bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray for the world?  (Read 4888 times)

ARisingSon

Pray for the world?
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:49:25 PM »

In the true Lord's prayer(John 17) Jesus said(vs.9) "...I am not praying for the world..." and there is no record(that I know of) that Jesus nor the Apostles prayed for those in the world;but all prayers were for the benefit of the Body of Christ. The only thing close are Matt.5:44 and Luke 6:28  "...pray for them which despitefully use you...".
  Is this the example we should follow?  I've tried to research this on the Forum but haven't found any thing.  Does Ray have a teaching on this?

mharrell08

Re: Pray for the world?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 02:16:38 PM »

In the true Lord's prayer(John 17) Jesus said(vs.9) "...I am not praying for the world..." and there is no record(that I know of) that Jesus nor the Apostles prayed for those in the world;but all prayers were for the benefit of the Body of Christ. The only thing close are Matt.5:44 and Luke 6:28  "...pray for them which despitefully use you...".
  Is this the example we should follow?  I've tried to research this on the Forum but haven't found any thing.  Does Ray have a teaching on this?

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1348.msg11593.html#msg11593):

Dear Deborah:
Good question.
The "world" represents two entities in Scripture:  [1] The Church, Judaism, the Whore, Mystery Babylon the Great, and [2] The social system of the the nations in general.

Jesus referred to both in John's Gospel account:

"...but be of good cheer; I have overcome the WORLD"  (John 16:33).  What "world?"  Did He overcome China?  Japan?  Indolnesia?  No, Jesus overcame the world of Judaism--"He came unto His own [the Jews] but they received Him NOT," and hence He had to overcome them all the days of his earthly ministry.

But in John 17:24 rea read, "...for You loved Me before the foundation of the WORLD" is speaking of the whole "kosmos"--the whole system of world governemtns.

Jesus prayed for NEITHER of these two "worlds," as their destiny is solidly fixed by God's divine providence, and therefore prayer would be of no value. Jesus does not pray that His Father's Prophecies should NOT come to pass, and neither do God's Elect pray such nonsense as is parroted daily over the air waves "pray for world peace."  Nonsense. There will be no world peace--God has already decreed it.
God be with you,
Ray

Yes, we should always follow the example set by our Lord.

Phil 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus...

1 Cor 2:16  For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ

1 Pet 2:21  ...Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Marques

ARisingSon

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »

Thanks, Marques.    Helped me see more clearly how to walk by the Spirit. 
   Grace be with you.  Earl

ARisingSon

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:22:01 PM »

I would like to encourage further discussion on this question.  After examining Ray's email response there is more that needs to be addressed. At least that's the way I feel. How do the members pray for those not in the Body, for starters.
   Grace be with you.  Earl

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 10:09:57 PM »

I would like to encourage further discussion on this question.  After examining Ray's email response there is more that needs to be addressed. At least that's the way I feel. How do the members pray for those not in the Body, for starters.
   Grace be with you.  Earl

Excerpt from 'Praying By God's Rules' (http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm):

If you always pray, "not as I will, but as THOU will," all of your prayers will be answered too. Whether you always get what you desire or you don’t get what you desire, if your greatest desire of all desires is for "THY WILL be done," then you can rest assured that from this day forward, all of your prayers will be answered always. God’s will (that is His intention for the way He has preordained everything to go), will always be done. No prayer has ever changed God’s plan or purpose in any way whatsoever. (Read my series on "free will").

Now then, if it was God’s intention for you to be blessed by some particular favor, and God inspires you to pray for that favor then it will surely be given to you. If on the other hand, if it was not God’s intention for you to be blessed by some particular favor, then no amount of praying will cause God to grant it to you. Either way, God’s will must be done, and if that is the greatest desire of your prayer for God’s will to be done in your life, then whether you receive some particular favor or you don’t receive it, nonetheless, YOUR PRAYER WILL BE ANSWERED.

No matter if we are praying for our fellow brethen or those without the faith, the greatest desire should be that His Will be done. In this regards, it doesn't matter and all our prayers will be answered.

Hope this helps,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.