.............
Psa 6:6  I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
Psa 69:3  I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.

Then I read this...........
Jer 31:25  For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.

You have found a great place for safe care my friend.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:50:13 AM »

steve, i have thought of you many times. wondering how you are doing and missing your comments in our safe place. i have read your prayer and i also lift you up to God the Father. He IS faithful, and He will NEVER leave you, nor forsake you. i am sorry for the pain you have feel because of loved ones turning their back on you. but be assured that your God and Father will NOT turn His back on you. you are looking to Him and He sees you, and knows the hurt in your heart. stand strong in the faith that He has given you, and continue to rest your hope on Him.

claudia

G. Driggs

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 03:52:32 AM »

Why do I turn to others for affirmation?  My only real comfort is in You!  It still hurts when my teachers and mentors of old turn their backs.  Why?  It hurts and troubles me so much when my peers and coworkers do not heed my warnings, and follow a path to destruction.  Sometimes I scream "STOP!" and I always want to, but nobody listens.  Does Jesus feel this way when He shows the people the way?

I have been asking myself the same question lately Steve, every time I seek the affirmation or approval of others I get let down. It is not their fault, I think God wants us to seek His and only His affirmation and approval and to find comfort in Him alone. To me it's like that song "looking for love in all the wrong places".

You ask if Jesus ever felt this way when they do not listen or heed warnings, I think so. Here is what Jesus said on His way to Jerusalem before His crucifixion.

Luke 19:41 And, when he drew near, beholding the city, he wept over it, saying––
Luke 19:42 If thou hadst got to know, in this day, even thou, the conditions of peace. . . ​But, now, are they hid from thine eyes:
Luke 19:43 Because days will have come upon thee, that thine enemies will throw around a rampart against thee, and enclose thee; and hem thee in from every side,––
Luke 19:44 And will level thee with the ground, and thy children within thee, and will not leave, stone on stone, within thee: because thou didst not get to know the season of thy visitation.

Someday they will see and welcome Him Whom they did not know.

Matt 23:37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!
Matt 23:38 See, your house is left to you desolate.
Matt 23:39 For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

Hang in there bro, all is of God, as I'm sure you know.

Peace, G.Driggs

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 10:19:31 AM »

Steve

I recognize your cry. It sounds all too familiar to mine!  ;) :)

It still hurts when my teachers and mentors of old turn their backs.  Why?

They are not your/our teachers or mentors Steve.  They have been your/our blind guides but they will not always be blind. You know that each one of us had to be one of them to be called, dragged out of errors and Babylonian Egyptian Pagan false beliefs. It is the Plan of God and the process of His work.

It hurts and troubles me so much when my peers and coworkers do not heed my warnings, and follow a path to destruction.  Sometimes I scream "STOP!" and I always want to, but nobody listens.

Deaf ears can not listen. Blind eyes can not see. You/we cannot do God’s job. It is only the Spirit of Christ that can stop anyone. No yelling, no shouting, no screaming and not even putting a stadium size light into their eyes will open their ears or their eyes. Ray has written about the same such thing when he was first to use this analogy of a light in blind eyes still results in blind eyes.

Your/our warnings are futile and so they should be because NO ONE is appointed to a path of destruction as an end in itself but as a means where God will show His Mercy and only as a means to an end when God will be all in all. That is ALL in ALL not just a few and everyone else goes to Hell. No!

Does Jesus feel this way when He shows the people the way?

Jesus knows the beginning from the end. He is GOD. God will have all is Will done that is to save, heal, correct and set right everyone. Every knee will bow not just the few. You know all this don’t you Steve - course you do!

I am glad you feel better. You have recieved some timeless comforts here in what has already been shared with you by others.

Arc

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 05:31:43 PM »

Hi Steve, as you already know that for our cup to be filled with something new, the old stuff has to be poured out. Its painful for both things to happen, but count it all joy for all things will finally come to full circle. Your cup will run over, and when it does, many will want some of it.

