bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: end times  (Read 6636 times)

lauriellen

end times
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:54:42 PM »

hi everyone,
been re-reading alot of Ray's material, and in particular "12 God given truths to understanding Gods Word"......had a question....several times Ray mentions this scripture:
   1Co 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world (age) are come.
it got me to really thinking, are we really near the "end" of this age? Has Ray taught on the subject of where we might actually be in the sequence of God's plan for the ages?  is there any way we can know?  i used to believe we were looking for all the signs of revelation, but know i know that it is all symbolic and to be lived out by believers who are past, present and future.....soooo....
just wondering about that......would be nice if it were near....seems so far off sometimes.....get tired of saying to myself "someday".....guess just wishing it were someday already.... :-\
thanks,
lauri

Kat

Re: end times
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 10:46:17 PM »

Hi Lauri,

Each one of us are but one breath away from the return of Jesus Christ, because we really don't know when we will take our last breath in this life. When we die our next conscious thought will be the resurrection, so the return of Christ could potentially be very near for any of us. So we really should think that any day could actually be the day we raise up to meet Christ at the resurrection, being that we do not know the day we will die.

Mat 24:42  Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
v. 43  But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.
v. 44  Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Here is an email from Ray.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1603.0.html ------

What I personally believe doesn't amount to an ant hill. What we need to know is what God believes.  Let me give you a LAW that you can live with:  "If the Church teaches it, it is probably not true."  Remember that.  Jesus didn't say that "faith would increase" before He came.  Jesus asked if there would be ANY FAITH AT ALL when He returned.  I wish that all of you could come to our September Conference in Mobile, as I am going to really hammer home what the Bible says is really important for us to know and do.  Too many people are interested in prophecy and all for the wrong reasons.  If you can come to understand what it is that God desires of us, we don't need to care one iota as to when the "end" is coming. I virtually never ever think or talk or teach about WHEN the end of this age is, but rather WHAT it is that we need to be doing before it comes, and what we will be doing after Christ returns.

God be with you,

Ray

lauriellen

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:12:06 PM »

thanks kat, that answered my question about Ray's teaching on the subject. ;)

"  If you can come to understand what it is that God desires of us, we don't need to care one iota as to when the "end" is coming. "

[/quote]

i guess i need to focus on the above quote....just seems like i have had my nose buried in studying and learning EVERYTHING i could cram into my head the last year, begging God for understanding, and now that i have "some" understanding, i feel like i don't fit in this world anymore...i feel like i woke up one morning and am an alien here....i don't really know what i am supposed to do with this new understanding.....for sure nobody else in my family wants to here about it (lol)....i will look up the conference notes Ray mentions above and hopefully will get some direction.  thanks again for answering my question.
lauriellen

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 06:54:02 AM »

lauriellen, boy do I remember that feeling!! Now what am I suppose to do!! judy

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »

i don't really know what i am supposed to do with this new understanding.....lauriellen

lauriellen, boy do I remember that feeling!! Now what am I suppose to do!! judy

Here's a start. :)

1Th 4:10  And, truly, you are lovers of all the brothers in Macedonia; but it is our desire that your love may be increased still more;

1Th 4:1  Moreover, brethren, as you learnt from our lips the lives which you ought to live, and do live, so as to please God, we beg and exhort you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live them more and more truly.

1Th 3:12 Now may the Lord cause you to increase and superabound in love for one another and for all, even as we also for you,
1Th 3:13 to establish your hearts unblamable in holiness in front of our God and Father, in the presence of our Lord Jesus with all His saints."

Php 1:9  I pray that your love will keep on growing because of your knowledge and insight.
Php 1:10  That way you will be able to determine what is best and be pure and blameless until the day of Christ.

Col 1:9  For this reason we also, from the day we first received these tidings, have never ceased to pray for you and to entreat that you may be filled with a clear knowledge of His will accompanied by thorough wisdom and discernment in spiritual things;
Col 1:10  so that your lives may be worthy of the Lord and perfectly pleasing to Him, while you exhibit the results of right action of every sort and grow into a fuller knowledge of God

Eph 1:17  For I always beseech the God of our Lord Jesus Christ--the Father most glorious--to give you a spirit of wisdom and penetration through an intimate knowledge of Him,
Eph 1:18  the eyes of your understanding being enlightened so that you may know what is the hope which His call to you inspires, what the wealth of the glory of His inheritance in God's people,
Eph 1:19  and what the transcendent greatness of His power in us believers as seen in the working of His infinite might

Peace...Mark

lauriellen

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 11:54:24 AM »

thanks mark & judy....this helps alot.............peace

geokuhns

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 03:43:10 PM »

Here is the opening paragraphs of Ray's report titled "IN THE DAY OF THE GREAT SLAUGHTER, WHEN THE TOWERS FALL" (Isa 30:25). This is an awesome report and needs to be read several times.

http://bible-truths.com/towers.htm

WHEN IS THE END OF THIS WORLD?

