bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 6361 times)

orion77

Farewell
« on: June 21, 2006, 03:34:59 AM »

I am now 46 years old, which is still young.  God first started dragging me to His truths 27 years ago.  It has not been one of the norm, like the many in the world today.  Through many hardships as a young man, as we all go through, it was through the first sincere prayer in this life, that brought God into this life.

It has been a hard walk when looked carnally, but when viewed as one of a spiritual walk, it has been good, very good.  Many lessons learned and stilll learning.  I pray that I never get too smart.  At least not for my own britches.  

He gave me some great experiences in the Spirit, that I have never heard of before.  Being still young and not knowing anything about wolves dressed in sheeps clothing, brought many hardships upon myself, nonetheless lessons learned, the hard way.

It's as if He has gone backwards with me.  I saw the whole truth, right then and there after that prayer, He does hear prayer, wow, yet I had no foundation.  Because of the bitter persecution, I had to rely upon my own wisdom, before I learned of His word.  Needless to say with nobody to talk to and not having any sure knowledge in His word, it was hard.

I can not go into depth of all the testimony God has given me, for I have learned that some of it is between Him and me, personally.  The most important thing that can be said of the testimony He has given me, is the love He has for us.  This is what was shown to me first, so strong, true and powerful is His love, words can do no justice.  But, because I have been accused many times on this forum, to be talking about some lovey type of love.  To be accused by some on this forum, over and over again of this, it grieves the Spirit within.

I have truly been blessed in learning from many on this forum, but it is time to move on, to grow in faith.  It has become stagnant, sad to say.  I have started many threads, only to be ignored, and the threads have good potential to benefit the body of Christ.

Yet, as God has seen fit to put me through many, many situations over the years, that there really is only a small amount of people, who claim to know Christ, really do know Him.  Is the same everywhere, in churches, out of churches, forums and the like.  

When one starts to talk about the love of God, subtle accusations begin to pop up, then they boil to a blister, with constant accusations.  Yet, to be honest, I would not want it any other way, for they bear witness to me that His Spirit is in me.  I would never want to be accepted in this world for my belief in Jesus.  This is when hypocrisy creeps in, and takes root.

It is no wonder, why Jesus spoke the words, would He find faith in the earth?  Please do not take this the wrong way, for I am not any better than another, in fact I feel like Paul.  

Through these experiences God has put me through has taught me, that if you are true hearted with Him, you will suffer persecution and people will imagine all kinds of things and do all they can to destroy your name and reputation.  Being crucified is not an easy death.

So, with this, I leave you and hope you continue to grow in faith.  It has truly been a pleasure.

God bless,

Gary

mercie

Farewell
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:37:49 AM »

Gary.

Please Check your Pm.

Gill

Farewell
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 08:13:29 AM »

Gary, i for one, don't think you're talking about some 'lovey dovey' kind of love ~ don't worry about it too much, especially where the internet is concerned ...lots of misunderstandings etc.  Someone can get labeled quickly because they often mention one of God's attributes (even though God is love).  

If you harp on about grace ~ you obviously love sin ...if you harp on about love ~ you're a spiritual hippie ...if you focus on righteousness ~ you're a legalist  :shock: ...and on ...and on :lol: .  

I don't know who's said what to you, Gary, but let it be water off a duck's back, God knows your thoughts ...maybe stay out of threads that look like they'll be going down the pan anytime soon.

mercie

Farewell
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 08:18:16 AM »

If you harp on about grace ~ you obviously love sin ...if you harp on about love ~ you're a spiritual hippie ...if you focus on righteousness ~ you're a legalist  ...and on ...and on
Gill.

This did cause a smile. :D

rocky

Farewell
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 10:32:10 AM »

Hope you stay Gary, you are a blessing and your love for your Savior radiates off of you.  Your humble spirit is much appreciated by me here.

Daniel

Farewell
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 10:44:25 AM »

Amen, Gary I PMed you brother

Peace

Daniel

gmik

farewell
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 01:39:13 PM »

If you leave the forum will you still be reading Ray & Mike.  will you check in to read the forum but not respond????

From one kentuckian to another, we need your thoughts and contributions to the forum.  Take a breather and come back.  We do need you. WE have to have a balance here. If all us lovey-doveys leave that leaves what::??? just the hawks-lovers of letter of law but not the spirit.
Those of us who are new and learning can't always discern....like I didn't feel really lovey toward that Malachi guy and the black Jesus thing.  But with balanced teaching here I can find the right way.

