bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ATTN: ALL MEMBERS - 10 Most Profound Scriptures  (Read 31168 times)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: ATTN: ALL MEMBERS - 10 Most Profound Scriptures
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »

This is an awesome thread!!!!!!!
Here are my 10….uhhh, I mean 14, hehehehehe!!!!!! Sorry man.

Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Isa 46:10  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

1Jn 4:8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1Ti 2:3  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1Ti 4:9  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
1Ti 4:10  For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Mat 13:13  Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1Jn 4:14  And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

frecklegirl417

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 11:34:23 PM »

Hello, everyone!

These are just a couple of scriptures I enjoy. They really show me just some of our Heavenly Father's lessons for us:

1 Tim 4:9-10  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe

1 Corinthians 13:4,5,6,7  Love sufferslong and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 Corinthians 13:8  Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

Mathew 5:44-45 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully  use you and persecute you that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the just and on the unjust.

Mathew 7:1,2 Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Proverbs 16:18,19 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Mathew 7:6 Do not give what is holy to dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Mathew 7:7,8 Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

1 John 4:8 God is love.

Extol

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 12:01:08 AM »

What great timing, Marques! Just a few days ago I made a list of my Top 10 favorite Scriptures.  ;D

-Ephesians 1:9-11 (The MESSAGE): He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans he took such delight in making. He set it all out before us in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth. It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.

-1 John 4:14/1 John 2:2: And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world./And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

-1 Timothy 2:3-4: For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

-1 Timothy 4:10: For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

-2 Peter 3:9: The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

-Isaiah 46:10: Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

-1 Corinthians 13:8: LOVE NEVER FAILS.

-Isaiah 26:9: With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

-1 Corinthians 15:22/26: As in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive./The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

-Isaiah 9:7: Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end.

*bonus* Colossians 1:16-20 (CEV) :
Everything was created by him,

everything in heaven

and on earth,

everything seen and unseen,

including all forces

and powers,

and all rulers

and authorities.

All things were created

by God's Son,

and everything was made

for him.

God's Son was before all else,

and by him everything

is held together.

He is the head of his body,

which is the church.

He is the very beginning,

the first to be raised

from death,

so that he would be

above all others.

God himself was pleased

to live fully in his Son.

And God was pleased

for him to make peace

by sacrificing his blood

on the cross,

so that all beings in heaven

and on earth

would be brought back to God.

Joel

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 12:28:38 PM »

Psalms 24:1, The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
Deuteronomy 18:18, I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall comand him.
John 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Luke 2:11, For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
John 1:29, The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 10:10, The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Proverbs 3: 5 and 6, Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy was acknowledge him , and he shall direct thy paths.

John 14:3, And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Acts 13:46, Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, it was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

bambam

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 05:06:41 PM »

Matthew 19:26:  With men this is impossible, but with God ALL THINGS are possible.

Numbers 23:19:  God is not a man that He should lie; neither the son of man that He should repent:  hath he said and shall he not do it, or hath He spoken and shall He not make good?

1 Timothy 2:3-4:  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who WILL have all men to be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Job 23:13:  But he is in one mind and who can turn Him?  And what His soul DESIRETH that He doeth. 

Isaiah 46:9-11:  Remember the former things of old:  For I am God and there is none else; I am God and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times the things that are not yet done saying, "My counsel shall stand and I will do ALL MY PLEASURE...I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it I will also do it.

Malachi 3:6:  For I am the Lord, I change not...

1 John 4:14:  And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to BE the Savior of the WORLD.

1 John 4:8:  God is LOVE.

1 Corinthians 13:8:  Love NEVER fails.

Psalm 22:27:  All the ends of the world will REMEMBER and TURN UNTO THE LORD.  And all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

Isaiah 11:9:  ...for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the see. 

iris

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 01:11:46 AM »

1 Timothy 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; who will have all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, specially of those that believe.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct thy paths.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not

Isaiah 46:9-11 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done saying, my counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure. Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea I have spoten it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Iris

Patrick

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 03:15:16 PM »

All Scripture's listed are very good. I couldn't seem to come up with a "10 most profound" list.
Nevertheless, while attempting to choose, I kept being led back to this chapter.