Peace
Roy

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:13:06 PM »

Steve,
You already know that you are loved and you already know that I am praying for you....
don't lose heart, stay strong..God is not far away...he is here in this place comforting you..
You're not alone in hurts and wrongs. Many here are in a place similar to yours..we are all in this life together....You'll feel us all holding you up...I have felt it many times... :)
Kathy :'(

Phil3:10

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »

Steve,
I have been where you are and experienced much the same. My only hope is in GOD and the knowledge and wisdom that HE has me right where HE wants me right now.  If there is anything that might be akin to hell it has to be this carnal life and the experiences we sometimes face therein. However, HIS promise is faithful and true. Bless HIS Holy Name.
In HIM,

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 07:46:45 PM »

Steve,

I think this is this first time I've corresponded with you, but I feel like I've known you for awhile. When I was reading your post, my heart immediately begin to sound the alarm. That's me! That's me! it rang and it conjured up the feelings I felt while in that predicament. That's not a nice feeling, but what encourages me is we have so many brothers and sisters who've experienced the same feelings. They know that God will bring you through because He brought them through. My brother here at BT reminded me what Jesus told Peter: "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you Simon, that your faith may not fail, And when you have turned back strengthen your brothers". Steve, Steve, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat, but Jesus is praying for you right now that your faith fails not. What better ally to have. Jesus only roots for losers. Steve you're a loser.. [pun intended; how's that for encouragement?] so cheer up because He's going to make sure you win!! ;D ;)  You asked for humor, hope that made you smile :-\

In Love,

Charles

P.S. I know you are seasoned in the word of God. Reading your post once more, I realized God was strengthening you as you posted. Keep pushin' and be encouraged B.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:58:15 PM by Liberated Eagle »

lauriellen

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 08:35:51 PM »

Steve,
I have been where you are and experienced much the same. My only hope is in GOD and the knowledge and wisdom that HE has me right where HE wants me right now.  If there is anything that might be akin to hell it has to be this carnal life and the experiences we sometimes face therein. However, HIS promise is faithful and true. Bless HIS Holy Name.
In HIM,

sorry, i don't know how to use the 'quote' thingy very well, but just wanted to
second what phil3:10 said.....very well said....
also, i was listening to a song this morning and the words are something like:
     "its sad to say that this pain is killing me inside
      but its time to say that this pain is keeping me alive
      twisting and turning it rips through my heart
      its been tearing me apart."
and then it struct me, that in a way, that is how God does His work in us.
it is so terribly painful to be sure, but the old man MUST be destroyed, ripped
apart to become a new creation. then i read this scripture and it really helped
me:
Heb 4:12  For the Word of God is living, and powerfully working, and sharper than every two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of both soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge of the thoughts and intentions of the heart;
it sorta made me see that there is a purpose to all this pain....hope this might help you alittle too....hang in there, i know it will all be worth it someday.
love and prayers to you, 
lauriellen
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:47:20 PM by mharrell08 »

mharrell08

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »

Hello Lauriellen,

Sorry to alter your message but just thought I'd lend a hand. Select the 'modify' option on the message above and notice the layout. Keep that in mind next time you would like to quote a comment and then post your reply.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Roy Coates

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 11:00:33 PM »

what a wonderful prayer thanks for sharing you in my prayers peace

smeacham

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 11:46:17 PM »

...please don't let me waste any more precious time on things that macht nichts.
Oh my, I was pretty messed up last night.  I can tell because sometimes I slip into German when I'm really stressed.  Heh.
...when my peers and coworkers do not heed my warnings, and follow a path to destruction...
That came out awful religious sounding, but it really wasn't.  I work in a very political workplace, which causes me tremendous frustration.  I can't say any more than that here.  And the ones that "turn their backs" - well, I've lost a number of friends on Facebook lately, which I just discovered yesterday - ones I never thought would judge and forsake me, without comment, without even an attempt to "correct" me.  Religious people, yes, but they were friends.

Thank you for your support, prayers, comfort, scriptures, humor, and advice.  I treasure it all.  My flesh was opposed to this public display, but my spirit groaned until I obeyed.  I'm glad I did.

And Lauri, I saw you post those lyrics and scripture on Facebook this morning.  I think I agree with you - this is all part of God's work in my life, and it is all good when viewed from His perspective.

Steve

walt123

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 04:11:56 AM »

I hear you ,steve
Just want to add one more thing with the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ0NLyB6K8U

walt

hummer

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 07:57:51 AM »

Please humor me tonight.  Life is hard, and I usually bear it with a smile and persevere.  However, tonight I feel a great weight upon me - a weight that presses me to fall before God and pray.  I just need to let it out in a safe environment, surrounded by friends and saints.  Forgive me disjointed thoughts - my brain doesn't work so good this late.

