bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Torment" word study.  (Read 12640 times)

Kat

Re: "Torment" word study.
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 01:37:04 AM »

The "1000-year reign" is the LoF. Christ and the Elect will reign "in that day" over those case into the LoF, which is all of the rest of humanity. The LoF is the rule of Christ on earth, when the world shall "learn righteousness" (Isa 26:9), which is their judgment and the destruction of their flesh/carnality.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Lupac

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 09:50:40 PM »

OKay, I still don't quite understand it. What event is 2 Thess. 1:9 specifically referring to?

mharrell08

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 11:47:16 PM »

OKay, I still don't quite understand it. What event is 2 Thess. 1:9 specifically referring to?

2 Thess 1:8-10  In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

'In that day' as in the Day of the Lord, the 1000 reign of Christ and His Elect, when all the world with be judged in righteousness [Acts 17:31]. This question has been asked and answered multiple times in this very thread, it's time to move on.

If you are still not clear, simply email Ray for further assistance.

Marques

mharrell08

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 12:26:25 AM »

Yet 2 Thess. 1:9 is not talking about one's spiritual condition, it's talking about people being "punished with eonion destruction". I simply wanted to know what that that verse was/is referring too. Maybe if someone here answered my question directly, instead going through these long winded answers, I might learn something.

Excerpt from 'Is Everlasting Scriptural' (http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm):

Comment: What? Not even an argument for "eternal" in this verse? Are we simply to take your word for it? The word is "aionion" and it means "eonian" not eternal. Actually a proper translation of this phrase is, "the justice of eonian extermination." Now lest anyone think that some "exterminated" is beyond the redemption of the cross, consider that this very same Greek word "olehtros" is found in I Cor. 5:5 where we read this:

"To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction [extermination] of the flesh, that the spirit MAY BE SAVED in the day of the Lord Jesus."

As YOU kept referring to this scripture, one that is 'eonian exterminated' of the flesh is done so for their salvation. If that isn't about someone's spiritual condition, I don't know what is.

Ray is never bothered by emails...Craig just posted an email that Ray answered recently. If you want further explanation, email Ray. It is HIS teachings on the scriptures that you need help with, to 'learn something', correct?

Marques
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.