John 17 (NIV)
Jesus Prays for Himself
1 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.
2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.
3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
4 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.
5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
Jesus Prays for His Disciples
6"I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.
7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.
8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.
9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.
10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.
11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.
12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.
13 "I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.
14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.
15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.
17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.
19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
Jesus Prays for All Believers
20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:
23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
25 "Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.
26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

cherokee

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 10:53:06 AM »

2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Heb 9:27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

1Jn 4:8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Isa 28:10  For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Php 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Eph 1:10  That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Suzie

Astrapho

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 01:14:28 PM »

Nah 3:5 Behold Me against you, (averring is Yahweh, Elohim of hosts). I will roll your skirts over your face, and I will show the nations your nakedness-

Okay okay, I'll be serious. :D

Isa 28:10  For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Pro 16:9  A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.
 Jer 10:23  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
1Co 12:3 ...no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Rom 9:16  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:21  Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
1Ti 2:3  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Isa 46:10  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Psa 22:27 All the limits of the earth shall remember and return to Yahweh, And all the families of the nations shall bow down before Him."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:17:08 PM by Astrapho »

Billy Bob White

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 06:12:19 PM »

Taken from the NIV so that even the unlearned may be able to read and understand a little bit.

GAL 3:23-25  Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.  Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervison of the law.

COL 2:13-14-15  When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ.  He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.  And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

1 CO 5:4-5  When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

ROM 3:3-4  What if some did not have faith?  Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness?  Not at all!  Let God be true, and every man a liar.  As it is written:  "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge."

JN 5:39-40  You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life.  These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

EPH 2:8-10  For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

2 TIM 6:9  Who has saved us and called us to a holy life - not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.  This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.

LUKE 8: 53-55

They laughed at him, knowing that she was dead.  But he took her by the hand and said, "My child, get up!"  Her spirit returned, and at once she stood up.  Then Jesus told them to give her something to eat.

ECC 12:7-8

and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.  "Meaningless!  Meaningless!" says the Teacher.  "Everthing is meaningless"

JAMES 4:13-17

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money."  Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.  What is your life?  You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.  Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."  As it is, you boast and brag.  All such boasting is evil.  Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

ROM 3:3-4

What if some did not have faith?  Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness?  Not at All!  Let God be true, and every man a liar.  As it is written:  "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge."

thanks  BBW

Pini56

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2010, 11:03:49 AM »

Hi all,

These verses are from the King James.

1. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

2. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6

3. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever. Psalm 111:10

4. Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Psalm 37:4

5. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2

6. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

7. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2

8. Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Isaiah 55:1

9. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8

10. This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

This is one of my favourite chapters in the Bible.

1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
2  Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.
3  Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord?
6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rereward.
9 Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:
11 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14  Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. Isaiah Chapter 58.

Have a good day. Peace to all. Regards, Geoff.

daywalker

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

Matthew 13:13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, NOR do they understand.

Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

MY THREE FAVORITE SERMONS FROM JESUS CHRIST:

Luke 6:32-37:

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But LOVE your enemies, do GOOD to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Matthew 23:23-28:

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are taking tithes from the mint and the dill and the cumin, and leave the weightier matters of the law, judging and mercy and faith. Now these it was binding for you to do, and not leave those. Blind guides! straining out a gnat, yet swallowing a camel! Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are cleansing the outside of the cup and the plate, yet inside they are brimming with rapacity and incontinence. Blind Pharisee! Cleanse first the inside of the cup and the plate, that their outside also may be becoming clean! Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are resembling the whitewashed sepulchers which outside, indeed, are appearing beautiful, yet inside they are crammed with the bones of the dead and all uncleanness. Thus you, also, outside, indeed, are appearing to men to be just, yet inside you are distended with hypocrisy and lawlessness."

Matthew 7:3-5:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Job 4:17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?

