bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you could ask God just 1 question  (Read 18935 times)

ez2u

Re: If you could ask God just 1 question
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2007, 01:40:13 AM »

umm all very good questions  I  guess my question would be can I sit by you for a little while and know you better?  Just can't get enough.  Peggy.

gmik

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2007, 12:25:18 PM »

That is a good one Peggy

rdk5215

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 03:05:15 AM »

Does 1+1 REALLY equal 2?

Roy Monis

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2008, 11:02:24 AM »

Hi! musicman

Their heresies are bad enough but if they have to drop their pants as well, it's sure going to be a sight for sore eyes. I'd have to put dark glasses on and pretend I never looked. Ladies dark glasses are the order of the day.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

OBrenda

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2008, 01:08:16 PM »

I'd like to know why after many years of experiencing Pain & Strife, Learning and Growing in His Wisdom,  we are then rewarded with wrinkles, bad backs, and where the heck did I leave my keys this morning?    (probably carried off by those nasty roaches again)
Seems to me the Older we get, The better looking we should be with the energy to do something with it! ;)

But I think I know what the answer would be...
Brenda

P.S. My 2nd Question............How can it be possible you LOVED us so much....You sacrificed Jesus for such as We?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:23:29 PM by OBrenda »

carol v

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2008, 01:27:17 PM »

I was scanning down page 1 thinking what an interesting thread this is and came across an answer and said to myself "Yes, that's is exactly what I want to know too" -- then I looked over and found it was written by me in 2006. Haha.

But good responses from everyone whether in 2006 or those today.

carol v

Samson

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2008, 01:21:53 PM »

Quote from: eutychus
Quote from: Gill
Can i add spiders and daddy-long-legs?  :lol:

I think i would ask why He planned for the scriptures to be butchered.  I have my thoughts on why, but that's what i'd ask.

Gill,

im not God :shock:  but here is one reason :wink:

Isa 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken. :wink:

peace
chuckt

I would ask why such a plan that needed one to be broken, snared, and taken.  Why the drama?  Pain?  Suffering??   Just make us all perfect ready to be "all in all" with You.  Who needs this life???  Why has this lasted thousands of years???

Well, that was more than one.

Wow Everyone,

I saw this thread listed and said to myself, that looks interesting, not realizing how far back this began. I tend to share GMik's sentiments stated above, in my case, I might be afraid of deliberately offending him, I've probably already done that before. Perhaps, If I ask the question that Gena might Ask, stated above, because that's my line of thinking, he might respond by saying: " It's none of your business, why I decided to do things the way I did, afterall, your just made from soil, one of my creation".  ;D ;D ;D. This thread seems to be a mixture of humor and seriousness. Of course, God can read my mind and know all my questions, doubts, and fears;etc.

Yours, Samson.  ;)

EKnight

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2008, 07:51:03 PM »

I'd be like, "hey God, you already know what I'm going to ask, don't you".  ;D

Eileen

Kent

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2008, 11:06:36 PM »

As scarred up as I am, I'd like to know why he even bothered. Thats what I want to know.
 >:(
And to top it off, I know others have / had it worse than I did / do.
I'd like to know why he bothered creating people just for them to get the crap kicked out of them. Thanks God, I really appreciate that.

But I wont even bother asking. I dont need a sarcastic answer. 

Ray-Ray

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2008, 01:35:30 AM »

I would ask ,who,s going to bury the last man? lol, peace Ray-Ray

joyful1

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2008, 08:16:57 PM »

:D
Dear God,
When the "stars sang together" what did it sound like?
Sincerely,
Joyce :)

a_child_of_God

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2008, 06:24:21 AM »

Hi Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord

I'd ask God what His purpose was/is for having my skin break out with sores. I get asked almost all the time if I have some sort of skin condition or skin disease. According to my late mother, I've been having skin breakouts since I was about 2 years old. My foster parents couldn't get me to quit picking at my skin, and my husband tells me not to pick. That's like telling a smoker to quit smoking.

