bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It awakens against you!  (Read 8439 times)

daywalker

It awakens against you!
« on: March 20, 2010, 07:49:32 PM »

[Not sure exactly why I decided to post this... just wanted to I guess...]

I'm not sure if there are any pro wrestling fans here, but on WWE Friday Night Smackdown, there's a wrestler named Ezekiel Jackson, and he likes to use a quote from the book of Ezekiel [who'da thought?] as the closing line of his statements... After hearing him say it several dozen times, I finally decided to look up the actual chapter/verse...

Ezekiel 7:6 ...the end has come; it has awakened against you...

Now, I'd have to admit that's one of the scariest verses I've read. I get chills every time he says it LOL...  :o

Daywalker  8)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: It awakens against you!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 12:52:03 AM »

I stopped liking wrestling several years ago. Got a bit too silly/vulgar/bad for me. But I was a big fan when I was a teenager. Hitman Hart was my all-time favorite.  8)

Patrick

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 02:43:20 AM »

I had lunch with The Undertaker!
Several years ago, a few of the wrestlers rode custom V-twins that were built by the company I worked for. In the beginning, they would ship the bikes back to us for service/repair; then they wanted a service tech flown out to work on the bikes. I got the short straw!  ;D
At an event in San Diego, I was having some lunch, sitting by myself, Undertaker noticed the logo on my shirt, and asked if he could join me; we talked Harley's for about 30 minutes. He's a neat guy, loves his motorcycles!

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 03:20:09 AM »

Thats a pretty intense verse Chris!!!
Thanks for sharing.

I've seen an interview with the undertaker, don't remember what it was for but I remember how different of a guy he seems verses the character he plays. Thats cool Patrick!!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Joel

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 12:25:17 PM »

My daughter use to date a guy that worked at a sports bar in Charlotte.
He said that most of the big names in sports, NBA stars, NFL, and some popular wrestlers also, came there to hang out. Rick Flair was one he was telling me about, and what a gentleman he was in there. He said Flair was a really good tipper, unlike some. :o

Joel

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »

I stopped liking wrestling several years ago. Got a bit too silly/vulgar/bad for me. But I was a big fan when I was a teenager. Hitman Hart was my all-time favorite.  8)

The Excellence of Execution!!!!!  :D :D :D

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 12:38:44 PM »

I used to go to wrestling every Friday night with my dad when I was a teenager! We'd go to a coffee shop across the street afterward and we always saw the "good" guys and the "bad" guys having coffee together acting like great friends! ha!! That was funny!  :D
Kathy ;)

Akira329

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 01:01:41 PM »

I saw that Bret Hart made a return to WWE, I had thought him and Vince McMahon were on the outs?
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Patrick

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »

Quote from: Akira329
I saw that Bret Hart made a return to WWE, I had thought him and Vince McMahon were on the outs?

They're going to settle it once and for all  ::) with a match next Sunday, at Wrestlemania! Phoenix is going to be crazy this week with all the pre-Wrestlemania events starting.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 07:01:56 PM »

Jerry Lawler was the King when I was young in Memphis.  I saw him one day in the Memphis International Airport.  He barely came up to my adam's apple.  I'm not saying he couldn't have kicked my skinny butt, but he looked a lot bigger on TV, and I had a 17" set.

He did whoop Andy Kaufman, though.  I think that's when I lost all respect for rasslin'.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Extol

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 12:02:49 PM »

Yes, Marques!! One of the best wrestling nicknames ever.  8)

daywalker

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 02:28:35 PM »

They're going to settle it once and for all  ::) with a match next Sunday, at Wrestlemania! Phoenix is going to be crazy this week with all the pre-Wrestlemania events starting.

Quote from: mharrell08

LOL... yep yep... There have been rumors of this match for years, and FINALLY.. It really is gonna happen!!! I never thought Bret would return to WWE... but pretty awesome that he did! haha...

The thing that amazes me about pro wrestling is how quickly they can turn a guy from "face" to "heel", how the can essentially "control" the crowd. One week a wrestler can be the most hated and booed man on the roster; but then he does/says one thing to another bad guy, and the following week he comes out to loud cheers and favorable signs all throughout the arena.

It's fascinating.  :D

Daywalker  8)

Akira329

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 03:45:13 AM »

Quote from: mharrell08

LOL... yep yep... There have been rumors of this match for years, and FINALLY.. It really is gonna happen!!! I never thought Bret would return to WWE... but pretty awesome that he did! haha...

The thing that amazes me about pro wrestling is how quickly they can turn a guy from "face" to "heel", how the can essentially "control" the crowd. One week a wrestler can be the most hated and booed man on the roster; but then he does/says one thing to another bad guy, and the following week he comes out to loud cheers and favorable signs all throughout the arena.

It's fascinating.  :D

Daywalker  8)

That always fascinated me too Chris!!!

I believe the Undertaker was an exception to this rule! :D

Antaiwan
-Albert Einstein
- Jesus

geokuhns

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 12:42:19 PM »

I haven't been a wrestling fan since I was 10 years old. Back then the heros were Gorgeous George and Don Eagle. Later a home town favorite was Bruno Sammartino, a former world champion, who just happened to be on TV yesterday about the passing of a former wrestler.

Stacey

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 01:31:45 PM »

I haven't been a wrestling fan since I was 10 years old. Back then the heros were Gorgeous George and Don Eagle. Later a home town favorite was Bruno Sammartino, a former world champion, who just happened to be on TV yesterday about the passing of a former wrestler.

I remember Gorgeous George too but, when I met him I was about 12 years old and he was a traveling evangelist at our church at the time. I'll never forget it. He had huge picture displays of hell and the devil and the beasts of Revelation. He was preaching hard on the end times. It was pretty scary stuff plus he was big and loud.  :)
Stacey

daywalker

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 03:00:03 PM »

That always fascinated me too Chris!!!

I believe the Undertaker was an exception to this rule! :D

Antaiwan

Hahaha.. yep, true that... the Deadman... the Phenom... Soon to be

18-0

@ Wrestlemania! Sorry HBK, shoulda picked another opponent  ;D

Joel

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 12:22:34 AM »

Hey George,
I too was a big fan at about that age.
I remember--
Big Bill Ward was the announcer,
Rip Hawk,
The Masked Bolos,
Haystack Calhoun,
Johnny Weaver,
Johnny "The rubberman" Walker,
Johnny Rivers,
And Gorgeous George, to name a few :D :) ::)

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 23 queries.