James 1:27 Pure, unstained religion, according to God our Father, is to take care of orphans and widows when they suffer and to remain uncorrupted by this world.

I have a personal connection with this last one:

Matthew 9:37 Then He is saying to His disciples, "The harvest, indeed, is vast, yet the workers are few."

Daywalker  8)

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 10:29:51 PM »

Hi Marques,

Here are my 10 scriptures:

2Cor.5:18 - "All is of God."

Eccl. 12:13 - "...Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."

Eccl. 12:14 - "For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil."

Prov. 16:4 - "The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble."

Prov. 16:18 - "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

Heb. 12:6 - "For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom he receives."

1Tim. 2:3 - "This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

1Tim. 4:9 - "because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe."

1John 4:16 - "God is love."

1Cor.13:8 - "Love never ends."

Rene'

AK4

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 02:20:55 PM »

I need to add this one.  I dont think i seen anyone put this one up yet but it is very profound and i missed it on my earlier list.

Joh 4:24 - "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

and

Joh 6:63 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

In Jesus

Anthony

Phil3:10

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 08:22:40 PM »

To all,

Enjoyed the scriptures and can see how any could be a favorite. I Have to agree with Kathy and would only feel the following two verses could get into my top 10.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love GOD, to them who are called according to HIS purpose."

John 6:44 "No man can come to me, except the FATHER which has sent ME draw him: and I will raise him at the last day."

Of course, my very favorite is Philippians 3:10, "That I may know HIM, and the power of HIS resurrection. and the fellowship of HIS suffering. being made conformable unto HIS death.

If we had to pick our top 100, 1000, or possibly everything but Leviticus we would never run out of the wonderful truths of GOD'S word. I don't really mean that, it is just that Leviticus is hard for me to get much understanding.

In HIM,
Phil3:10

onelovedread

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2013, 03:57:36 PM »

Hi
This was a wonderful thread started by Marques. Perhaps with all the new members on the forum it would be cool to have their input.
JC

jingle52

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2013, 07:44:41 PM »

There are just so many favourites and some have already been posted (which I've copied and pasted) :)

Isaiah 46:9-11 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done saying, my counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure. Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Gal 5:22 Now the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 meekness, self-control: against such things there is no law

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Ecc 1:13  I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

1 Cor 13:12 ..... Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am full known.

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Isa 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Mal 3:2
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

Jingle

santgem

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 07:27:42 AM »

Top 10 :)

1.   And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deu 6:5

2.   Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 1Cr 12:27

3.   And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! Rom 10:15

4.   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Jhn 3:16

5.   For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 1Ti 2:3-4

6.   With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments [are] in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness. Isa 26:9

7.   Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1Jo 4:8-9

8.   Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1Cr 13:4-7

9.   All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. Jhn 6:37

10.   Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Mat 11:28-29
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:31:22 AM by santgem »

loretta

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »

Nice to meet all of you! :)

Here are some of my favorite scriptures.

1 John. 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

Is 26:9.  My soul yearns for you in the night;
             in the morning my spirit longs for you.
             your judgments come upon the earth,
             the people of the world learn righteousness.

2Thessalonians 1:11 that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith.

Jn 10:27  My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
                     and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to him,
                     and he will make your paths straight.

Joshua 24:15   But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we shall serve the Lord.

1Ti 2:4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Ruth 1:16 Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.

Jn 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.

Jn 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

Phil 3:10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,

blessings

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:58:44 PM by loretta »

cjwood

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »

john chris, i want to thank you for reviving this thread.  i did not post any of my favorite Scripture during the initial thread.  i did read all the posts though, both then and now again.  i had just found out my husband was having his 2nd (that i became aware of) intense sexually explicit relationship online, this time with a friend of both of ours in the city i/we have been living in.  i found myself at the place that i could only read all the Scripture posted in the thread originally. 

but today is another day.  praises to God for that!   :) :)

i have come up with my 10 top favs (plus a couple more).  i will write them out a little later this evening.

thanks again onelovedread.   perfect timing, as always.   8)

claudia

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.