bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the kingdom  (Read 5241 times)

dre91

the kingdom
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:54:04 AM »

is there a difference in the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: the kingdom
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:25:47 AM »

We are counciled, exhorted and encouraged to "Pay attention to the words!" L Ray Smith.

That would be a good start. 8)

Do you have e-sword. Do you have a concordance?

Arc

dre91

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:46:56 AM »

i have a concordance but i thought the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God were used interchangeably. I was hoping someone could give me an answer or confirm this.

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:52:02 AM »

i have a concordance but i thought the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God were used interchangeably. I was hoping someone could give me an answer or confirm this.

Yes Dre, I believe the 2 terms are used interchangeably.

Excerpt from 'What is the Gospel of the Kingdom?' (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.0.html):

HEAVEN OF THE HEAVENS

So what is the kingdom?   We are the kingdom of God.  We are the kingdom of the heavens. 
Where does God reside?  In heaven.  God resides in heaven, but it is not called the kingdom of heaven in the Greek, you can check Rotherham and all those, it’s kingdom of the heavens, plural.  We are the temple of God.  God resides in His temple God resides in heaven.  We are the heaven in which God resides, where He dwells.
But don’t get to haughty, because the Scriptures say, not even all the heaven of the heavens can contain Him.

2Chron 6:18  …Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You.  How much less this temple which I have built!

But never the less it is true, He does dwell in the heavens.  But they can’t even contain Him, He’s bigger than that.  But He does dwell in His heavens, we are His heavens, we are His spiritual kingdom.  But it does not yet appear what we shall be, we only have the earnest, down payment of His spirit.

Eph 1:14  which is an earnest of our inheritance, unto the redemption of God's own possession, unto the praise of his glory.

We have the down payment, but John says we will eventually see Him as He is, because we will be like Him.  We will be like Jesus Christ. 

1John 3:2  Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

So we are the kingdom of God.  Christ is going to return with a kingdom.  What does He return with?  What is the symbolism of how Christ returns?  He returns on, what is He riding?  A white horse.  Is anybody with Him?  An army.  Are they walking?  They are riding on white horses too.

Rev 19:14  And the armies in Heaven followed Him on white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

What is that army?  The kingdom of God, it’s us.  We are coming with Him, He is going to gather us up.  Gather up what?  His army, His kingdom.

We still have all these parables though.  We are the kingdom of God, so what are all these parbles?
The kingdom of God is like…a merchant
The kingdom of God is like…a seed
The kingdom of God is like…a king that goes afar
The kingdom of God is like…workers in a vineyard
Like… like… like…what is it like? 
Specifically we will see what the parables are all talking about, they are all talking about the same thing.  Jesus Christ says, “Do you not know this parable? And how then will you know all parables?” (Mark 4:13)

So does it mean if you know one parable that you can know them all?  Yes.  Why?  They are all the same.  That’s why the kingdom of God is like this and also like this and like this and this, etc.  Well what is that ‘like,’ like what?  Well it’s like Seed.  But what is that?  What is it saying though?  The Seed and the country and the vineyard and the leaven… what is it actually saying?  What is it like?  What is the ‘like’?

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM?

So we are the kingdom!  We are the kingdom of God.  We are the temples - the heavens in which God’s Spirit dwells.  We are a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar special people to God and through this kingdom, with Christ as the King, all the families of the earth are going to be blessed.  But we are blessed through judgment and they are going to be blessed in judgment.  We may think it would be nice if it was another way, but it’s through judgment.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 12:56:46 PM »

Hi dre91,

In the four Gospels "kingdom of God" is predominately used, with Matthew using "kingdom of heaven" to some degree. This one Scripture states it different.

Mat 13:43  Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

But when you move beyond the Gospels you have the same term used differently a few times. But even with these variances it all seems to be referring to the same thing.

Eph 5:5  For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Col 1:13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son:

2Pe 1:11  For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 12:49:34 PM »

The "Kingdom of God" also known as the "Kingdom of the heavenS," is God's domain, where He resides.  To the degree that we have God's Spirit is the degree to which we reside in this Kingdom. At present we are merely begotten, awaiting a new birth into His Kingdom. This Kingdom has no end after the physical has passed away. Etc.  Too big a subject for an email.
        God be with you,
        Ray http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4138.0.html ---
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.