Oh Father,
What a life it's been.  You have been gracious to me and sustained me without fail.  When I stop and think of sorrows and troubles, I would collapse if not for You.  I'm not strong enough.  The faith and understanding You've given me - they sustain me, and You lift me up with Your strong right hand.  Tomorrow it will be OK and I'll re-enter the fray.  You'll protect me and allow me to focus on one thing at a time.  But tonight Lord, I need you to hold me.

So many that I love have abandoned me.  They avoid me and curse me, but mostly they dishonor themselves and You.  Please forgive me when it's my fault, Lord, and make me more like You next time.  My own daughter disowns and hates me, yet she accuses me of what she herself does.  Others believe her and enable her, to her own harm.  Forgive her and forgive them, Lord, and forgive me my own hard heart because I so easily want to give up or get mad anymore.  My wife hurts all the time with so many ailments and so much stress, yet she lends me her own strength when mine fails.  Bless her, Lord, and bless You for giving her to me.

I used to feel affirmed by my work, Lord, and became proud.  Thank You for humbling me, as much as it hurts.  Please keep me that way, no matter what I may say.  I know it is what I need.  Thank you for providing for my family and I throughout it all.

I walk the path You've laid before me.  Oh Lord, are You not the God of heaven? You alone rule over all nations. Power and might are only found in Your hand, and nobody can withstand You.  Please confirm my steps each day and every hour.  Do not let me go astray, and please don't let me waste any more precious time on things that macht nichts.

Thank you for the peace you give me, and the restful heart.  I still feel weary, but now I feel so much better.  God, bless those that love You, and keep them going as you do me.

I love You, Lord.  Amen

hummer

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 08:01:02 AM »

Sorry all I clicked the wrong category.

Skip

Nelson

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 11:20:15 AM »

So many that I love have abandoned me.  They avoid me and curse me, but mostly they dishonor themselves and You.  Please forgive me when it's my fault, Lord, and make me more like You next time.  My own daughter disowns and hates me, yet she accuses me of what she herself does.  Others believe her and enable her, to her own harm. 
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your prayer. As I was reading a few thoughts came to mind which I'd like to share,

• "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you" (Mt 5:11,12)

• "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you" (1 Pe 5:6,7)

• "For I considered all this in my heart, so that I could declare it all: that the righteous and the wise and their works are in the hand of God. People know neither love nor hatred by anything they see before them"

• "So now we call the proud blessed, for those who do wickedness are raised up; They even tempt God and go free. Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who meditate on His name. "They shall be Mine," says the LORD of hosts, "On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him." Then you shall again discern between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him" (Mal 3:15-18)

Indeed ALL is of God and isn't that glorious? But it doesn't always feel that way, especially when we see the wicked works of others and they seem to 'get away' with it. It is hard to see the evil in the world and the injustices that exist. But as clay in His hands we are changed according to the pleasure of His will knowing that all He does for us is for our profit and benefit. Take comfort in knowing that it is ordered by Him and that He will, in time, reveal to you an understanding of what He is doing IN YOU in this present season,

• "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren" (Ro 8:28,29)

• "For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God" (2 Cor 4:15)

Amen to that. I'm glad it is God doing these things rather than men as it gives me comfort to know that it is part of my 'conforming' to endure them. It also helps me to allay any fears about the things happening around me and in the world today.

Thanks again for sharing your prayer with us, may it be a blessing to all who share in it and to you too brother.

Grace and peace to you and yours in Christ Jesus our Lord

Nelson

smeacham

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 12:28:53 AM »

Thanks again for sharing your prayer with us, may it be a blessing to all who share in it and to you too brother.

Grace and peace to you and yours in Christ Jesus our Lord

Nelson

Thanks, mate.

judith collier

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 06:12:20 AM »

Dearest Steve, the Lord said, "put me in remembrance of my word." So, Lord, "my yoke is easy and my burden is light" Please yoke Steve up with You and share His burden and never let him forget his brothers and sisters in Christ who will always be there for him. Never have I in 67 yrs. NOT had a brother or sister appear on the scene when I needed someone. "Never will I leave you or forsake you" Turn it around for Steve God, lift him up, "if you love me, my Father in heaven will love you and I will manifest myself to you" Manifest yourself Lord to Steve in a way that is particular and "peculiar" for we are a peculiar people. "Those who wait upon the Lord will rise up like eagles, they will run and not be weary" Amen Love, judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.