bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ATTN: ALL MEMBERS - 10 Most Profound Scriptures  (Read 31171 times)

mharrell08

ATTN: ALL MEMBERS - 10 Most Profound Scriptures
« on: March 11, 2010, 11:12:51 AM »

I placed the 'ATTN: ALL MEMBERS' because I wanted everyone to participate even if they don't post often or even at all. I believe this is the kind of thread that will interest all members.  :)

I got the idea for this thread from Ray's statement below:

Excerpt from Lake of Fire Part 15-D (http://bible-truths.com/lake15-D.html):

EVERYTHING HAS A PRECISE APPOINTED TIME[\color]

God Almighty is responsible for everything and He brings about everything only at its precise "APPOINTED SEASON AND TIME." Let's read it:

"To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecc. 3:1).

The implications of this verse are staggering. The very foundation of human psychology and theology crumbles under the weight of this declaration of God’s Word. This is undoubtedly one of the ten most profound Scriptures in the entire Bible.

I thought this could be a good exercise as well as a good study reference for the members. This is not meant to 'rank' certain scriptures over others but simply post what each member believes are the most profound scriptures for them.

Try to limit your replies to 10 passages [I know that's hard, I'm starting this and ended up settling on 11 ;)]. Also, feel free to post any comments you have about the scriptures you chose. After we get a good number of replies, I'll post a tally board with the scriptures that were used the most.

Even if you're not good at 'quoting scriptures', if another member has already post a passage that you had in mind, simply copy and paste from them. Duplicates are welcome, that will help with the final tally.

1 John 4:8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

1 Tim 2:3-4  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Tim 4:9-10  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Ecc 1:13  I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Gen 50:19-20  Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God? But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

1 John 2:2  He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Ecc 3:11  He has made everything fitting in its season; However, He has put obscurity in their heart so that the man may not find out His work, that which God does.

Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Isa 46:10-11  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Thanks in advance to all the members who participate,

Marques

Kat

Re: ATTN: ALL MEMBERS - 10 Most Profound Scriptures
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »

1Co 2:9  But as it is written:
       "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
       Nor have entered into the heart of man
       The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

John 3:16 For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian."

Mat 13:13  Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

Eph 1:11  In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

Luke 12:32  "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Php 2:13  for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Rom 8:39  nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Eph 1:4  just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,

1 Tim 4:9-10  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 01:12:58 PM by Kat »

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »

Tough assignment. Here is a cross section that I often refer to while sharing the gospel.

Col 1:19-20  for in Him the entire complement delights to dwell,  and through Him to reconcile all to Him (making peace through the blood of His cross), through Him, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens."

Joh 12:32 And I, if I should be exalted out of the earth, shall be drawing all to Myself."

Joh 6:44 No one can come to Me if ever the Father Who sends Me should not be drawing him. And I shall be raising him in the last day.

Mat 6:33 Yet seek first the kingdom and its righteousness, and these all shall be added to you.

Gen 1:1 Created by the Elohim were the heavens and the earth.

Ecc 9:10 All that your hand finds to do, do with your vigor, For there is no doing or devising or knowledge or wisdom In the unseen where you are going."

Mat 5:44 Yet I am saying to you, Love your enemies, and pray for those who are persecuting you,

Joh 3:17 For God does not dispatch His Son into the world that He should be judging the world, but that the world may be saved through Him."

Isa 40:22 Who is sitting over the circle of the earth, and its dwellers are as grasshoppers? Who is stretching out as a thin gauze the heavens, and bagging them out as a tent to dwell in?

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 01:35:35 PM »

Isa 45:5     I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

The Byrds: Turn Turn Turn - October 1965  -  Ecc. 3:1-8
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:01:21 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

onelovedread

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 01:41:21 PM »

My Brother Marques:
This is truly a beautiful exercise which seems as if God is whispering His Words as a reminder to our spirits. I love it and am expectant that we'll all be blessed powerfully.
Here are my 10:

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall, and I wil do all My pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executes My counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. Isaiah 46: 9-11.

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven Matthew 6: 10

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.John 6: 63

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. Romans 8: 7

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8: 28

For we are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit and by the Spirit of God and exult and glory and pride ourselves in Jesus Christ, and put no confidence or dependence [on what we are] in the flesh and on outward privileges and physical advantages and external appearances-- Philippians 2: 3

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that  not of yourselves it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:8-10.

For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" Philippians 2:13.

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.  Romans 11: 33-36 NIV

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 1 Peter 3: 15.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 02:28:58 PM »

Gen 3:22  And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Dan 4:37  Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

Mat 6:10  Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Rev 22:15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Col 3:15  and let the peace which Christ gives settle all questionings in your hearts, to which peace indeed you were called as belonging to His one Body; and be thankful.

Col 3:17  And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, and let it be through Him that you give thanks to God the Father.

Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Joh 17:23  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Rev 22:11  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he who is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Dan 4:32  ………….know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He will.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 03:11:27 PM »

Here are some of my favorites...these may have duplicated some others....but ...

"In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."
—1 John 4:9-18 

Shammie

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 03:45:29 PM »

Rom 8:25 ..... But if we hope for what we do not yet have,we wait for it patiently.

1 Cor 4:7..... For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive?

1 Cor 4:12 - 13 ..... We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless ;when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly.

1 Cor 6:7 ..... The very fact that you have lawsuits amoung you means you have been completely defeated. WHY NOT RATHER BE WRONGED? WHY NOT RATHER BE CHEATED?

1 Cor 9:27 ..... No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified from the prize.

1 Cor 11:19 ..... No doubt there to be differences amoung you to show which of you have God's approval.

1 Cor 13:12 ..... Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am full known.

1 Cor 15:2 ..... By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

1 Cor 15:36 ..... How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.

Dan 3:28 ..... "...They trusted in Him and defied the king's command and were will to to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God".

Marky Mark

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »

2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Job 38:4  Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

1Co 13:4  Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn't jealous. It doesn't sing its own praises. It isn't arrogant.
1Co 13:5  It isn't rude. It doesn't think about itself. It isn't irritable. It doesn't keep track of wrongs.
1Co 13:6  It isn't happy when injustice is done, but it is happy with the truth.
1Co 13:7  Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up.

Psa 145:8 Gracious and compassionate is Yahweh, Slow to anger and with great benignity."
Psa 145:9 Yahweh is good to all, And His compassions are over all His works."

Psa 73:25 Who do I have in the heavens but You? And besides You, none do I desire on earth."

Jer 29:11  For I have known the thoughts that I am thinking towards you--an affirmation of Jehovah; thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give to you posterity and hope.
Jer 29:12  `And ye have called Me, and have gone, and have prayed unto Me, and I have hearkened unto you,
Jer 29:13  And ye have sought Me, and have found, for ye seek Me with all your heart;

Nah 1:7  Jehovah is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.

Pro 3:5  Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding.
Pro 3:6  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39  nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Gal 5:22 Now the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 meekness, self-control: against such things there is no law.

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 05:04:16 PM »

Very hard to narrow these down.  Thanks for the thread Marques--very inspiring.

Gal 5:22-23   But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.

Eph 1:10-11   That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:  

Num 23:19 God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Isa 46:10-11  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1Cr 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

cheekie3

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 05:41:42 PM »

All - Mine are 10 of the first 11 posted as follows:

1 John 4:8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

1 Tim 2:3-4  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Tim 4:9-10  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Ecc 1:13  I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Gen 50:19-20  Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God? But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

1 John 2:2  He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Ecc 3:11  He has made everything fitting in its season; However, He has put obscurity in their heart so that the man may not find out His work, that which God does.

Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Isa 46:10-11  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Regards, cheekie3.

margo

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »

Psalm 1:1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalm 19:1  The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psalm 23:1  The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:  he leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul:  he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psalm 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence 0f mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.  Psalm 27:1  The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 08:40:44 PM »

Gen 1:27 And creating is the Elohim humanity in His image. In the image of the Elohim He creates it. Male and female He creates them.

Rom 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1John 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Joshua 5:14  (answering Joshua's question asking whether He were one of 'us' or 'our foes'...) "Neither," the Man answered. "I am here as the commander of the LORD's army." Joshua threw himself on the ground in worship and said, "I am your servant, sir. What do you want me to do?"

John 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Pro 4:26,27  Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.  Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

1Co 6:11  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

John 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

bpenelli

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 12:18:43 AM »

Luke 7:38 She stood behind Jesus by his feet, and she was crying. She began to wash his feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. Then she kissed his feet and put oil on them... 48 Jesus said to the woman, `The wrong things you have done are forgiven.'... 50 Jesus said to the woman, `You are saved because you believed. Go in peace.'

Romans 2:22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

Acts 7:59 They kept on throwing stones at Stephen. He spoke to God and said, `Oh, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.'
60 Then he kneeled down and said in a loud voice, `Lord, do not punish them for this wrong thing they are doing,' After he said this, he died

1 Cor. 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Romans 5:18 Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Titus 3:4 But—“When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, 5 he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. 6 He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. 7 Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.”
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 01:31:37 AM »

Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Isaiah 1: 18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; thought they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."

Jeremiah 1:9 "Then the lord put forth His hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth."

Jeremiah 20:9 "Then I said, I will not make mention of Him, nor speak any more in His name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay."

Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."

2 Corithians 1:20 "For all the promises of God in Him are yea, and in Him Amen', unto the glory of God by us."

1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

John 17:21 "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou has sent me."

1 Timothy 2:3,4 "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:57:22 AM by Liberated Eagle »

Stacey

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 02:35:56 AM »

1 Timothy 4: 9-10

9. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
10. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the           Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Romans 8:20-21

20. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Romans 8:38-39

38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 9:15-16

15. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8.  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9.  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Stacey

Roy Martin

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 10:16:38 AM »

I thank Thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that Thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in Thy sight" (Luke 10:21).