Well, whatever is causing my skin to breakout was not passed to my wonderful children.

a child of God

frecklegirl417

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2008, 02:35:06 PM »

;D  This is a good thread whether it was new or old. My question to God would have to be a two part question.....Are we really on the right path and why? I know it is probally going to cause some people to think I am not a true believer but I am. I was just thinking about this thread for a couple of days before I posted. Wouldn't be nice to hear him say we are correct in are learning and give us a big pat on the back for our effort. Sometimes I wonder if when the sun shines if he is smiling at us or when it rains is he crying? See, just sitting here typing gave me two more questions. ;D

All God's Love and Understanding,
                                                                                          Frecklegirl

David

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2008, 11:55:02 PM »

Are Brambles alien creatures or just plants? Why do they grab me if I go near them? (thats two)

Roy Monis

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2008, 08:40:33 AM »

Hi!

My question would be. Dear Lord why do you love such a thoughtless, ungrateful and deceitful decaying speck of clay like me?

God bless you brothers and sisters in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Samson

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2008, 11:35:20 AM »

Hi!

My question would be. Dear Lord why do you love such a thoughtless, ungrateful and deceitful decaying speck of clay like me?

God bless you brothers and sisters in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Hey Roy,

That's a great question, that most of us ask. The answer is at 1John. 4:8, GOD IS LOVE and we know better regards that simple verse. The churches don't really believe that simple statement, because He IS Love, not " could be" or "should be" or " would be" based on anything we should, could, would or have done to receive that Love. Of course my Brother, you already know this. God IS Love just like Jesus IS the Savior of the World, regardless of what we do about it. Such a simple explanation by Ray is prolific to me. The word IS is a state of being and all of us didn't see something this simple, when we belonged to Christendom. It sometimes makes me wonder; If I didn't understand something that simple and basic, then I couldn't understand anything without
God's opening my spiritual eyes and apparently didn't understand that God IS Love(Agapeo) for everyone.

So then Roy, God does Love you the way you are,  ;)

Kind regards, Samson.

Roy Monis

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »

Hi! Samson

The Book that they sent me is the "Comprehensive Concordance" which was listed under Bibles on the Watch Tower. It will come in very useful no doubt but I rang them and they asked me for some reference number on the Bible I required or Whether it was a KJV or NIV edition. I didn't have a clue so could you please help out.

Thanks and tell your better half from me that I'm pleased she thinks I'm a handsome guy.

God bless you brother and sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

David

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »

Hi!

Great Question Roy my dear brother. Its one we probably all ask at some point. Something I have been thinking about just lately which I'd like to share which is kind of relevant to this question. We read and understand much about the humility of Christ, his sacrifice, the humility and sacrifice of the Apostles, and how we must at least live up to that standard if we are to be Gods elect.
But as humble as these truths make us feel, I've been even more humbled recently by contemplating just what God has freely given us. I tried to imagine what it would be like to be fabulously wealthy, say a Billionaire.........would I be willing to give it all away, leaving myself nothing, to people like us? Lets say I owned a country, would I be willing to just give it freely to people like us? Would I be willing to freely sacrifice my only begotten Son as a propitiation for the sins of people like us?
Now try and imagine creating something as vast and complex as the entire universe for the purpose of providing a perfect planet for people like us to dwell on for several thousand years. As if thats not enough, God then gives us his only begotten Son to be our savior. At the beginning of Revelation 21, it indicates that God is going to create again.
Compaired to what God has done and is doing for us, you description of how we are is an understatement.
God bless you Roy.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:50:30 PM by David »

dewey

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2008, 01:25:31 AM »

If I could ask just one question it would have to be something like this.
  Father how many times have you created your children . I ask this Father because you say in [Ecc1:9] what has been done will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun, you go on to say in V10 is there any thing one can say,look this is something new.It was here already , long ago, it was herebefore our time.V11 there is no remembreance of men of old, and eventhose who are yet to come will not be remembred by those who follow.
    And I belive that if our father answred me he would say son this number that you want to hear is so far out of flesh and blood understandeing, that it would dumb found you , there is no number I have allways been and I have allways created.
    David your bringing up REV21 , planted this though ,on my mind ,thanks .
  In thr spirit of Jesus Christ love yuans, dewey said it
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.