bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: worship  (Read 3116 times)

Jennie

worship
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:22:35 AM »

I had 2 sweet young men come by the house the other day. God love them, they had to walk back in these woods all the way...probably a quarter of a mile where they had to leave their car. We had a pretty good snow that week and you couldn't drive through these woods. Anyway.... they were talking to me about going to church. I listened as they did their talk but then told them that I worshipped God right wherever I was at. They said the same things I had heard before but I didn't want to hurt their feelings so I listened on. I told them to wrap up good before they left on their walk back to their car and one of them turned and said " You've got this figured out don't you"? I told him I started every day with trusting God to sort me out and that is all I know to do. I hope I didn't hurt their feelings. But I truly do feel that I start my days asking God to sort me out. Any thoughts that would be helpful to this old mountain woman? Much love to you  all, Jennie

Deborah-Leigh

Re: worship
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 12:16:14 PM »

Hi Jennie

Mat 5:14  You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
You knew not to argue, quarrel, bicker, squabble or debate. Light is silent. It can be felt and it was.

Mar 9:50  Salt is good; but if the salt becomes saltless, with what will you season? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with one another.
You were asked a question. You were gracious in your reply.

Your presence may just have been a salt tasting that God appointed for them to experience regarding the error in what they think they have got all figured out!  That  God  made them walk a quarter mile through the woods to taste the salt and experience the light was only a small price to pay. HE paid the balance outstanding, for us all!

Good job Jennie! :)

Arc

Jennie

Re: worship
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 12:41:05 PM »

Thank you so much. That makes me feel better. Much love to all, Jennie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.