bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pray for me  (Read 3921 times)

dre91

pray for me
« on: March 22, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »

Before i married my wife she told me that she was praying for God to send her a man that would praise and worship in church with her. After we got married i became that man. We shouted, ran, and praised in church together. Some years later God enlightened me to His truths. I have tried to share them with my wife but she rejected it. I would like to also mention that my wife is a minister and choir director in the church. When i stepped down from everything at cornerstone it saddened her. She also told she was miserable in our marriage and she wish i would go back the way i was. I told her i couldnt and i couldnt reject Gods truth. I know who i am since in christ since God has enlightened. I am humble and i dont think i am more than more wife. I just wanted to ask the elect to pray for my marriage.

LiberatedEagle

Re: pray for me
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 06:10:27 PM »

Hello dre91,

I know there are brothers and sisters here on the forum who's married to an unbeliever and can emphathize more so than I. However, I know it's an awful feeling to be rejected by those you love dearly. It's even more painful when they surmise your love for God is caused by a demonic influence. Though it was hard for me to accept, I begin to understand that this was only proof that God was doing something different with me. Peter warns us not to be surprised when these hard trials come upon us as though something strange were happening [1 Peter 4:12]. Jesus said that he didn't come to bring peace, but a sword. He even said there will come a time when your enemies will be they of your own household [Matthew 10:34-36].

I know it's very hard because pratically my whole family has significant roles in the pentecostal church and they all look at me with grave disdain. Imagine how it feels to have such a love for God only to be look upon as Satan himself and/or a heretic. My father disapproves of me, my mother disdains me, my aunt thinks I'm the archangel for Satan, and the list goes on. I experience this just about everyday in one form or another. I say this because I want you to know that God will give you peace in this situation. One day you will begin to see the pain you're experiencing can't even scratch the surface in comparison to who you are in Christ and the reward God has waiting for those predestined to be conformed to the image of the Son of God. Again, I know it hurts but one day you'll appreciate the tears you've cried.

Be encouraged dre91 and I'm praying for you,

Charles

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »

Mat 10:25  It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

Mat 10:35-36  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Boy are these words true.  It's not any different than it was back then.  Those that resisted Jesus message the most wasn't the world but the religious people of His day and the same thing now.  The unbelievers even know that God is too good to torment people for all eternity but the Christians don't know this and they are the ones who resist the message the most.  Peace to you and God will open your wife's heart when he is ready.  In the meantime He is using this turmoil to do a work in you.  When I run across folks like this what I am always reminded of is that I used to believe just like they did and I would of acted the very same way towards the universalist position.  God be with you and grace you during this time.

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »

Hi dre91,

I can feel your pain, we have the very similar situation. My only advice is, try to get a very good reign on your tongue and temper in this case. Shes knows where your goats are tied, and because she is still blind, will yank on the chains as much as possible to try you. I could Pray for you, but will instead Pray that God's Will Be Done, exactly as He has purposed it for you.

BTW, want to spend a week with a couple of my siblings or mother, JWs for over 40 yrs all.

Hold on tight brother, it can get get pretty hairy sometimes.

Peace Love In GOD And our Lord Christ Jesus.

george ;D.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 10:10:48 PM »

Floyd, I'm going to kind of second what George said...I have friends and family that really do "know where my goats are tied" also!!  :o
I will be praying for you and your wife! And also that God's will be done in all things.. :)
Kathy ;)

Joel

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 10:20:08 PM »

You have my prayers Floyd, keep fighting the GOOD FIGHT.
Joel

Roy Coates

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 11:48:05 PM »

Your prayer request is not much different than mine a while back and others not mentioned. Your not alone, your in Good Hands, witness not by clever argument but by how you live, study be prepared to answer those of the hope that lies within you. Everything is exactly the way it is supposed to be.

Father sustain our brother, he needs strength, wisdom, understanding, peace, comfort and grace to see him through this trial. In Jesus' name, Amen

bpenelli

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 01:35:11 AM »

Father sustain our brother, he needs strength, wisdom, understanding, peace, comfort and grace to see him through this trial. In Jesus' name, Amen

Amen
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 05:48:04 AM »

Brad, you can't change her. Mind yourself. I am shown more of what I am made of by my replys. I have an atheist in my house. At least he says he is. Horrible!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.