1JN 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

GAL 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.

ZEC 12:1 This is the word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares:

GAL 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.

MK 10:27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

ISA 46:10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

2 Cor 3:6 The letter can only produce death but it is the SPIRIT (Christ) THAT GIVES LIFE.”

Roy
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:26:00 AM by Roy Martin »

dave

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 12:01:28 PM »

I am away from my computer which means away from e-sword, so I hope you will excuse the briefness of my verses:
ICor.15:23
Psa.90:3
Rom. 8:1
John 4:23-24
John 17:21
Acts 1:5
ICor.1:25
John 14:26
ICor.11:31
Matt 19:28
And like you all Im sure, so many, many more. Thank you

AK4

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 01:04:29 PM »

Sorry.  Tried to stop at ten  ;)

Mt 13:34 -
All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables, and He did not speak to them without a parable.

Gen 1:27 And creating is the Elohim humanity in His image. In the image of the Elohim He creates it. Male and female He creates them. (CLV)

Joh 16:27 -
For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Rom 11:36
For from R536 Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To R537 Him {be} the glory forever. F193 Amen.

Php 2:13 -
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Isa 46:10 -
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Joh 1:18
No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained {Him.}  (or heard his voice)

1Co 15:28 -
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Titus 1:2   in expectation of life eonian, which God, Who does not lie, promises before times eonian, (CLV)

Nu 23:19 -
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Ro 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Ac 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Pr 25:2 -
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Ecc 1:13  It is an experience of evil God has given humanity to humble him thereby

Samson

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 01:13:46 PM »

Good Morning Marques,

Definitely, a good idea for a Thread. It's certainly difficult to narrow it down to those Scriptures that had the most impact on me. Below, I will list the Scriptures of choice with a comment too.

1) Acts. 24:15 " I have hope in God, which they themselves accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the unjust and the just."

Comment: Resurrection is translated from the Greek Word Anastasis which literally means " to stand again " or " a raising up." It's wonderfull to know that everyone will eventually receive a Resurrection and they will learn righteousness.

2) 2 Peter. 3:9 " The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward all, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."

Comment: God is Not(Greek- "Ou" meaning none, no, never, not) Willing THAT ANY Perish. Whatever God Wills always comes to pass and since He wills that none perish, there cannot be any person in that category, a group that has no one in it.

3) 1 John. 4:8 " God is Love."

Comment: Theologians like to say that God is Love only in context and it's only one of His qualities, but this Scripture says: God IS Love. The word IS denotes " A State of Being." And since Love never fails(1Cor. 13:8), there can't be one instance where God's Love fails. And it certainly isn't Love to punish Humans endlessly for their finite sins, this would fall short of God's Love.

4) 1 Timothy. 2:3,4 " For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth."

Comment: Although the Greek Word "Pas" translated "All" can mean " As many as," "some,""most" or everyone, in almost everywhere else it's used, Theologians will say it means everyone, except in the Scriptures that pertain to Salvation Of All. How Convenient ! As Ray ponted out in his Article: " Does All mean All," Show me a Scripture where God says He will not save all. If they(Theologians) had such a Scripture, they would be using it right away, so they have to take a Scripture that says " All will be saved," and twist it to not mean "All will be saved."

5) 1 John. 4:14 " And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the World."

Comment: Jesus commission is to Save the World and He does a perfect job at it by saving everyone. He will not fall short in this commission.

6) 1 John. 2:2 " And He is a proptiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not ours only but also for the whole worlds."

Comment: Propitiation from the Greek Word " Hilasmos" meaning " an expiation, a means whereby sin is covered and remitted." He(Christ) is the Sin Offering for the sake of the Whole World.

7) Phillipians. 2:10,11 " so in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in Heaven and those on Earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."

Comment: Obviously, this hasn't happened yet, for everyone. When God is all in all, every(all) knees will bend(spiritually speaking) to the glory of God the Father confessing that Jesus is Lord. There isn't any glory for God if people are endlessly dead or tormented Eternally somewhere, this brings glory to no one, especially God and it isn't Love.

8) Proverbs. 16:18 " Pride is before a crash, and a haughty spirit is before a stumbling."

Comment: Hebrew Word Govah(haughty) literally means "Height." How often has Pride, Arrogance and Haughtiness led to so much pain and heartache in our lives. Someone might say something mean or nasty and we are quick to retaliate with vengefull words or in like manner. Often, we just make matters worse for ourselves. However, these negative traits: Pride, arrogance, Haughtiness are training tools by which we are Humbled, so we eventually learn Humility.

Well, those are only eight Scriptures, but some include two verses. Of course, there are many others of great importance and impact, but I'll end this Post, for now.

Kind Regards, Samson.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:22:55 AM by Samson »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.