Over the years I have been asked many times whether or not I thought the end of this world was near and the coming of our Lord was at hand? This question is usually asked with reference to some recent happening in the world, such as a war or rumor of wars, bad weather, famine, a new potential disease epidemic, some huge earthquake, volcano, hurricane, or a tsunami. These events are general, and have been with us for thousands of years. So my answer was always pretty much the same: "No, I do not believe that the end of the world is near, but certainly "…now our salvation is nearer than when we believed" (Rom.13:11). But that all changed on "September 11, 2001." This to me was not a "general" catastrophic happening as has been witnessed time and again, but this was a very specific catastrophe unlike anything before it.

Back in 2002 I gave a short lecture on 9-11. I now wish to make public to our readers the prophetic implications of this colossal disaster, as I believe is attested to in the Book of Isaiah.

Although numerous papers have been written about the Trade Towers and the reference to the Isaiah 30 prophecy, none seem to understand the time setting or the symbolism used. This prophecy does not fit the Babylonian captivity scenario to which most apply it, and I will show you from the Scriptures why this is so.

Why is the World Trade Center located in New York City in the first place?

Why not Hong Kong, or Jakarta, or Moscow?

Does the fact that America is the greatest defender and proponent of Christianity in the world have anything to do with the fact that it is also at the very center of the world’s trade and wealth?

bambam

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »

Lauriellen,
    Boy, do I understand that feeling of now that I know some things, where do I go from here.  But I am learning really fast that God is going to take me right where I need to go, no matter what it is.  And I can tell you that most people I know don't want to hear about it either.  But God is doing His thing and I am just trying to be patient and wait for Him to do it.  I don't worry about the end anymore-I used to because I was afraid I wasn't "saved".  Not anymore.  Now I get a big grin on my face and sometimes even tears when I think about the glorious end.  I don't care when it happens, I just want to do what I am supposed to be doing while I wait for my time.  And  in the end-I am thrilled to know that God is going to truly make ALL THINGS new!!!:) 

God be with you!
Beth :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »

most people I know don't want to hear about it either

I also experience that Beth. Also, when they hear about anything that we cherish, they can not contribute anything of their own. It almost feels cruel to share even a little bit. They only return the conversation with worldly information.  :(

We are a scattered famiy and our home is not of this world.

Just looking at what is on the Home Page here at BT.

Millions of unique visitors.....MILLIONS since BT began! So....where are they? What happened to them?

Arc
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 05:30:07 PM by Arcturus »

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 04:00:33 AM »

A Rayism that i like a lot.

Light and salt do not make noise.

my addition, they just light the way and season the food.

george ;D.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:43:23 PM by aqr »

Hiratnz

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 11:02:53 PM »

Well guess we are all in  the same Boat likewise with my Family our children our grand children though our Lord has at yet not dragged them i keep praying for them all.The start of this year the Almighty has brought this to my Notice  put me first Jesus lift me up and i will draw all men so my focus is on that and i encourage this to all our Brothers and Sisters do the Works leave the rest to Him  Amen

soberxp

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 02:44:17 PM »

end times? why not call it " new beginning " or " New Divide " ;D

Scientist knows the known-univers which Only a small part of the univers.how about the rest?Heaven?! I don't know,and Nobody knows it,even Scientists.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:48:39 PM by soberxp »

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 06:32:13 PM »

Hi all, Arc brought up a good point, millions of them and where are they? My questions would be, there is suppose to be more than 400 BT members, and where are they ?
       Bless you all.    Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Marky Mark

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 08:00:11 PM »

Hi all, Arc brought up a good point, millions of them and where are they? My questions would be, there is suppose to be more than 400 BT members, and where are they ?
       Bless you all.    Ricky

Genesis 6:5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Matthew 24:37 "For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.

Luk 18:8  I say to you that He will avenge them speedily. Yet when the Son of Man comes, shall He find faith on the earth?

Mat 22:14 For many are the called, yet few are the chosen."

Peace...Mark

jeetkunejimi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
End times
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 04:17:03 PM »

When he comes, he comes, until then and if it's while I'm still alive I'm going to be very busy carrying on living. I won't be worrying about it, what will be, will be. Nothing anyone can do will speed it up, but that's just my thoughts on it. God bless us all.
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.