bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repentance a MAJOR Door to understanding!  (Read 10737 times)

aqrinc

Re: Repentance a MAJOR Door to understanding!
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 03:23:39 PM »

Words mean things, some words mean many things, some really difficult words mean many more things on very different levels. I pulled these definitions from Synonyms.com to help bring some more depth of understanding what the words say, and could in mean in varying circumstances. If it was easy there would be no need for study, but it is not easy so sorry to say, we need to study more always.

Here is my counsel on this one; lighten up folks, we all learn at different speeds, GOD Is Not stamping out clones. The greatest thing about this life's journey is: All our different pathways converge at JESUS CHRIST The Righteous Savior And King Of Kings (currently in the making us

Synonyms for responsible

Similarity of adj responsible

3 senses of responsible

Sense 1:
responsible (vs. irresponsible)
accountable
answerable
amenable
liable
trustworthy
Also See: obligated#1; prudent#1; trustworthy#1, trusty#1

Sense 2:
responsible, responsible for(predicate)

causative (vs. noncausative)

Sense 3:
creditworthy, responsible

trustworthy (vs. untrustworthy), trusty

Joh 6:63 (MKJV)
It is the Spirit that makes alive, the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit and are life.

Read these Scriptures below with Christ admonition (The flesh profits nothing; the Words I Speak are Spirit and Life.)

Rom 14:1-23 (GW)
1  Welcome people who are weak in faith, but don't get into an argument over differences of opinion.
2  Some people believe that they can eat all kinds of food. Other people with weak faith believe that they can eat only vegetables.
3  People who eat all foods should not despise people who eat only vegetables. In the same way, the vegetarians should not criticize people who eat all foods, because God has accepted those people.

4  Who are you to criticize someone else's servant? The Lord will determine whether his servant has been successful. The servant will be successful because the Lord makes him successful.
5  One person decides that one day is holier than another. Another person decides that all days are the same. Every person must make his own decision.

6  When people observe a special day, they observe it to honor the Lord. When people eat all kinds of foods, they honor the Lord as they eat, since they give thanks to God. Vegetarians also honor the Lord when they eat, and they, too, give thanks to God.

7  It's clear that we don't live to honor ourselves, and we don't die to honor ourselves.
8  If we live, we honor the Lord, and if we die, we honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
9  For this reason Christ died and came back to life so that he would be the Lord of both the living and the dead.

10  Why do you criticize or despise other Christians? Everyone will stand in front of God to be judged.
11  Scripture says, "As certainly as I live, says the Lord, everyone will worship me, and everyone will praise God."
12  All of us will have to give an account of ourselves to God.

13  So let's stop criticizing each other. Instead, you should decide never to do anything that would make other Christians have doubts or lose their faith.
14  The Lord Jesus has given me the knowledge and conviction that no food is unacceptable in and of itself. But it is unacceptable to a person who thinks it is.

15  So if what you eat hurts another Christian, you are no longer living by love. Don't destroy anyone by what you eat. Christ died for that person.
16  Don't allow anyone to say that what you consider good is evil.

17  God's kingdom does not consist of what a person eats or drinks. Rather, God's kingdom consists of God's approval and peace, as well as the joy that the Holy Spirit gives.

18  The person who serves Christ with this in mind is pleasing to God and respected by people.
19  So let's pursue those things which bring peace and which are good for each other.

20  Don't ruin God's work because of what you eat. All food is acceptable, but it's wrong for a person to eat something if it causes someone else to have doubts.
21  The right thing to do is to avoid eating meat, drinking wine, or doing anything else that causes another Christian to have doubts.

22  So whatever you believe about these things, keep it between yourself and God. The person who does what he knows is right shouldn't feel guilty. He is blessed.

23  But if a person has doubts and still eats, he is condemned because he didn't act in faith. Anything that is not done in faith is sin.

george :).

claypot

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 05:27:43 PM »

The greatest thing about this life's journey is: All our different pathways converge at JESUS CHRIST The Righteous Savior And King Of Kings (currently in the making

I thought this especially good, George. Thanks.

cp

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 07:25:09 PM »

Thanks for the edification Kat! :)

This thread has gone right off the rails of the topic!

Repentance is the topic not accountability and responsibiltiy that could be a new thread.

As you were saying Longhorn :D ;D

Arc

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 03:23:51 AM »

Folks,

I need to study these issues for my own understanding.

I hope that the thread will remain available to read even when enough has been written.

Indianabob

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 04:10:12 AM »

I hope so too Indianabob.

I don't think this Thread has even started going anywhere yet :)

Maybe no one thinks repentance is necessary to understanding?

What did anyone understand after God with His Goodness brings us to repent. I know there are two very important scriptures that show the difference in worldly suffering and Godly suffering. I enjoy how Ray puts deep emphasis on Repentance and the way Christ showed the significance of it in being able to see the Truth. It is a very important subject with many ramifications in our being able to apply and understand the Truth.

Arc

G. Driggs

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »

Hi Arc, very good topic.

I thought and prayed about it for a few days and re-read Ray's paper on repentance, and came up with these two Scriptures. Not sure if they are what you were referring to though.

Mat 7:5  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye (repent); and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

2Co 7:10  For the grief according to God works repentance to salvation, not to be regretted, but the grief of the world works out death.  

