bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just want to call some attention to a feature at B-T and share a bit  (Read 2859 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2808.new.html#new

Part of it is new.  Part of it has been around a while, but is new to me.  Thanks to Kat for posting and (I'm assuming) compiling this outline.

I had a rough, sleepless night last night.  My mind was occupied with and wrestling with a lot of Spiritual stuff.  I don't usually think of things in terms of lists of Doctrinal points, but when I saw the above and began to think on how my faith has grown these last two years, I have to put it like this:

I knew some precious truths of God from childhood and youth.  Beyond those, it's been the Spirit of God operating through Ray and B-T to reveal only this handful of truths  :D :

The Sovereignty of God
The Fallacy of Hell and Eternal punishment
The Purpose, timing, and motivation of Judgement
The Gospel of the Kingdom--many called, few chosen
The mission of the Elect
The Family nature of God
The inadequacy of the Christian doctrine (and gospel music industry imaginings) of heaven
The meaning of the Parables
The keys to understanding scripture
How to Pray
What it means to live Spiritually
What it means to be obedient
The blessings of stumbling, falling, and burning.
The meaning and importance of repentance
The true hope of Resurrection
The Purpose of Creation
The purpose and nature of Evil
The purpose and nature of Good
The purpose and nature of Man
The purpose and nature of ME

and...
The meaning of Life.

Other than that, I pretty much knew everything.   :D

Any wonder why we go from faith to faith without ever leaving 'here'?  It's hard for me to feel all 'pitiful' looking back.  That builds faith for looking forward.  Somebody prayed for me last night.  Thanks to God.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:49:29 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

bambam

Re: Just want to call some attention to a feature at B-T and share a bit
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:22:36 AM »

Wow, that just made me think, I sure have a long way to go.  I am going through the wringer right now.  It hurts more than anything I have ever gone through, but I want to know the truth and keep learning.  I can't go back.  Thanks for sharing that.  :) 

Beth ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 19 queries.