bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does God Learn? Or did He learn?  (Read 5850 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Does God Learn? Or did He learn?
« on: March 26, 2010, 06:15:26 PM »

Hi Ray, will try and be short with my questions, quoted from one of your studies; Truth no. 5 under 12 God given truths to understand His Word:

….Jesus had to "suffer" and "learn obedience" (Heb. 5:08). (a) God does not suffer: (b) God does not learn anything, seeing that God is all knowing (Isa. 46:10).

a)     The bible mentions that God long suffered ;

Rom 9:22  What if God, willing to shew his wrath, & to make his power knowen, indured with much long suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: (KJV1611)

In the above verse longsuffering is synonymous with patience, endurance etc, When you said God does not suffer. In which sense did He not? Seeing that ‘suffering for long" calls for difficult situations to be accomplished.

b) I was watching your new video on BT: Where Did God Get His Knowledge? You went on explaining that wisdom is the principle thing and was in the beginning with God. And then you came to the part where you said ‘If Jesus had the fruits of the Spirit (that includes longsuffering which must be learned through experience) which He got from His father (God), then God must have went though some tough time acquiring it! (Hoping I’m not misquoted you). I agree that God long suffered for us. If you say again God doesn’t learn, is this a contradiction? Please clarify.

Thanks kindly

Christalfan

Dear Christalfan:  Like I have always been saying and teaching:  "We need to pay close attention TO ALL THE WORDS."  That includes my words and well as God's Word.

You seem to be quoting me as though I made my statement in the present tense, which I did not:  "...God DOES not suffer."  That is presently.  I do not recall saying that "God HAS NOT ever suffered." (Past tense).  "God DOES not learn anything, seeing that God IS [NOW] all knowing."  What I was trying to bring out in my lecture has to do with God BEFORE He "brought forth" or "birthed" wisdom by which He then was able to Create the heavens and the earth IN WISDOM.

God be with you,

Ray

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:45:51 AM by mharrell08 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.