This to me means first the goodness of God needs to lead us to repentance and quite sinning as much as is possible in this age, in this flesh, then and only then will we be able to help others and understand and live the Truth. When God makes us sorry, makes us feel guilty and ashamed for our sins, then can He begin to make us repent. He gets us to realize sinning is not ok. It does not happen quickly either, it seems to be a long and often painful process. Also to be thankful for all the grief and suffering He cause us to go through. Rather than be like the rest of the world who blames Him instead of understanding why suffering is important, to understand evil is meant to humble us. I believe part of the reason suffering is so important is like Ray says, its all about contrast. How will we know good unless we know evil? We will appreciate the good all the more. The "light suffering" cannot compare to the incredible glory He has in store for us. I even thought I read somewhere that Ray said that when we look back on this, we will wish we had suffered more. Dont get me wrong, I know suffering does not feel good right now, but it is what will produce many godly characters that God wants in us as sons and daughters. I dont thing He would have us go through what He hasnt gone through Himself. You have probably heard that "what does not kill you makes you stronger" but I think what is more true is what kills you is what will make you stronger. Dying to self is killing the carnal mind isnt it? Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

I have personally noticed when I'm going through periods of sinfulness that I cant see the truth. Everything is confusing and cloudy and I end up not knowing what to believe. Pride, hate, resentment, jealousy and self pity take over and I find myself in a big mess. It is only when the goodness of God leads me to repentance, and I come out of these periods of sinfulness, is when I become humble again, and the Truth starts to become clear again.

I think only now am I beginning to understand what Ray meant when he said "I wanted to repent long before I did". I've often prayed, and cried and begged God to lead me to repentance, because I just cant do it on my own, and that can be very painful and frustrating. Usually I just give up asking, and after a while He leads me to repentance. It is a tormenting thing to deny self, to deny carnal desires, and then sometimes fail and have God show you how bad you were. This carnal mind wants to sin so bad, and if it was not for His Spirit I would be sinning as much as I want to without a conscious about it. It's getting to the point I do not trust myself anymore.

I dunno, maybe I'm off, but this is how it seems right now. Still a long way to go, God willing He will let me live long enough and be patient enough with me to teach me how to overcome the world and to put sin to death. All I can do is hope, pray and believe all will be ok no matter what happens. What choice do I have?

I hope I have made some sense. ??? If not, I tried. :-[

G.Driggs
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:30:22 PM by G. Driggs »

aqrinc

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 02:22:46 PM »

I dunno, maybe I'm off, but this is how it seems right now. Still a long way to go, God willing He will let me live long enough and be patient enough with me to teach me how to overcome the world and to put sin to death. All I can do is hope, pray and believe all will be ok no matter what happens. What choice do I have?

I hope I have made some sense.  If not, I tried.

G.Driggs

Hi G.Driggs,

Makes perfect sense to me, keep on repenting brother, i do everyday and everytime God smacks me between the eyes with the attention stick.

Deb,

You are right, this is a topic that we cannot exhaust; while still in this tent of flesh.

I just put my stones away, and leave this Scripture as a reminder, to me, of why Repentance ???.

Joh 8:7 (GNB)
As they stood there asking him questions, he straightened up and said to them, "Whichever one of you has committed no sin may throw the first stone at her."

george  :o ::).

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 04:13:21 PM »

Thank you for your contribution G Driggs.

I have personally noticed when I'm going through periods of sinfulness that I cant see the truth.

It is excellent that you are experiencing the connection between knowing and understanding the truth and the need to repent in order to do so. Ray puts this so clearly to us all through his own testimony in the Transcript. It is very important and so simple.  A real find!

You mentioned the Scripture through which Ray gives insights regarding :

Mat 7:5  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye (repent); and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Did you catch the insight? :)

It is not that when we loose our beam in our eye, then we can see the mote. NO. Look at this again! It is awesome!

So you think your brother has a speck in his eye, he does not. He has a beam in his eye too. But you can’t see it with a beam in your eye too.L Ray Smith

That is so profound. Look again!

So you think YOUR BROTHER has a speck in his eye, he does NOT. HE HAS A BEAM IN HIS EYE TOO.  But YOU can’t see it with a beam in YOUR EYE TOO.

It is so breathtakingly beautiful is it not?

Ray goes on to say, But you can’t judge him with a BEAM IN YOUR EYE, you can’t even see what his faults are, for crying out loud, you have so many yourself.
But this is what always got me.
Rom 2 :1  ‘……for you who judge practice the same things.”

This is just so exquisite don’t you think?

Hey aqr
It is good to put the stones away. :D

Did you know that the Scripture you posted is not in the oldest manuscripts and is considered spurious? John 8 1-11

Ray says : We are the Lake of Fire, we will be judging man and the angels. Don’t you think we aught to have some practice at doing that then? Don’t you think we should be learning to judge now?
Should we be throwing stones or trying to kill giants? Nope.

Some of the words Ray has said I have highlighted as follows  As you judge,....... can mean to do good and to set right, it can also mean...... be bad....…there are always two possible sentences. Ref Repentance transcript.

That said, I do think judgment is really another topic for another thread. It is so vast!

So let's stick rather to this topic....The Door to understanding....what does it mean to you?

Arc
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:15:08 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.