bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATTN: ALL MEMBERS - 10 Most Profound Scriptures  (Read 31090 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: ATTN: ALL MEMBERS - 10 Most Profound Scriptures
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2013, 03:00:22 AM »

so many Scriptures to choose from.  here are a some of my favs.

genesis 1:26(a), 27(a) - "and creating is God humanity in His image" (concordant OT)

exodus 14:14 - "the Eternal will fight for you, and you have only to keep still." (james moffatt translation)

psalm 27:1 - "the Lord is my light and my salvation; whom should i fear?  the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall i be afraid?"

proverbs 3:5-6 - "trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

isaiah 40:31 - "but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

isaiah 45:7 - "I form the light, and create darkness:  I make peace, and create evil:  I the Lord do all these things."

isaiah 46:10 - "declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure."

jeremiah 29:11 - "for I know the plans which I am planning for you declareth Yahweh, plans of welfare and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope."

romans 8:28 - "and we know also that those who love God, those who have been called in terms of his purpose, have his aid and interest in everything."  (james moffatt)

philippians 2:13 - "for it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure."

hebrews 13:5 - "keep your life free from the love of money; be content with what you have, for He has said "never will I fail you, never will I forsake you."  (james moffatt)

revelation 21:4 - "and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be anymore pain:  for the former things are passed away."

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2013, 05:22:09 AM »

Nice ones Claudia I may have to come with 10 myself.

You had 12.........surely an abomination before the Lord. Is that even forgivable ........not sure. Should of gone with 13 to be on the safe side - haha  ;D

Rhys  ;)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:41:00 AM by Rhys »
🤫

jingle52

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2013, 07:26:06 AM »

Sorry forum this is off thread – just need to encourage our dear sister Claudia by using some of the lovely verses she posted. My hearts go out to you  Claudia ,

genesis 1:26(a), 27(a) - "and creating is God humanity in His image" (concordant OT)

exodus 14:14 - "the Eternal will fight for you, and you have only to keep still." (james moffatt translation)

psalm 27:1 - "the Lord is my light and my salvation; whom should i fear?  the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall i be afraid?"

isaiah 40:31 - "but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

proverbs 3:5-6 - "trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

May our Lord truly direct your steps,
Jingle

cjwood

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2013, 03:00:07 PM »

jingle your kind words of support were sweet to my soul.  thank you.

claudia

theophilus

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »

Out of many, here's a few:

James 1:27  The religious service which is pure and stainless in the sight of our God and Father is to visit fatherless children and widowed women in their time of trouble, and to keep one's own self unspotted from the world.

Heb 1:1  God, who in ancient days spoke to our forefathers in many distinct messages and by various methods through the Prophets,
Heb 1:2  has at the end of these days spoken to us through a Son, who is the predestined Lord of the universe, and through whom He made the Ages.
Heb 1:3  He brightly reflects God's glory and is the exact representation of His being, and upholds the universe by His all-powerful word. After securing man's purification from sin He took His seat at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Phillipians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, Rejoice!

1Co_10:31  Therefore whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Col_3:17  And everything, whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.

Col_3:23  And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men;

Col 1:20  And God purposed through Him to reconcile the universe to Himself, making peace through His blood, which was shed upon the Cross--to reconcile to Himself through Him, I say, things on earth and things in Heaven.

John 11:35  Jesus wept. [This verse really touched my heart when I was a teenager.]

Roger
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.