bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parable of the Nobleman?  (Read 13639 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Parable of the Nobleman?
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 06:32:28 PM »

In this parable I see the opposite. I see 2 chosen and 1 'called' or rejected. Exponentially this would work out to many chosen and few called. Any writings of Ray's on this particular aspect?

Hi cp

Consider applying the basic principles to understanding God’s Word in order to discern whether or not your assessments are Scriptural or not.

Spiritual principle  number 9 of the 12 God given Truths to Understand God’s Word quote:

Why is no Scripture its OWN interpretation, we might ask? To protect the integrity of the Scriptures, for one thing. ALL twelve of these spiritual principles are to be used together in explaining the Scriptures. If every Scripture or even any Scripture can be its "own interpretation," then we wouldn’t need the other eleven principles.

From Spiritual principle number 5 quote:

Everything from Genesis to Revelation pertains to a higher SPIRITUAL meaning than the physical examples, parables, metaphors, allegories, stories and symbols in which they are written.

The words of Jesus are not to be taken literally, physically, materially, carnally. All of Jesus’ teachings are SPIRITUAL.

Amen. Are you saying within each person there is a beast, a man of sin, the old man?

Spiritual Truth number 4 quote:

We are all in Adam. We do all that Adam did. We believe in the Spirit what Israel lived in the flesh. All Israel was baptized in the Red Sea. We are all baptized into Christ’s death. And now the last Adam (Christ) lives His life in us (Gal. 2:20), but not until we repent of the first Adam of the flesh living his life in us.

"Then opened He their UNDERSTANDING, that they might UNDERSTAND the Scriptures" (Luke 24:45);

"Consider what I say: and the Lord give you UNDERSTANDING in all things" (II Tim. 2:7).

Arc

claypot

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 09:53:27 PM »

Thanks Arc, sounds good.

cp

claypot

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 10:26:13 PM »

Hi cp

Consider applying the basic principles to understanding God’s Word in order to discern whether or not your assessments are Scriptural or not.

Spiritual principle  number 9 of the 12 God given Truths to Understand God’s Word quote:

Why is no Scripture its OWN interpretation, we might ask? To protect the integrity of the Scriptures, for one thing. ALL twelve of these spiritual principles are to be used together in explaining the Scriptures. If every Scripture or even any Scripture can be its "own interpretation," then we wouldn’t need the other eleven principles.

What I tend to do to protect the integrity of Scripture is to not only have 2 or 3 witnesses, which to me is minimal, but if I can’t see what I believe in all of Scripture then I don’t go with it or preach it. Believe it or not but everything substantial that  I have written in all these threads, though often taken as evil or unscriptural by some here, I can back from different angles, with all the Scripture I have had time to check it with.

My goal in accepting any thing as true is to try to work my way through each book of the Bible and try to find what I believe to be true in each book otherwise it can’t be true in my opinion. So again, 2 or 3 witnesses is not good enough for me but I am thankful to God that that is a guideline he has allowed for us. But I think it is a minimal outline. Jesus says to be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect. Perfection goes the extra mile! Now don’t get me wrong, I am far from perfect but I have something in me (I hope and believe is the Spirit) that makes me want to try.

Don’t you think for something to be true it should be in all of Scripture? Scripture is its own concordance and commentary in my opinion.

I do really like the principals in the 12 steps though. Very insightful.

Another discipline I put upon myself is to see the word of God in all aspects of life. In other words I believe each word of Scripture is not only for us but about us in some way, shape or form. It is a living word able to divide between soul and spirit. It is a vehicle of God for our correction, teaching, admonishment, encouragement and so on. From Genesis to Revelation, every dot and every stroke is applicable to me, you and all creation. This may seem radical but it has been an amazing journey for me full of revelations from who I believe to be none other than God Himself.

Not everyone has the time to do as I do and God understands but it is well worth the effort. I see Ray is blessed with sight and wisdom to pass on what God gives him and I respect Ray much.

Being you keep encouraging me to do this and that I just wanted you to realize that I have a system I follow and it is also backed up by not only 2 or 3 witnesses in Scripture but by every part of the Bible I have had time to look up. When I say all my expressed thoughts and beliefs are backed up by Scripture I mean either literally or spiritually or usually both. First the natural and then the spiritual.

cp

claypot

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 10:37:59 PM »

All scripture  [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto  all  good works. {throughly...: or, perfected} 2tim3.16

Not just a few Scripture but ALL.

Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.  16  But if he will not hear [thee, then] take with thee one or  two  more, that in the  mouth  of  two  or three witnesses every word may be established.mt18.15

This is a very good principal of course but it doesn't negate what all of Scripture is for.

cp

claypot

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 10:45:53 PM »

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

TRUTH NUMBER 11
"Grace be into you, and peace, from Him which IS and which WAS, and which IS TO COME…" (Rev. 1:4).
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, says the Lord, which IS, and which WAS, and which IS TO COME, THE almighty" (Rev. 1:8).
"Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME" (Rev. 4:8).
"Jesus Christ the same YESTERDAY, and TODAY, and FOR EVER" (Hebrews 13:8).
When God wants to emphasis something, He repeats it. When He really wants to emphasize something, He repeats it again. When He really, really, really wants to emphasize something, He repeats it multiple times.

Amen Ray, amen!

If it is true God repeats it and repeats it. The Bible is one message and that message is Love and it is repeated and repeated over and over for those who have eyes to see.

cp

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 05:38:42 AM »

Opinions can become beliefs and beliefs can become convictions.

I am convinced that as Ray edifies, councils and expounds, the entire Gospel is pointing to one thing and that is ‘many called, FEW chosen’

Arc

claypot

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 09:30:18 AM »

I am convinced that as Ray edifies, councils and expounds, the entire Gospel is pointing to one thing and that is ‘many called, FEW chosen’

Arc

That is your opinion, not that many are called but few chosen for that is Scripture, but your declaration of what the ONE THING the entire Gospel is pointing to.

Not a bad belief but I believe what the entire Gospel is pointing to is Love.

I find that Love is the golden thread running throughout all of Scripture. I see it in Ray's writings to be sure.

cp

mharrell08

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »

Arc

That is your opinion, not that many are called but few chosen for that is Scripture, but your declaration of what the ONE THING the entire Gospel is pointing to.

Not a bad belief but I believe what the entire Gospel is pointing to is Love.

I find that Love is the golden thread running throughout all of Scripture. I see it in Ray's writings to be sure.

cp

CP,

I don't understand the need to always debate. Why can't it be both?

The few chosen will bring the many called, as well as all the nations, into reconciliation with God. Why would you assume this is NOT done in Love?

Arcturus never said Love was NOT the entire gospel nor did she say 'the many called, Few chosen' was the ONLY gospel. If you always look for the little differences with other members, you'll always find them and you'll continue to find yourself in senseless debates.

Marques

Late Edit: Let's get back to the original topic and not hi-jack someone else's thread.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 10:09:30 AM by mharrell08 »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.