Well, God Bless You, Hope to hear from you again here.  But as the Lord wills.  You will be missed!!

Harryfeat

Farewell
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 02:23:17 PM »

Hello Gary,

Your participation on this forum has been a gift to me.  I have gained much from your posts.  I fear that I have not been able to give even a smidgeon as much as I have received.

I think it is wise to periodically examine where we are in life and perhaps make a change where growth has been stymied.  I grieve that you have not found enough to sustain your continued participation here.

Please know that our prayers are for your continued growth through God's love.

Peace and love from your brothers and sisters gathered in fellowship here.

feat
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 04:39:23 PM by Harryfeat »

prarrydog

Farewell
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 09:31:47 PM »

Gary,

There is no doubt that this forum needs to change.  I think everybody feels that the bickering has gotten out of control.  You are yet another one of the "good ones" who are leaving.  How will things get better.  I ask you to reconsider.

with love

orion77

Re: Farewell
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 11:04:14 AM »

Thank you all for the kind words.  This forum is one of the only places I can truly communicate with others.  It has been an oasis and have learned more than you can know.

If I have offended anybody, please forgive me, for it was never intended.  The ole beast from time to time has a tendency to raise his ugly head, so, I needed to take some time and get things straightened out.

I look forward to learning more and growing in faith to the truths that are Gods.

God bless,

Gary

PS- cool new forum, now I have to learn all these new things.   8)

Chris R

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 10:45:32 PM »

Hello Bobby,

My brethren, be not many masters [Teachers] , knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.    For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body.  Jam 3:1-2

How then do we apply scripture? not as the religious hobbyists do, one to the other, but rather we apply scripture to ourselves.

Chris R.

ned

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 11:35:18 PM »

Well Gary, as I type this I see you are still "on-line", and am glad to see this farewell testimony was indeed not final. As a newbie, I feel I need to be cautious about what I post because the forum is so open to anyone (as is any church) it is subject at all times to ridicule and mockery by even Satan himself, so I was not surprised to read your farewell letter with the reasons behind it. But just like in a church (building), we should not aim at pleasing anybody, but pleasing the Lord only, because when we start to worry about what others think, it takes our focus off of God. 

Heb 12:3  For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

A relationship with Christ is personal (as you know) (thank God) and no one can take that from us, God alone knows our thoughts (and those of our opposers) and he will judge all in His time.  We can't forget to press onward with perseverance the race marked out for us, and keep our eyes on Christ (alone).

I am right now feeling how nice it would be to have real-truth believers (only) to fellowship with, because I don't know any of the 350+ members on this forum, but for right now this is where God has led me, because there are no real physical people for me to fellowship with in my home town, although that would have been my choice over the internet, however my plans and God's plans will not always be the same...I know I need to trust Him as a Father who provides for his children.

We can deal with this issue effectively because we are warned: 2Thes 3:11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

1John 4:6  We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby,  know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Thanks for sticking it out, you've given me courage.
Praise be to the truth of God!
Let us pray daily for His sincere followers!
Marie

orion77

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 01:41:40 AM »

Marie, thanks for those kind words of encouragment.  I, too have nobody to discuss these truths with where I live.  My preferences would be face to face with others, but that is just not happening now.  When I look back in history and think of others who have come before us, who did not have the luxury of the internet to fellowship with, they must have suffered far worse than I can imagine.

The spiritual treasure God opens to us, is not like a physical treasure, because nobody cares to listen in this world.  It is amazing how God works, truly His kingdom is not of this world.  It's in exact opposition to this world, especially the religions of this world.  I am just in eager expectation of the spiritual truths of God, more and more.  Look forward to the day when we will see it all, if that is possible.

God bless,

Gary

mongoose

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 11:16:36 AM »

Gary
When I look back in history and think of others who have come before us, who did not have the luxury of the internet to fellowship with, they must have suffered far worse than I can imagine.

I was just thinking about this.  Talking through a computer is not ideal...but how blessed are we that we can communicate at all.

mongoose

ned

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 02:51:53 PM »

Yes, I'll definitely take the internet over nothing, God has blessed us with such an awesome method of communicating. No doubt the internet is a tool God is using for making sure all nations will know about Him!
Marie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.